my PERDANA consump more fuel

brock

Oct 7, 2010
Penang
i have an old but beloved perdana SEi 1996. my car is 100% standard condition. my average fuel consumption is 13km/liter at highway and 10km/liter on city ride.. recently i carry out normal servicing on my car. changing the engine oil (i use TOTAL), oil filter and air filter.

then i left my car for a week at home because i have to travel oversea for a week. but later when i come back, drive my car i realize that my car use more fuel than it does before. now, for highway ride, average fuel consumption at 10km/liter and sometime less. for a city ride the worst will be 5km/liter (that will be RM2 for 5km ride. wtf?)

i suspected the air filter is the culprit because i use the cheapest filter i can get (RM20). i have check all ignition coil and everything regarding ignition and there is no problem at all because everything is OK since the minor servicing i have done earlier..

any recommendation guys?

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
yep. maybe need to tune back ur car.
and maybe get new oil filter and air filter.
for the air filter, u can try taking it out and drive some kms and see if there are any difference.

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
did u disconnected the batter while letting the car lepak in the garage ke?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi, guys out there! Recently I heard that there is a type of product-D carbo which cleanses carbon in carburator. It is available in west Malaysia but I wonder is it available in Kuching. 1 bottle for RM50. Anyone of you know where can I buy D carbo in Kuching? Thanks ya!!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience