Mods On Satria GTi

TermiziYeoh

1,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2005
Cheras , Sel
Hey Guys , my dad just bought me a Satria GTi (Well at 1st going for B16A EG but reconsider it EG was kinda old car ) so thank god for it i got one . As im noob in car mod , need to know some infos from u guys .

First ,when I got the car , due to many of sifus suggesting better upgrade handling then performance first , so I went for those things :

- Koni with Eibach
- Steel braided hoses and brake pad
- Rims and Bridgestone Potenza

Need to know what kind of other mods that can upgrade the handling of the car ? Would installing STRUTBAR increase it ? Any suggestion ?

Second , the performance , I already went for :

- 4-2-1 Hotbits Extractor , 2.2" Rimus Muffler

Anything that can be done but not too heavily mod lah , just want to cruising around with some powers on it . Should I start with Open Pod Air Filter ? Where is the good shop to do this besides Speedworks ? Thinking of Apex'i brand . And after that mayb Safc ? Suggestion needed ! hehe

And I think last but not least , the alarm system . Currently running on standard alarm and steering lock , which brand do i have to go for if i want to change the whole set alarm , would VIPER cost me alot ? Where is the shop with goodworkmanship and good price ?

My GTi is Year 2000 , is it running on Siemens Or MMC ? <Ouhh God please let it run on MMC Ecu haha!>

TermiziYeoh

1,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2005
Cheras , Sel
Ahh glad to hear that ! Anyway It was in September 2000 for additional info . Wahhh rilly glad to hear that . MMC .

Btw anyone knows how much if change open pod air filter with heatshield ? What brand recommended ?

keigo4552

Known Member
Jul 25, 2005
kuala lumpur
if u wan change the air filter with stanless steel piping, u can do at my company..
juz rm300 with HKS air filter....or u can come to my company to see it urself....call me if u interest...016-6000682 ah beh
i can advance to mod the car and more....
see u

Zeroed

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Good upgrades!

Back then when I first got my GTi all I did was power and power, relying only on stock handling and semi-good tyres. Actually even now that is the case... since Im reverting back to stock suspensions...

Anyway, yes, installing a front strutbar greatly increases chassis rigidity. I felt it the moment I turned out from my house when I installed one. IMO rear ones arent necessary unless you want to go hardcore, and the car will also be less forgiving.

A very good air filter is the dual funnel Apexi, having excellent flow rate and being very clean. Thing is its non-washable, once it wears out (100,000kms or so) you'll have to replace it. Difference compared to standard airbox definately to be felt. Induction noise is lower compared to most others.

SAFC is good once you've done a few mods, but rechipping would be better.

Consider installing an ultralight flywheel also (PM me if youre interested. I know a man who has developed some really nice ones for 4G93Ps, those are not lightenned OEM ones).

TermiziYeoh

1,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2005
Cheras , Sel
Steel Piping ? What is the advantage of using steel piping bro ? coz ive seen ppl do ony with plastic pipe or some kind of soft material but not steel la . And does your package include heatshield ?

TermiziYeoh

1,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2005
Cheras , Sel
Zeroed said:
Good upgrades!

Back then when I first got my GTi all I did was power and power, relying only on stock handling and semi-good tyres. Actually even now that is the case... since Im reverting back to stock suspensions...

Anyway, yes, installing a front strutbar greatly increases chassis rigidity. I felt it the moment I turned out from my house when I installed one. IMO rear ones arent necessary unless you want to go hardcore, and the car will also be less forgiving.

A very good air filter is the dual funnel Apexi, having excellent flow rate and being very clean. Thing is its non-washable, once it wears out (100,000kms or so) you'll have to replace it. Difference compared to standard airbox definately to be felt. Induction noise is lower compared to most others.

SAFC is good once you've done a few mods, but rechipping would be better.

Consider installing an ultralight flywheel also (PM me if youre interested. I know a man who has developed some really nice ones for 4G93Ps, those are not lightenned OEM ones).
ok , after this will go for strutbar first , bro , how much is yours and where to get it ? and second wud be air filter . Since u have mentioned above about the Apexi dual funnel , how much u change it for whole set ? including heatshield rite ? if want to replace just replace the filter or whole set ? Sorry if my question sounds dumb :X-:

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
for the a/filter go for the apexi one.with a heat shield will better.

a piggy back would be good..like suggested above.

TermiziYeoh

1,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2005
Cheras , Sel
Air filter Apexi with heatshield how much does it roughly cost yeah ? and strutbar ? how much ? And planning to go only one shop to do this . Any shop recommended ?

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
check out powerzone.
or i can suggest to u..picking up a malaysian car mag.there's a butt load of ads in there.

TermiziYeoh

1,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2005
Cheras , Sel
Hurm , budget tight a bit so guys u recommend go for Voltage Stabilizer and Open Pod Air filter first or straight go to Safc2 ? Pening pening .....

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
the volt stab. plus the air filter is much cheaper than the SAFC2.

so if ur on a tight budget,go for the other 2.got money to burn?go for the safc2.

but i tell u 1st...the vol.stab doesnt give u hp gain.so if ur wantnig power...scratch that.go for the intake and exhaust.

but i would go for the safc right away.give u more detailed tuning.more over ur car is a GTi.and there's quite alot of hp to be squeezed out.

FoarGeez

Known Member
Jun 20, 2005
Koala Loompour
juz givin my oppinion... if i own a gti i wouldn do anythin cuz its alredy been tuned by the professionals n besides its alredy 1.8 we talking about here with mmc ecu... dont fire ar bro...
anyway if u still insist, i think k&n filter, 4 point ultra racing strut bar n 16inch with advan neova shoes would be good enuff... with atleast 1k u can get a good 2way alarm sys. happy modding. :regular_smile:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

HI.. To all TITAN sifu..

this is my 1st post in here...

i plan to buy fixed suspension and spring. NOT adjustable suspension.
and i want ask some question here..
now i'm using lower spring now,coz my orginal suspension is rosak liau...so i plan to replace a new one, b4 chinese new year, want balik kampung... but i cant affort adjustable.

1)i want ask how much is the price for the whole set of the suspension and spring?
2)i dun hav so many money right now.. so i plan to buy suspension...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience