17year old cars..which insurance better...

EJ6SO4

Known Member
May 29, 2005
Kedah, Malaysia
hi guys...want to ask which insurance better since mine will expire soon..currently using etiqa but found so many complain against old car during claiming if accident...any recommendation for the with better claim since the price more a less the same...after sales service that counts..

thanks guys..

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
most of the insurance company have excess loading charges.
if u find one without it will be good.
right now bank negara has imposed RM12k min amount insured for ol' cars, my kancil 17years also after ncd 55% has to pay RM336 (etiqa) include roadtax via agent, that amount also include 15% loading (extra amount after ncd), right now i'm thinking just to get 3rd party insurance but a lot told me yes it's cheap but if anything happens maybe we'll have to crank out more than we pay for ins& the difference is not that of a gap u can satisfy wit, i'm also in dilema 2:bawling::hmmmm:

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
TS, I'm also gonna renew my road tax soon. Thanks for starting this thread. My car is about the same age as yours.

May I know uf u guys know any insurance company that can cover windscreen without seeing whether the windscreen is cracked or not? Mine is cracked already. Thanks.

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
TS, I'm also gonna renew my road tax soon. Thanks for starting this thread. My car is about the same age as yours.

May I know uf u guys know any insurance company that can cover windscreen without seeing whether the windscreen is cracked or not? Mine is cracked already. Thanks.
well my agent when I went asking the price said if I wanna take the insurance for RM100 (etiqa) but I answered no so didn't know wether they want to see the screen first @ not but i'll try 2 ask again tomorrow though, wether any1 already answered @ I'll still be answering it later on though

EJ6SO4

Known Member
May 29, 2005
Kedah, Malaysia

do online etiqa insurans@my [email protected] js add how much u want to insured...they dont c the cermin.....hehe...thinking of change the ins company....now that takaful malaysia giving 15% back from ncd...hehe...anyone have experience wit takaful malaysia...thanks...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Not most. All. Cars above the age of 9 years are subject to a 5% loading fee and must be insured for not less than RM12,000.

Which kinda blows.

Do what I do, renew over the phone. They don't ask to review the car but be smart about the claims. Claim only after a few months after your renewal.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Nowadays all got loading. I used to get my Insurance without loading because my cousin works there, but lately she also cannot help. Say higher up have imposed the loading.
My 16 years old load 15%, My VR over 20 years load 20%....:bawling:

---------- Post added at 08:34 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:33 AM ----------

right now bank negara has imposed RM12k min amount insured for ol' cars, my kancil 17years also after ncd 55% has to pay RM336 (etiqa) include roadtax via agent, that amount also include 15% loading (extra amount after ncd), right now i'm thinking just to get 3rd party insurance but a lot told me yes it's cheap but if anything happens maybe we'll have to crank out more than we pay for ins& the difference is not that of a gap u can satisfy wit, i'm also in dilema 2:bawling::hmmmm:
But mine is RM10k min....:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 08:36 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:34 AM ----------

They won't check the windscreen, as mentioned by bro. Izso please claim only after a couple of months. Then when you renew your yearly premium the windscreen insurance will be added...

---------- Post added at 08:42 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:36 AM ----------

do online etiqa insurans@my [email protected] js add how much u want to insured...they dont c the cermin.....hehe...thinking of change the ins company....now that takaful malaysia giving 15% back from ncd...hehe...anyone have experience wit takaful malaysia...thanks...
Bro.,
NCD increases every year if you do not make any insurance claim.

NCD For Private Car
Period of Insurance - Discount
After the first year of insurance - 25%
After the second year of insurance - 30%
After the third year of insurance - 38.33%
After the fourth year of insurance - 45%
After five or more years of insurance - 55%

Or do you means rebate?
Yes, unless you buy your insurance direct from the insurance company. Mine only gives 10%

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
go to Malaysia Motorpool Insurance at Menara Uni.Asia, Jalan Raja Laut...they will insured any cars.....

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
agree, there you have to wait for hours......always packed

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Not most. All. Cars above the age of 9 years are subject to a 5% loading fee and must be insured for not less than RM12,000.

Which kinda blows.

Do what I do, renew over the phone. They don't ask to review the car but be smart about the claims. Claim only after a few months after your renewal.
When you renew over the phone, do you call the agent or the insurance company?

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Today, I finally decided to go for the upgrade... been having sleepless night thinking about it over the last 3 days.

1. Woke up at 8AM, clean up n ready by 9AM.
2. Check my car - been having some coolant leaks over the last few days.
3. Start up and head towards Centre Point, BU for quick breakfast.
4. Called Stan at 10:45AM and fix appointment at 11:30PM.
5. Stan led the way - I'm hopeless with inner KL roads.
6. Arrived at MPD, saw many cars awaiting final tuning. Time was 12:15PM.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience