My cedia convert evo7

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
What is the color of your choice? Original silver? By the way, you need to get the seats and door panels too. DOn't forget the center console. :)

Lancer CS

Apr 9, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
What is the color of your choice? Original silver? By the way, you need to get the seats and door panels too. DOn't forget the center console. :)
Yellow metallic. I have already boss.. Already install. Inside my car complete e7. Console.. Rear front recaro e7 seat. Meter stereng door trim. Scuffplate all.. Hehehe

Last edited:

p3jal

1,000 RPM
Jan 20, 2007
Selangor
fast post the pic.. =) love to see it :love:

didie

Known Member
Feb 19, 2006
like how you did the rear wide body without removing the old skin.so no potong body at all.cant wait to see the finish product.
Hi, I have the same curious question too. Is it the fender just welded on top of the original skin? BTW, mad project! Respect!

evo69

Jun 27, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi, I have the same curious question too. Is it the fender just welded on top of the original skin? BTW, mad project! Respect!
I think it's similar process when wira become evo3.they cut the skin and then paste with evo3 skin.But for wira become evo3 rear is totally illegal.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Change of brand is totally illegal (Proton to Mitsubishi). Change of engine from different brand is also illegal eg. Saga with B16A. But change of model from same brand, I guess no problem but JPJ has guidelines.

evo69

Jun 27, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Change of brand is totally illegal (Proton to Mitsubishi). Change of engine from different brand is also illegal eg. Saga with B16A. But change of model from same brand, I guess no problem but JPJ has guidelines.
Change of engine from different brand still can proceed but you must facing so many procedure to do it.Last time I have helped my father to convert his hyundai trajet to mitsubishi airtrek turbo include tiptronic gearbox.

But for bodyworks approval I don't have any idea.

For me I think better if you want to fully convert to evo7, you follow exactly like Kancil become Mira procedure because you can easier to pass no need to face so many regulation.

1) Convert the engine and gearbox first.
2)going to inspection
3)convert bodykit

just my 2 cents opinion.:driver:

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
evo69, Hyundai with Airtrek engine, can 'legally' be done? I mean, did you go backdoors to have it processed?

evo69

Jun 27, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
evo69, Hyundai with Airtrek engine, can 'legally' be done? I mean, did you go backdoors to have it processed?
I give you exactly procedure

1) go to puspakom afterthat get letter fail
2)send letter to bahagian kejuruteraan jpj.
3)after get letter you must take your car to profesional engineer to inspect.
4)after got letter you take your car to puspakom again
5)after lulus puspakom then bring your grants letter to chop your already change engine.

FYI,
Not much changing for hyundai trajet to put mitsubishi airtrek turbo engine because hyundai use mitsubishi technology for their cars.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
thanks for the reply...

Side note, just curious for your dad's car. Was it better and more drivable?

evo69

Jun 27, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
thanks for the reply...

Side note, just curious for your dad's car. Was it better and more drivable?
Better performance and handling because cruising at rpm2000,speedometer at 120km/h.Pickup as you know turbo kick.suspension already did custom at seri kembangan.So far all ok including 5 speed tiptronic.but he only complain about RON97 much expensive than RON 95.heheheheh.I have attached humble trajet for you

Attachments

evo69

Jun 27, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Very cun......I like.....:love:

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

Should b ok to use ron95 ma...
Really meh.I heard evo and airtrek turbo cannot use RON95 because each engine got knock sensor.
I have tried before my evo6 exaust blow black colour dust like diesel 70's school bus and 1 more things i feels no turbo power kick.:bawling:

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
If your half cut comes from Japan, I think you can't use 95. If your engine is local version of airtrek from USF, you can but you need to stick to stock boost. If you're running high boost, then you must use 97.

Alternatively, spent 600 bucks to remap your fuel setting to run 95 but bear in mind, you'll loose power for sure.

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
I'm using ron95 + octane booster for my E7... So far so good... I believe even pump ron95 alone oso no issue...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

recently juz plonked in a gsr rs.according to my friends if it is a gsr rs the intercooler, turbine and injector are evo 1 is it true??mine its only the i/c which is vr4-rs thats all....anyway is there anything such as gsr rs???damm disappointed n bought it for RM7000..!!!!!!!!!!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience