Need step by step picture guide to replace Myvi2005 from front absorber mounting

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I would not use straps. The spring is a pretty solid and strong metallic item. Straps are threads sewn together. The likelihood of the strap snapping is high if worn out or poor quality.

But engineering perspective - yes this will work. It's cheaper to get the compressors though. Ratchet straps aren't exactly cheap either.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Look at the video properly, he is using the straps in addition to the spring compressor that could not completely compress the springs. so the straps are compressing only one ring of the springs.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

First off thank you in advance to those whom provide useful and creative impute to the project I'm working on.

For warning: This is not in the least the typical mod. project, purely aesthetic and not using any conventional mod kits or going for any kind of traditional theme. So this may not be of interest many of you.

Heres the deal. I bought a badly vandalized, somewhat weathered Saturn SL1 (compact 4 door sedan) for $500. All the mechanical workings and general running health of the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience