Need advice : Car spray

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
UR bars why ask me? I don't sell UR bars. In fact I don't sell anything. Haha!

But if you ask me get the front tower strut, rear ARB, front ARB and room bar. Costs vary between cars so find a reputable seller and buy from them like EA Autoworks.

As for changing colour, I'd seriously advise against it. But since your car is stock it's probably ok. JPJ will require an inspection to change colour and that's a pain in the ass to do since you have tint. Unless you don't plan on selling the car, then changing colour won't be a problem (the car registration card is the one that states what colour your car is). Or perhaps you could go for a different shade of the same colour. I went from light green to dark green. The reg card said "green" so technically there's no problem.

zack.my

Jul 10, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Hey bro thanks for your input. I'm in Sungai Buloh area. Office is in Jln Ipoh-Batu Caves roundabout area. I really don't mind sending it to anywhere in PJ area but preferably somewhere close and does a good paint job. My paint is actually still good but I just feel like I want a new colour. Plus there are a couple of small dents that i will need to knock back. Mainly I'm spraying because I want a new colour not because its damaged or anything.
most welcome bro..
i think my place too far for u mate...seri kembangan area..:creep:
but seriously workmanship and finishing job very nice and they use good lacquer.
and most important thing affordable price tang suite your budget..

skanman2

Jun 28, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
how can you tell whats a good lacquer and whats not ?

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:15 PM ----------

UR bars why ask me? I don't sell UR bars. In fact I don't sell anything. Haha!

But if you ask me get the front tower strut, rear ARB, front ARB and room bar. Costs vary between cars so find a reputable seller and buy from them like EA Autoworks.

As for changing colour, I'd seriously advise against it. But since your car is stock it's probably ok. JPJ will require an inspection to change colour and that's a pain in the ass to do since you have tint. Unless you don't plan on selling the car, then changing colour won't be a problem (the car registration card is the one that states what colour your car is). Or perhaps you could go for a different shade of the same colour. I went from light green to dark green. The reg card said "green" so technically there's no problem.
Thanks for the advice dude. I was planning to get it updated anyway (but unaware of how difficult it is,inspection etc). My tints are legal but I think they are enforcing a new tinting regulations soon.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
depending on the price that differentiates the good & cheap laquer.

if not mistaken JPJ already enforced the tinting regulations, side & rear 75% VLT front 30% VLT if not mistaken

2,000 RPM
Feb 10, 2005
ah seng quoted me 10k to remove old paint, da fuq? but only 1.5k to change outside colour

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
depending on the price that differentiates the good & cheap laquer.

if not mistaken JPJ already enforced the tinting regulations, side & rear 75% VLT front 30% VLT if not mistaken
Side and rear 75%? Present is 50% so it went upwards instead?:confused::biggrin:
Front 30% will be good.....hahahhahhaa:rofl:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
Side and rear 75%? Present is 50% so it went upwards instead?:confused::biggrin:
Front 30% will be good.....hahahhahhaa:rofl:
sorry it should be VLT 30%, meaning we can have dark tint up to 70% am I right.?
memory abit slow during puasa month :rofl:

---------- Post added at 11:29 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:28 PM ----------

ah seng quoted me 10k to remove old paint, da fuq? but only 1.5k to change outside colour
a shop next to my mechanic quoted me rm3-4k to remove paint & spray inside & outside of my kancil....

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
sorry it should be VLT 30%, meaning we can have dark tint up to 70% am I right.?
memory abit slow during puasa month :rofl:

---------- Post added at 11:29 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:28 PM ----------

a shop next to my mechanic quoted me rm3-4k to remove paint & spray inside & outside of my kancil....
Yup, VLT is Visible Light Transmission, so VLT 30% is 70% darkness. Actually still awaiting JPJ confirmation. I just went to redo one of my 1/4 window tint got bubble and I ask the shop. They say still not confirm yet.

Actually 3 to 4k can get good lacquer spray job, but to strip completely I don't think so as a lot of process to remove, sand down, prime, undercoat and so on...:banghead:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
most welcome bro..
i think my place too far for u mate...seri kembangan area..:creep:
but seriously workmanship and finishing job very nice and they use good lacquer.
and most important thing affordable price tang suite your budget..
If price is good, quality is there, for me far a bit I don't mind too. Not until going to Ipoh will do. Unless is worth doing so.

Ask the painter what lacquer they use lor and what they are charging you for.
Ya ya, some offer cheap cheap price but use some cap ayam lacquer really a waste of money few years down the road, really will :banghead:

Yup, VLT is Visible Light Transmission, so VLT 30% is 70% darkness. Actually still awaiting JPJ confirmation. I just went to redo one of my 1/4 window tint got bubble and I ask the shop. They say still not confirm yet.

Actually 3 to 4k can get good lacquer spray job, but to strip completely I don't think so as a lot of process to remove, sand down, prime, undercoat and so on...:banghead:
Ya price around 3K-RM4K. Some include interior as in visible parts only. Like door edge and pillars and engine bay at the edge.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,im new here,just wana.ask what the heck problem with my satria neo recently,it takes a long time to start and
When it ll start,petroleum can be smelled around the rear part of the vehicle,it takes more than 6 hours to cool down
dang!and ya,is it safe if i put my campro 1.6 a bot Turbo? And how many hp?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience