Need Some Help Guys!!!Let's Discuss!!

clanzkiller

1,000 RPM
Oct 31, 2006
Hey Guys,i need some help here...hope u all can discuss wit me...and give me a better advise..cause i can't think myself...gonna break my head :)
here is the list..small small and big big...as wat i remember i write it down..

1.Year 1995 Satria
- GSR-RS Engine Transplate on 2004
- BodyKit and Intercooler both standard
- SARD Blowoff
- No Extension meter like boost,temp etc...
- Evo dashboard
- Original GTI seat on behind seat
- Adjustable absorber (forget wat brand)
- Stainless steel 2.5' Exhaust
- No Audio System
- Original Momo Steering
- Semi-Bucket Seat on front side
- Pivot T-Timer
- Messy Engine Bay,No Leaking
- TD04H Turbo

2.Year 2004 Satria SE
- GSR Engine Transplate on Jun 2006
- Evo3 Intercooler
- Original GTi BodyKit
- HKS SQV Blowoff
- Apexi Boost,Temp,Air Meter
- Evo dashboard
- Semi-Bucket Seat On front side,Backside original satria SE wan
- TIEN Adjustable HI,LOW,SOFT,HARD absorber
- Titanium 3' Exhaust
- Sony CD Player Wit LCD
- Apexi or HKS T-Timer,forget
- Neat Engine Bay,No Leaking
- Racing Clutch
- Advance 16' Rims
- Carbon Fiber Hood
- TD05H Turbo Twin Blade

As the information show above...
Let's say if i'm using the year1995 satria and i bought it on around 14-18k...
and the year2004 satria selling for around 38-42k...
izit worth to buy the year2004 wan or i take the money to modify my own year1995 car...as to mention,the car born date are different...so the price are also different from it...need some advise pls..thanks!!

Last edited:

drMpower

May 1, 2006
My holy advise to you is that, NEVER ever BUY modified cars. sound very brush and may not be what you are expecting. but trust me, dont.

you buy a decent car and mod it from scratch. you will have a very clear idea of what have been done and how it cope with the modded extras.
have you ever self-calculated how much the extras on both cars worth? I reckoned that, it should be lower than 38K for the 2004.

My advice = mod ur own ride. its cheaper. its safer. its will be BETTER

clanzkiller

1,000 RPM
Oct 31, 2006
u means tat i just use back my own car?
anyways,sound like it...thanks for your advise..!!

Y a k u Z a

Global Moderator
Helmet Clan
Feb 16, 2006
Sydney, AU
www.facebook
Well in my pov,I guess if you're not a student and probably has alot of time to spend on modding your car or have the cash to maintain it to most tip top condition all the time,I guess it's not a problem for you to go with the first option,I do hope that you know that even if you buy that ride,you would have to spend a hefty amount of cash at the beginning as the stuff would probably be old already.Option B does look very attractive though ,but bear in mind,with that amount of money,you can actually buy a n original year 2000/01 GTi with Evo 2/3 engine,that's if you don't mind that the year of the manufacturing date is a few years older than the SE version,anyway the choice is up to you =) Good luck in obtaining your new ride!

clanzkiller

1,000 RPM
Oct 31, 2006
waaa...another one tat advise me on option 1..
looks like i gonna say bye bye to option 2...

m a v [3] r i c k

9,000 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
KL
Visit site
clanzkiller,
Dont just buy the car because its cheaper than another. Get your mechanic to check on the car that you're going to purchase thoroughly. You wouldnt wanna buy a car that gives you more headache in the end of the day, right? Remember, you are buying a car to save you trouble and not giving you trouble. :regular_smile:

As what Y a k u Z a said, for the kind of price you're paying for option 2, you are better off with a well taken care GTi with 4G63T/93T heart. In the end of the day, its still a GTi. If you have the cash, its better for you to convert the engine on your own (if you are planning to get a 4G93T as 4G63 are no longer allowed in satria chassis). Just my opinion though. Hope this helps. :regular_smile:

dome zero

Known Member
Jun 14, 2006
the satria u mention is yr2004 rite? quite new, but e quetion is y tis owner wan sell e car after he spend alot $$ to mod?????? think ur self. n wht purpose he selling car??? is tht car got mjor prob?

if wan to mod car, i prefer mod by ur self, some more u can learn n get some exp whn u mod ur car mah:baring_teeth:

clanzkiller

1,000 RPM
Oct 31, 2006
ok then...
since all of u advise tat i better do everything myself..then i just use back my own car la..
anyways..thanks guys for helping me crack the question :)

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
modding is a passion.... owning a modded car is jz to showoff...
if u have the passion, use the money to mod ur car up...

why ur friend wanna sell his brand new modded car??... something amiss???...

clanzkiller

1,000 RPM
Oct 31, 2006
nothing miss on tat car i think...the reason he gave is tat his parent don wan him to drive mod car...

Ok...just let's say..
if after i check the satria SE 2004 car wit my mechanic,check inside n outside,everything tat have on tat car...even a 1 inch hole....and my mechanic say tat tis car is marvelous,nth in bad or even half life condition,and nothing need to be repair....can say tat is perfect for everything....
just put the self-mod knowledge aside...like u all guys advise me..tat mod my own car using own mind is better then other ppl do it..cause i know every single things tat i do to my car..now..just leave tis aside first..
and just wan to know izit worth wit the spec of the car,next,the condition of the car..actually the condition should be put in first place,but then just put it on second first cause i not yet go and check outz tat car wit my mechanic...no time since working..

Just An Example

Own Car Condition
- High boost,engine die without air-con...sometimes only...wit air-con even worst..
just hear the BOV sound then die..already change 2 throtle body..stil the same..
and stil got some minor engine problem...forget wat was it xD

Considering Car Condition
- Perfect!!

how's was it...give me some idea aaa..thanks guys!!!!~

ikan_laga

Known Member
Aug 19, 2006
Penang
i agree with with u all..better start from scratch..its the best bro..start from standard,gain experience and all that and u'll gain respect from others..:shades_smile:
look from other perspective..u'll be more appreciate of ur hand-work..

and hell yeah why the owner want to sell his new car after all major mods?
but for me none are my choice..one too old,one too expensive..

well,ekceli its depends alot of factors;ur financial,cash/loan,purpose,future plan etc..
plan wisely or u'll regret..terpulanglah..

Last edited:

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
well... final decision is on u... u decide which suits u best... if u think going through all the modding process is a fuss for u, jz get a readily modded car... jz like u claim, the car is 100% in good health....

jz as i previously said, u have the modding car passion, mod up ur own car... owning someones modded car, u cant learn much from there....

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
well convertered car price is obviously drop like hell and hard to sell nowadays. Most ppl heard "engine changed car" they would not wanna get their hand dirty on it unless you really know the ex-owner and how well the car was maintain all time then maybe if might wanna get it providing the price is good.

If i am you whereby kinda of keen to explore the world of modified car, i would go for the old year 95 Satria since as name "modify"...meaning you can always take out exisiting and insert something you want (replacement or modify again :D) but again as the car is already 11 years, you might as well check the body and chasis of the car too and make sure it's still in shape... Also for this car, basically what u pay right now the 14-18k is just the engine/exterior/interior/ modified cost as the car body is not longer worth value

If you take the Year 2004 Satria SE, try and go check out the market value next day after you buy...i am sure you will be suprise since price will be drop like mad... hardly there will be dealer will dare to take the car since once they heard "Turbo/engine change" car (not original)..sure big no no to them.

Also i can tell you end of the day you wouldn't be sactify with current setup as you will still continue to upgrade things like Turbine, Intercooler to those bigger ones...that's the poison of modifying car...by the time you are tired doing all the modification and found there already tonnes of $$ spend to upgrade here and there + maintaining it..then you will choose to go back to comfortable car again and sell this modified car to someone where just step into the world of modified car...

Just think throughly about it...what car are you actually looking for ? Purpose ? Becoz you want fast and power ? How much you plan to invest how long can you keep the car....

Don't make wrong investment since you know all car price is depreciating every single second and alot MORE on modified car

Just my 2 cents. No offence against anybody ya :)

This kinda of hobby and passion need alot $$, summore if you are travelling alot..haha, fuel going to burn alot more...wear and tear faster...

clanzkiller

1,000 RPM
Oct 31, 2006
ok skywalker..thanks for your advise..!

g88,yalo the car are selling kinda expensive tat's why i still consider if i wan or not..or myabe take all the money to modi my own car..
will i satisfy the car not sure yet...cause i don wan to spend whole my money on the car...maybe half only..and yes everyone will turn back to comfortable car..
but then u know la still in tis age...so might plan to drive the car until the day tat maybe i gonna get married xD....don wan so power and fast also...ok ok can liao lo..thats why i chose proton GSR only...my fren ask me to buy RB25 bla bla bla or even directly original skyline,evo or subaru...stil don have those confident to drive those car...better start from the line first..driving 1.8 is better then directly driving a 2.5 or even higher car..
and of course...if after i chose tis proton GSR..then i won't use until i sell the car cause the reason of too slow...
since so many ppl advise me..i think i know wat to do already;...
thanks guys for helping me seeking the answer :)
if there's is more opinion or advise...kindly post only...thanks brothers and sisters

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello everyone,

I am thinking of transplanting 6a12 into a hyundai coupe 2005 chassis. After visiting the chop shop in USJ yesterday I realised that modification on mounting is a must. The boss provide transplant service if its PnP...

So I am here too seek recommendations from u guys for a reliable workshop that are really reliable and capable to transplant and yet to mod my engine mounting...

Thanks heaps.

BTW... do u guys think 6a12 is a way too old engine?:confused: I am a...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience