Need Help from VW n Morris Sifus

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Perdanalusuh

Aug 4, 2006
I want to refurbish one Morris Minor and seems that the body is indentical to VW I just wonder where can I do the welding , change all the windows/door rubber and paint.

No major welding needed... just few small holes here n there...:_:

I also wonder where can I get cheap parts... not for the engine but for the body.

Your information n help is well appreciated.

Thanks.

Perdanalusuh

Aug 4, 2006
Here are the pictures of the car....

I just want to know if the rubber at the door have an universal replacement.

Perdanalusuh

Aug 4, 2006
I want to change the colour and look something like this

So after that....

Engine Transplant.

Here are some info I gather from the net.

Toyota 4A-GE

If you're looking for high-revving POWER in your Minor then this must be one of the best available options. The engines come from the rear-wheel-drive versions of the Toyota Corolla range, ****** from about 1983 to about 1988. The engine fits surprisingly well into the Minor engine bay. It's almost exactly the same length as the Datsun 1200, maybe even a little shorter (the ancillaries like water pump and fan blades stick out less).

The 4A-GE puts out around 110bhp in standard form, so if you follow this path you should expect to have to change the rear axle, and obviously the brakes all 'round. The poor old Minor diff just wont take the power and the front drums are hopelessly inadequate for slowing a car rapidly down from a possible top speed of around 130mph/200kph !

Even MORE Power!
The Toyota MR2. Toyota's mass produced 'Sports' car. 1600cc Twin Cam. 130bhp in standard form. Plenty you say? Want more? SUPERCHARGE IT!

The 4A-GE is also available in Supercharged form, as in the 4A-GZE, as fitted to the MR2. Fit one of these babies into a Minor and you'll have one awesome piece of machinery! I have yet to see one in-the-steel, but I'm sure one can't be far away. The 4A-GZE puts out around 150-160bhp. These engines also perform well if converted to use 'Old-Style' carburetors. An Off-Roading friend of mine removed ALL of the electronics and fuel injection, made up a casting to accept a Holley 350 carburetor, fitted a smaller supercharger pulley and locked it in place so that it operates at all engine revs giving about 15 pounds boost at all times! Driving through a VW gearbox (the engine sits in the back of the Off-Roader) it dynoed at 160bhp AT THE WHEELS!

Fit a 'GZE to a standard-looking Minor and you have an awesome Sleeper!

The Datsun A-series Engine

Believe it or not, the Datsun 1200 is actually very closely related to the Austin/Morris A-series engine. The Datsun A10 engine was rated at around 1000cc and apart from superior manufacturing and machining processes, was in fact a clone of the good old 850 and 948cc engines of the late 1950's.

The Japanese, with their know-how of taking a good idea and making it great, transformed the ageing BMC lump into a fairly good performing, high(ish)-revving engine of 1170cc. This powered a range of Datsuns from the early 1200 series of cars through to the 120Y and Sunny family-cars.

When transplanted into the Minor, the slightly lighter body and the lower ratio differential results in a liveliness from the Datsun 1200/120Y engine that hadn't previously been seen in it's mid-size vehicle incarnation.

A Datsun-powered Morrie is a Morrie transformed; capable of cruising happily at 115kph/70mph all day, and even 170kph/105mph with little modification

Perdanalusuh

Aug 4, 2006
Thinking of putting toyota starlet 1.3cc supercharger or turbo into the morris... have to ask some sifu on this...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

It was a hectic end to 2010 for the boys from Norfolk with no less than five new models previewed at the Paris Motor Show and a new directionality in terms of their branding. So with 2011 finally upon us, it would appear that the hectic lifestyle will not be coming to a halt as the Lotus group saw three driver announcements, an international motorsport show, a 24 hours endurance race, the unveiling of...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience