More repair charges for vehicles over five years old!

pangyau

1,000 RPM
Oct 17, 2009
Malaysia
At the 1st place, why should we buy premium insurance.
In 5 years time the bank loan still not settle.
Really to squeeze the user until bare bones...

Since last few years a lot of law changed to benefit the Insurance Company only.
Seems we just paying for nothing...

We should change the car every 5 years...?
Some crazy idea or vision...

Those who make this law never bought a car.
They normally get the car for FREE & ALL FREE

Last edited:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Might as well no need to buy insurance then :banghead:

End of the day even if we maintain well, if touchwood accident, claim until like that, who wanna get
insurance...

Not logic at all to replace parts that is the same age as the vehicle...meaning to say
Either Imitation New Parts or just Half Cut???

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
what repair charge???

sure or not this article? :rofl:

shitty repairs for accident car not the fault of the car or insurance, but more to the workshop itself......yes more than 5yo cars insurance sum cover value less than 80% of its actual value, replaced parts also surely not coming from original proton to some extend, but oem parts for common cars actually much cheaper thus there's no real reason for insurance coverage exceed the economical repair (unless car declared total loss due to heavy collision) :adore:

like the case of satria GTI owner...does the insurance take note on the actual value of original S-GTI parts or they rather take for granted that all satria costs same for all range?

my take on the article should be the insurance co. and the panel workshop took advantage of the car owner situation. Plus the article didn't mention the total parts need replacement. but the car's ignition,alarms and original gti steering doesn't really cost up to rm4k if i'm correct..... :adore:

spoon civic

Known Member
Jul 12, 2012
terengganu
This is absurd!

More repair charges for vehicles over five years old - Nation | The Star Online

Is this really true??? How on earth such practice is allowed here in Malaysia??:banghead:
in my case..its true..as my car had an excident...my car was hit from back....even i claim on the hitter car insurance because of the hitter fault...the workshop only want fitted my car with imitation parts..if want original parts..i have to take original model 96 spec civic...if i want original spare art for 99 spec civic..i have to add my own cost..because i want the 99 parts..i have to add about 3k.... to change original tail lamp..bumper,and rear bonnet.....feel like paying insurance for having roadtax at front windscreen only to avoid police summon.....really love malaysia.....:banghead:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
in my case..its true..as my car had an excident...my car was hit from back....even i claim on the hitter car insurance because of the hitter fault...the workshop only want fitted my car with imitation parts..if want original parts..i have to take original model 96 spec civic...if i want original spare art for 99 spec civic..i have to add my own cost..because i want the 99 parts..i have to add about 3k.... to change original tail lamp..bumper,and rear bonnet.....feel like paying insurance for having roadtax at front windscreen only to avoid police summon.....really love malaysia.....:banghead:
Phew that's nuts! 96 civic rear end is a bit different than 99 la, how can a 99 car use a 96 parts??
Insurance is a risk minimizing business, they should've made margin from people not claiming vs those that claims, if they do their business properly that is! Not by scamming people with used/immitation/older spec parts!

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
if cars in malaysia is cheaper, than is ok..

if not, don't even try to bully old car owners.. we'll find a way to maintain our 'precious'

:thefinger:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
errr your car 96' civic or 99'?

it is normal they change part according to what model stated in geran....not based on what you've been installed on your car...

but if u knew the workshop good enough surely they will help to adjust until u get your preferred part :adore:

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
All car under 5 year will be replace with original part, after 5 year 2nd hand or new non ori part then insurance will -30% off each part (owner can choose ori part or better paint) but the balance owner have to pay, now workshop need to wait for the insurance to approved the payment B4 the workshop will start repairing (this mean more downtime) no more repair 1st to wait insurance company approved, as told by workshop (as if insurance not approved they will tell u to tow away your car or chop u on the repair). Choose workshop carefully when claim insurance (the best will be your friend workshop, never go to unknown workshop) if not they will tell u all the good thing u need to hear (even get some extra cash pay back from the balance repair which is bullshit) then after they received payment from insurance company they will chop u, need u to pay 1st for the extra b4 repairing, give u cheap part where they claim ori etc... Workshop is a big fat liar, they wan your insurance claim n your money. BEEN THERE DONE THAT.

As for premium insurance thanks to those ppl who stole their own car to fraud insurance, insurance company is losing money everyday. Thats y today insurance company take so long to approved n hard to claim minor accident.

This story is few year old already...

Last edited:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Glad to have old car :rofl:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I can accept using used parts, but using imitation/fake parts cannot lah. These insurance companies really make money squeeze us until dry.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
like proton/perodua/jdm car users, many would go buy (or kawtim with the workshop) to buy parts from halfcut (which priced lower) or they want to replace with same bodypart that only available thru halfcut...and use the claim amount balance to topup for nicer paint or additional part....

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Heard of this before already. Seems that they have been doing it for some time already. Maybe now mentioned in newspaper, so more are aware...

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
/on sarcasm

wow.... good to know that the local insurance companies support immitation parts....

they must be very proud of the fact that malaysia is one of the top countries for piracy

/off sarcasm

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

To all out there whether face this kind of problem or not. My car running on GSR 4G93T and everything still standard. SO... this is what nomally people do... turn the ignition key to start position and then wait the check engine light turn off then start the engine... this only takes 3 to 4 second, right??? My problem is the check engine and the boost light indicator cannot turn off everytime when my car didn't start for long time i.e. 24 hours, this will caused the engine cannot start...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience