~Motor Insurance Corner~ Anything & Everything About It !

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
If anyone wants to buy motor insurance without the hassle, then go straight to the insurance company counter.

If you go through agents, they will tell you all sorts of stories,

eg 1) your car is on decline list, so need loading 15%....

2) your car exceed certain years, need loading,

3) insurance company do not want to accept your risk unless you buy certain amount of PA

4) windscreen and PA is compulsory

5) your sum insured is below market value, you need to insure additional 10K or so....

Last week I went straight to insurance company counter, evade all the gedebak gedebook the agent added on...

And....

To my surprise!

I got additional 10% premium rebate on the total premium!

Service was good, just got to wait for my turn in the numbering Q system, about 15 mins-20 mins, its done !
:flute:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
If anyone wants to buy motor insurance without the hassle, then go straight to the insurance company counter.

3) insurance company do not want to accept your risk unless you buy certain amount of PA

5) your sum insured is below market value, you need to insure additional 10K or so....

Last week I went straight to insurance company counter, evade all the gedebak gedebook the agent added on...

And....

To my surprise!

Service was good, just got to wait for my turn in the numbering Q system, about 15 mins-20 mins, its done !
I buy direct also, but my old car still got loading.....:banghead::banghead:

Maxx

2,000 RPM
Feb 17, 2005
PD-Putrajaya-KL
www.zerotohundred.com

And....

To my surprise!

iinm, if go directly to insurance company can get 10% discount. :idea:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yes, only certain company not all companies though....
I think all, if not most.....

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

oh.. ic..
do u know which exact company provide the 10% if walk-in?
Ask your current one. Are you buying through agent now?

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong
What is the meaning by "loading" and charge that everybody talk about? Please enlighten me.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
What is the meaning by "loading" and charge that everybody talk about? Please enlighten me.
Old car after 10 years or 15 years depending on the insurance company will load your premium.
My car is 20 years old so they load 20% over my premium.....:banghead:

ExceL

1,500 RPM
Jan 6, 2004
Ampang/KL
Visit site

And....

To my surprise!

Actually, depending on your agent & the company he/she is representing. You will positively get a better chance at a waiver of the loading rate compared if your a walk-in customer. Agents not only bring in motor business ;) .Certain insurers have a strict "decline risk" while others might not.

Lonpac Insurance gives a 10% discount for walk-in customers.

But beware of insurers who cover your ride without loading/additional PA coverage. In the event of a claim, they will work at a snails pace, or not bother if you have complaint after the repairs are done with inferior parts/workmanship.

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Lonpac, AIG, Zurich, Tokio Marine, Sumitomo, are good names in this industry, super excellent paymaster !

Workshop seeing you having these insurers will be more than glad to do your car.....

Anyone got any other companies which are super good in paying claims promptly?

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
Could anyone explain what is the rational for premium-louding an old car? I know it is an old car. But why? Old car is riskier presumption? Does that mean most accidents happen involving old car more than 10 years old? :thefinger:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Could anyone explain what is the rational for premium-louding an old car? I know it is an old car. But why? Old car is riskier presumption? Does that mean most accidents happen involving old car more than 10 years old? :thefinger:
Something like that.....

ExceL

1,500 RPM
Jan 6, 2004
Ampang/KL
Visit site
Old & outdated mentality, companies run by old farts who just wants to keep pocketing the profits :listen: while complaining motor insurance business is a losing business :thefinger: .

Infact, older cars are probably less prone to accidents because the owners have a passion for it, takes better care of it.. inturn becomes a better driver because of our passion for our cars. How many accidents are caused by driver error compared to malfunctioning vehicles (which, if any, caused by neglect by the owners themselves)

I did a simple survey at my office, asking those who have bought new car within the last 2 years; if they even know how to change a flat tire; the answer..a unsurprising NO. Some even said they have NEVER seen the spare tire :banghead:

Of course, I am not concluding all new drivers are dumb.. :smokin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

my 4g61T exhaust manifold seems to have crack. and the crack is getting the bigger and bigger, is it safe for me to just weld the crack back?

the crack took place at the same place that has been welded.

are there any after market products for mirage's exhaust manifold?
i stumbled upon a few mirage that uses the banana manifold. those were custom made right?
need advise from friends here.......tq..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience