needed help from all sifus

Jun 14, 2009
hi sifus around,
i own a proton gen2 with 4g63 (evo4). the stock boost is around 0.6 when i just own it but my workshop push it to 1.4 bars without having any tuning.
can any sifu guide me is it safe to boost tat high as i dun wan my engine to break down as i fix it not long ago.

Bump:

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
Whats your current setup bro?

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
just lower it back to around 1.0bar for maximum safety. i guess ur mechanic is feeding u with boost to keep u happy. for sure ur very impressed with the power increase but only god knows what component is going to be the weak link n break down. u will have to spend more n more money to keep it safe at 1.4bar. better just turn down the boost n u dont have to spend money for supporting mods n yet still be worried.

just be patient cos i'm sure u will feel that ur car will be severely underpowered after feeling the g-force of 1.4bar. keep up with 1.4bar n in the end, more n more money will be spent. just remember, once ur caught with Boost Defeciency Syndrome, there is no cure. money will flow out like there's no tomoro. take it easy, be happy with something modest, n it will reward u with maximum reliability n most of all, ur cash stays in ur bank.

Last edited:

casper23

Known Member
Jan 27, 2009
"Boost Defeciency Syndrome" --- new syndrone that make doc. head turn around....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

This was something I did a while ago. I realised that the hot air from the radiator fan blows directly at the air filter and this will cause the air intake tempreature to be high. I had a hose that channels air from a scoop from under the car so I though that building a heat shield around the filter would b a great idea. the details are at http://post-spm.blogspot.com/2005_02_06_post-spm_archive.html. scroll down a bit to look at the pictures. I used some old aluminium sheets that...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience