My Snail Rebuild Integra DB8

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Since i got this car, i planned to rebuild it to my likings. Now, since I am getting my car a new coat of paint, i thought it would be nice if I had the process posted here. Would appreciate feedbacks, comments etc. Let me thank you all for helping me in choosing the colour in the first place.

Well, I'll start with the extirior. I am not getting the Milano Red which I first liked nor will I be going with the famous, popular Spoon Yellow for my car. I decided to go with a clean Crystal White with a Cosmos Black roof.

Work is still in progress but very slow. I told the paint guy to take his time and deliver a good job. Hope that's what he's doing.

Here are some pics taken on 9/9/11.

Patches everywhere
[/IMG]

Roof

Side view
[/IMG]

Hood
[/IMG]

Today, I went again to snap a few more pics. Here they are:

All nice and smooth. Guess they have sandpapered.

Rear view
[/IMG]

Roof
[/IMG]

Bonnet
[/IMG]

Side view
[/IMG]

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
I was told that the car will be primer-ed tomorrow i think. Didn't quite understood what that guy said.

Guys, I opened this thread to get some views from u as well. About the 2 tone thing, I like the idea of the roof being black. In your opinion, should i use black anywhere else? I guess just as it is would be best? What u think?

Another thing would be my rims. What colour should i go for? I am currently using this Advan Racing RG.
[/IMG]

What colour should I go for? These wheels came in 3 colours if i am not wrong. Gold, white and silver. I personally like gunmetal but i cant imagine if it would look nice for these rims since it has the blue ADVAN Racing printing on it? Plus its not an original colour. Has its own pro's and con's. Con is gunmetal takes away the authenticity of this wheel. Pro is it would be less likely to be stolen. Anyway, since its not an ori colour, i thought of going with silver. What say u? White car with silver rims? Gold is also not a bad choice actually. I'm confused :confused:.

Help me out ppl.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
black roof, hood and boot....and also side mirrors...

rims...orange or takata green :D

yes, i have a tendency to like these "odd" colours hahahahha

Last edited:

cRazYee

Known Member
Oct 7, 2005
just curious asking, why don't you deal with engine stuff first before do painting?

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
Hmm, a set of 17" matte black advan rz or black color ssr type F would look superb with the white paint..

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Forgot to mention, the side mirrors will also be black but only part of it. Not the whole thing.
Bout the hood and trunk, i initially wanted to go for black as well. Then, I changed my mind about it. I would prefer to have the CF hood and trunk. Thanks bro for ur view.

Last edited:

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
who dowan real cf hood and trunk, the prob is not everyone can afford it thus had to paint it black..

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
crazyee, i was planning that actually but recently i met with a minor accident and therefore, decided to paint it once and for all. otherwise, i will have to fork out with more money to touch up now, and then repaint the whole car later on. i just have to tell my mechanics to be extra careful when working on the engine.

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

ehdrian, no money to change rims la. summore i just change tyres. haha.

---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

who dowan real cf hood and trunk, the prob is not everyone can afford it thus had to paint it black..
exactly.... haha. old men, dont see it that way i think.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
just noticed ur caliper is blue... so rims.. magnesium blue :D

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
damn, just googled it. that mag blue is damn bloody nice. thanks bro. but dunno the shop guy has it or not. haha. i have not heard of it until now. in that case, i should get my caliper sprayed that colour as well right?

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
caliper no need la... it takes alot of heat n dust and people usually dont wash caliper......itll end up bad later...

rims not so bad...not as hot and people wash rims :D

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
what do u think about the blue printing on the rims? what to do with that?

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
get rid of them...just leave the rims blank

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
updates updates

car has been primer-ed and sanded bout 20%. once fully sanded what's usually next? i really cant understand what my paint guy talks.

oh ya, pics will be in tomorrow. will keep y'all posted.

madman, my paint guy also suggested a grey blueish colour for the rims. but i dont know if it was magnesium blue that was in his mind. he mentioned its a new colour for rims. i also have gunmetal or silver in mind. i prefer a clean, low profile look.

any other suggestions ppl?

now, i also need ur opinions on the spoiler. i have the itr spoiler now. but am deciding if i should take it off? some db8 without the spoiler looks great too. :confused:

anyway, its still being decided. what bout the colour? should i do Cosmic Black for the spoiler as well or leave it the same as the rest or shall i make it 2 tones as well. u know nowadays, got some spoilers using 2 colours, the stand one colour and the wing another colour? can u picture it/seen it?

common guys, hope to hear more from u ppl. i have difficulties to imagine. so, other suggestions r much appreciated.

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
as promised here are the pics taken yesterday, 13/9/11. coming nice and smooth huh? haha. kinda regret telling that guy to take his time, just cant wait to see the finished product. lol

as u can see the car has been primer-ed. It has been also partially sanded though its not visible in the pics.

here it is:

side view

[/IMG]

bonnet - only half has been sanded, not visible rite?
[/IMG]

rear view
[/IMG]

another side view
[/IMG]

guys, any idea what is supposed to be done next? i need to know cuz i wanna go take more pics. i dont want to have a completed car when i go next. haha.

comments thus far is appreciated. keep it coming. thank u all.

Last edited:

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
Forgot to mention, the side mirrors will also be black but only part of it. Not the whole thing.
Bout the hood and trunk, i initially wanted to go for black as well. Then, I changed my mind about it. I would prefer to have the CF hood and trunk. Thanks bro for ur view. V both have the same taste but u guys really wanna know what changed my mind? My dad. But before that I apologise if in anyway my dad or i hurt anyone. Well, he said ppl who got no money only paint the hood and trunk black. They want ppl to think that its CF from far. What he said, even i felt it. I was like... gimme some money to change to CF la. But what to do, he's my old man has always been there to give me his ideas for my builds including my old Accord. So, had to respect what he said since I also felt its quite true.

No offense ppl. Dont kutuk my dad. Haha. Take it possitively.
Your dad and I share the same thought ler.. I really don't understand why people paint their hood in black. Just following what others did or what.. If it's really carbon fibre hood that's a different story. :biggrin:

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak

cRazYee

Known Member
Oct 7, 2005
if you're going for GT style bodykit, then your rim can go for fancy colour, like your magnesium blue

if not, it will looks very odd

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Happy Malaysia Day!! Haha. Well, just came back from the paint shop. a few more pics. but will post it latest by tom. well, all i can say is that the car is ready to be sprayed. it was going to be sprayed black for the roof but i couldnt wait. Had to rush somewhere else. Tomorrow the whole car will be sprayed. Hehe. so excited. Lol...

Your dad and I share the same thought ler.. I really don't understand why people paint their hood in black. Just following what others did or what.. If it's really carbon fibre hood that's a different story. :biggrin:
Yeah, what he said makes sense but then again, not everyone got money to change to CF parts. My mom and dad are my heroes. They know i waste a lot of money on cars but they still support me. not to forget my wife who has always been tolerating with my nonsense.

coming from wide rims, dont u feel like u need to fender out the car?

haha, its good to see another guy keen to do resto work. im doing the same for my honda and nissan, check it out!
Kevin, nice to see u dropping by at this thread. No need to promote ur restoration project here la. Its the best and most popular ones in zth. Lol... Mine is just a small project only. Plus its gonna take a really long long time to fully rebuild this car cuz of budget constraints.

This is actually my second project. I fully rebuilt (not engine, love the old A series engines too) my old 82 Accord bout 2 years back. I got the pics somewhere. Need to look for it if anyone's interested in it. That i have loads of pics and took me 4 and half months to complete it. A lot of rust and all. But sad to say that, the rust came back now. :banghead::banghead:

Anyway, anyway, coming back to this topic. I like ur idea of doing the fender out thing but i'm not too sure bout it la. Why u say i mine is wide rims? sorry la, me not much knowledge on cars, but lotsa love for them.
if you're going for GT style bodykit, then your rim can go for fancy colour, like your magnesium blue

if not, it will looks very odd
Crayzee, I thought mag blue isn't that striking anyway. Maybe cuz i saw it on the computer. Real life maybe looks different. I'm trying to go for a darker shade for 2 reasons. 1st,white car with dark rims look good. 2nd reason is too much of brake dust on my rims. It's white currently and i m tired of cleaning them. every 2 days wash rim. Not willing to do that anymore.

So what colour would u suggest? My paint guy also suggests darker shade. I need an answer by today or latest tom morning cuz i need to confirm tomorrow afternoon. pls post some pics if u r kind enough, ppl. Picture speaks a thousand words. Not that i'm lazy to search its just that i might get the wrong pic than the one u meant. thats all.

so guys, pls help me out with the colour. having sleepless nights recently. 1st deciding the colour, then bout how to do the 2 tone, now the rims. would appreciate ur opinions greatly. many thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi ! I replaced brake pads and disc rotor for my car recently and I am gonna do a simple write up bout it here. I know that there are already threads similar to this, but well, the more the merrier isn't it.

1. These are the new brake pads and rotors that I put in. The rotor to be replaced was OEM but I was already using Trestor Advantage.

2. Yes you would...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience