need help bout tacho

Sekigun

Known Member
Dec 17, 2005
i bought a tacho meter 5" from a friend,send it to a workshop to install it.da prob is,da tacho is for 4 cylinder but my car is 3.i dont mind bout it coz ill be changing to 4cylider soon.annddd...my shift light dosent blinks.only the small green on the tacho blink but not the small long round red light on the side of the tacho.is it becoz of the difrent cylinder or something had gone wrong with the light?its already being installed and all wirering are okay. coz my friend said even da cylinder are difrent it should lite up.so need help bout it coz i dont know a thing.thanks

frcgrey

Known Member
Jul 9, 2005
selangor
Sekigun said:
i bought a tacho meter 5" from a friend,send it to a workshop to install it.da prob is,da tacho is for 4 cylinder but my car is 3.i dont mind bout it coz ill be changing to 4cylider soon.annddd...my shift light dosent blinks.only the small green on the tacho blink but not the small long round red light on the side of the tacho.is it becoz of the difrent cylinder or something had gone wrong with the light?its already being installed and all wirering are okay. coz my friend said even da cylinder are difrent it should lite up.so need help bout it coz i dont know a thing.thanks
eh bro,
the wiring got problem la...couldn't be the wiring is okay but the light can't be lighten up...!! how many cylinder is doesn't matter.just double check your wire are in the right position...
i think the shift light wire is connect to the wrong position...
send it to accessories shop to ask those wireman.
good luck...!!

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
i also bought a tacho light+shift. the problem is the light can turn on, but the rpm needle and shift light wont turn on. some said need to connect the green cable to ecu. how?

alex_wky

Mar 25, 2005
Sekigun,
I'm assuming that you have the generic Auto Gauge tachometer which comes with 3 wires, red, balck and green. The other two wire that comes with adapter (black and yellow) are meant for the external shiftlight (long one)

To check if your external shiftlight is working, take it out, and put the black wire to -ve and the yellow on +ve of any 12v source. (directly on the car battery also can, but makesure car is not running) It should light up. If it doesn't, then the external shiftlight is fauly. if it's working, then it's some internal wiring in the tachometer that's faulty. I've never open and take a look at the insides of a tachometer before so that's as much help as I can give.

K_Takuya
I didn't wire the green wire to ECU or choke point but tap it straight from my existing tachometer in the dashboard.

Andres

Known Member
Jun 2, 2005
Penang
brother, as i know the back tachometer will have a switch to switch ur cylinder. LIke mine 1 auto gauge with shift light, the back i can set to 3, 4 ,6 cylinder. U better check it properly. This is because i heard before if we put wrong cylinder measurement, the tachometer will be kong faster. The shift light is connect to the inside tacho meter wat. I have try before not connect to the engine, juz connect the meter to the baterry, the light can be on, and also i can set the shift light. The green cable is not connect to the ECU. got 3 cable right, if i m not mistaken, 1 is positive of the battery, and 1 is negative of the battery, and another 1 is for the ignition cable. i know this is because i also DIY my tacho meter before, i buy and fix it myself, ofcoz fixing time will have some problem, like fuse burn if not carefully working... JUz good luck to U. If u wan the diagram of installation juz pm me.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i have some information from turbo sifus out there.

1. i need some explanation for turbo different of cars like ford ranger, toyota hilux and other with cars like evos,skyline gtr and others.......
2. can sifu here explain me about the different......
3. i also would like to know how strong does the turbo for that twin cabin compare to those powerful cars........which one is stronger/powerful?
4. can the turbo in twin cabin be as powerful as those evos car?
5. if i want to make the turbo...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience