Myvi 1.5 se with original suspension stiff ride

ericartman

Dec 31, 2005
coil buffers are supposed to help sagging springs la, not to soften them.

ericartman : How much do you travel? Perhaps your absorbers is worn out. Trust me on this - nothing is more comfortable than stock. Changing to any of those springs you highlighted will make your ride even more stiffer. Stock is the softest you can get. It's most likely your spring and/or absorber is worn out so check for oil leaks on your absorbers. Kayaba is the OEM manufacturer so buy back the same Kayabas. You can probably try to opt for Monroe Reflex absorbers paired with stock springs too.

YYC : 1.3 will fit in the 1.5 car meh? Wouldn't the front dive since the engine is bigger/heavier?
I bought the car almost 1 year only and still less than 17k km.
Dont think its worn out because its like that since first time and same with other myvi 1.5s
The reason on why going for adjustable is because there is an option for not only hi low, also soft hard.
If the softest option on adjustable is more comfortable than my current standard, I'll consider getting full adjustable.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
1.3 suspension would be good enough and comfortable enough...change too soft later complain car like sampan...
Hate my stock absorbers...

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
You dont plan to change yours? Cause I started to feel uncomfortable, I dont drive fast that often.

There was a time that i drove to penang from KL through NKVE which shows the stiff ride advantage, the car felt tremendously stable at straight line. But dont do it quite often, prefer comfort normal daily ride.
I had already changed the stock suspension to KYB RS Pro and I'm pretty happy with it. Compared to other adjustable shocks, KYB Rs Pro is comfortable. Handling has improved a lot. But if I were to compare the comfort using KYB and stock, I would say stock. KYB is a little bit stiffer - i dont know, maybe also due to the lowered ride. No adjustable shocks is more comfortable than stocks (my experience).

Suggest you get a ride in Myvi 1.3 and if you're comfortable with its suspension, then look for it. But before changing the whole suspension, maybe you would like to find out what's the difference between 1.5 and 1.3 suspension to avoid any unecessary spending.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
YYC : 1.3 will fit in the 1.5 car meh? Wouldn't the front dive since the engine is bigger/heavier?
Is the 1.5 engine bigger? Either bigger bore or longer stroke only. They would have kept same engine to reduce cost.... my 2 sens

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I bought the car almost 1 year only and still less than 17k km.
Dont think its worn out because its like that since first time and same with other myvi 1.5s
The reason on why going for adjustable is because there is an option for not only hi low, also soft hard.
If the softest option on adjustable is more comfortable than my current standard, I'll consider getting full adjustable.
Believe you me, hi/lo/soft/hard even on its mildest settings and softest springs will not be comfortable in comparison.

But now to come to think of it, comfort is relative. My bone jarring might be your 'just nice' and vice versa.

Best you just find folks with adjustables and ask to test drive their cars.

Is the 1.5 engine bigger? Either bigger bore or longer stroke only. They would have kept same engine to reduce cost.... my 2 sens
But I doubt the engine is much bigger? (in size that is)
Not the same engine model la. Size wise the 1.5 one is slightly taller than the 1.3 so my guess is it's probably bigger to some extent and heavier. Folks have tried transplanting the Avanza dunno-what-code engine into a Myvi 2004 and the hood had to be modified to close it. But I heard that the Avanza had a batch of K3VE engines which were turbo friendly so that become a highly sought after engine after a while.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Not the same engine model la. Size wise the 1.5 one is slightly taller than the 1.3 so my guess is it's probably bigger to some extent and heavier. Folks have tried transplanting the Avanza dunno-what-code engine into a Myvi 2004 and the hood had to be modified to close it. But I heard that the Avanza had a batch of K3VE engines which were turbo friendly so that become a highly sought after engine after a while.
Thanks for the info.....:adore:

I only know the brake caliper is slightly bigger.....:biggrin:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I had already changed the stock suspension to KYB RS Pro and I'm pretty happy with it. Compared to other adjustable shocks, KYB Rs Pro is comfortable. Handling has improved a lot. But if I were to compare the comfort using KYB and stock, I would say stock. KYB is a little bit stiffer - i dont know, maybe also due to the lowered ride. No adjustable shocks is more comfortable than stocks (my experience).

Suggest you get a ride in Myvi 1.3 and if you're comfortable with its suspension, then look for it. But before changing the whole suspension, maybe you would like to find out what's the difference between 1.5 and 1.3 suspension to avoid any unecessary spending.
Eh KYB RS Pro, possible to have ride height similar to stock? For the Myvi that is. And how is your set? Koyak belum?

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Eh KYB RS Pro, possible to have ride height similar to stock? For the Myvi that is. And how is your set? Koyak belum?
wah stock height? Im not sure coz I have not tried that before. Now my ride height is 2.8 fingers front and 3.5 fingers rear and there is still much room to increase the height. But why u wana make it same with stock?

I have just had it serviced recently at naga motorsport for RM820 (yes, kinda exp) all four. One at the rear was leaking badly after around 2 years of usage but I didn't change it hahha...I changed all four after using it for 4 years (since 2013).

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
wah stock height? Im not sure coz I have not tried that before. Now my ride height is 2.8 fingers front and 3.5 fingers rear and there is still much room to increase the height. But why u wana make it same with stock?

I have just had it serviced recently at naga motorsport for RM820 (yes, kinda exp) all four. One at the rear was leaking badly after around 2 years of usage but I didn't change it hahha...I changed all four after using it for 4 years (since 2013).
ground clearance...cause of gay parking ramps...

RM820 to "service"? That's more expensive than a brand new set of KYB Excel-G (OEM spec) @ ~RM370. And for that price of servicing, makes F TUNED service looks like a bargain..since PRO RS service is just swapping the cartridge and not rebuilding it.

My first set of SACHS lasted me almost 3 years.. 2nd set..14 months give or take leak like mofo in the rear and the front isn't damping anymore. I wonder if the quality went down hill.

Shit, looks like the more economical choice is still OEM replacement. Not sure if I want to risk SACHS again with its gay life span, or go with KYB OEM which is bumpy.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
ground clearance...cause of gay parking ramps...

RM820 to "service"? That's more expensive than a brand new set of KYB Excel-G (OEM spec) @ ~RM370. And for that price of servicing, makes F TUNED service looks like a bargain..since PRO RS service is just swapping the cartridge and not rebuilding it.

My first set of SACHS lasted me almost 3 years.. 2nd set..14 months give or take leak like mofo in the rear and the front isn't damping anymore. I wonder if the quality went down hill.

Shit, looks like the more economical choice is still OEM replacement. Not sure if I want to risk SACHS again with its gay life span, or go with KYB OEM which is bumpy.
Yes it is expensive but still cant compare to FTUNED la dude...almost 4k for a set. The good thing about KYB is the comfort level. It is really comfortable if compared to many other adjustables. Most of my friends and family didn't notice that I have changed to adjustables. That's one of the reason why I spent that freaking RM820 to service all four. Initially I thought of using Proride at the rear but dropped the idea eventually. You may try Proride. I have heard good reviews about them.

You are using eibach springs aren't u?

drummydrew

Known Member
Dec 7, 2015
Petaling Jaya
hi bro ixeo, care to share a little bit more on the services done by Ftuned and PRS? what procedures should i be looking into? im currently riding on GAB SS, considering to either have them serviced, OR hang on awhile longer for a new set of hilosofthard. :hmmmm: helppppp

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
hi bro ixeo, care to share a little bit more on the services done by Ftuned and PRS? what procedures should i be looking into? im currently riding on GAB SS, considering to either have them serviced, OR hang on awhile longer for a new set of hilosofthard. :hmmmm: helppppp
I'm seriously out of touch. Isn't the GAB SS already HLSH? :hmmmm: Servicing is cheaper than buying new. Unless you gatal just service only la.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Here is the sixth generation of the Volkswagen Golf, known as the <b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b>Rabbit in US, was caught when being tested in the desert, California. It's wearing only light disguise, as befits a car that will be seen at a motor...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience