Questions about Cedia

Apr 19, 2010
auckland
Hi guys,

I am looking at cedia 2002 MX-E model(1500cc) which has GDI with CVT and probably 4wd?

I've been searching on the internet about the model and some people said

The GDi engine has some issues. Is that much serious? and hard to maintain?

what about the fuel economy?

BIG thanks.

lancer7891

1,000 RPM
Nov 12, 2006
Hi guys,

I am looking at cedia 2002 MX-E model(1500cc) which has GDI with CVT and probably 4wd?

I've been searching on the internet about the model and some people said

The GDi engine has some issues. Is that much serious? and hard to maintain?

what about the fuel economy?

BIG thanks.
Yo Bro takeless,

I own a Cedia year 2001 thats come with 1500cc GDI engine & CVT Auto Transmission but not 4wd. Its hard to get the 4wd model here in Malaysia but as i know, the Cedia 1800cc GDI Turbo has a 4wd.:proud:

Comment on the GDI engine for 1500cc, overall the engine was ok, very fuel economic and less problems except the motorised throttle body (2 years, 3 times kong). Regarding the power, i think for family ride, its enough but not for the Petrol Head type of guy..hahahaha:rofl: :rofl:..
I saw a few Teksi Waja convert the engine to 1.8 GDI and they have a problem on the timing and car cannot start..Dunno lah what is the major problem..hehehe:hmmmm:

For me, honestly my Cedia has not enough power to overtake / chase waja even it is twin cam engine (i think its because of the GDI lah..hehehe)..I decided to change the engine to MIVEC CK and with Manual Transmission..After conversion, still got minor headache but slow2 will settle it up..the most important is that now my bro in law can chase kancil turbo lah..hehehehehe:driver: :driver:

This is only my point of view..not good in technical but sharing is caring..hahaha.. :adore::adore:

King