Need advice or sharing on fuel regulator

saru04

Jan 2, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Hi ZTH,

First of all, I'm driving a Proton Gen 2 Campro IAFM 1.6 Auto.

I recently installed an Arospeed fuel regulator.

I am wondering what is the best setting in order to have better acceleration / pick-up?

I was told that it depends but I would like to hear from experiences, settings and opinions of others.

I did ask around for advice by I did not get much feedback. Therefore I decided to start a thread on it to get more feedback and opinions.

Please do help me as I am very confused with the settings. There are friends who ask me to set it at 3.6 or 3.7 and some say 4.1 or 4.2. :hmmmm:

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
Do the try and error method.. you need to find the best setting for your own car and driving style. Increase the pressure little by little and test drive (accelerate, top speed etc). Before that please make sure whats the maximum pressure it can handle.

Good luck :)

saru04

Jan 2, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
The thing is some of my friends been telling me to set the following:

1) 3.6 - 3.7 PSI meter
2) 4.0 - 4.2 (not sure in what unit)
3) 4.0 - 5.0 (not sure in what unit)

and my car is currently set in 5.2 PSI.

Many told me that the setting is way too high.

J Neo

Oct 17, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I believe your setting is 5.2 bar not psi. :biggrin: 5.2 bar is too high. Your fuel pump will go kaput in no time.. happen to me twice. Fiy i also use fuel regulator in my campro engine. For standard campro fuel pump, 3.6 to 3.7 bar with vacum hose disconnect is all it can handle.:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi to all..

confuse here:hmmmm:..can anyone help me..my mechanic dun know how to connect the item in pict cause he forget after dismantle it from halfcut..my halfcut 1JZ Gt jza 70 supra..

top pipe go to where?and bottom pipe go to where..

thanks...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience