Stage 1 Mods For Satria Help

PedalToTheMetal

Jul 1, 2005
hi sifus..i'm currently using a 1.3 satria (m)...mind tellin me whats the first few mods to improve my car performance? thanks..and if we do those mods..will we feel alot of difference?or it's juz a mild improvement?thanks lots! :tee:

gsrTurbo9166

Apr 23, 2005
first, u must ask urself u wan to play wif ur stock engine or wil convert it with a more powerful engine later
if u wan to convert ur engine in the future,than u should save ur money to done up ur next engine
coz it wil cost u double bcoz u mod till ur stock engine kaw kaw then change n mod again,juz focus to 1

if u choose to mod ur stock engine then the first thing is ur exhaust system
wif a tuned length extrator n suitable piping size, u wil feel different compare to ur original exhaust system
then if u hv addtion $$$, go 4 filter,plug
after u feel that these are not enough then u may go to port & polish,high cam,engine balancing n etc
u may buy a stand alone management system 4 ur car or if u r budget than can go 4 S-AFC 4 ur first step to tune up ur car
wif those mod ur car may hv around 90++bhp

so think carefully b4 u mod
but don think that with all those mod u can side by side wif a turbo or a variable valve engine
coz stock engine has it limitation

happy modding

PedalToTheMetal

Jul 1, 2005
thanks loads gsrturbo..tht info is much appreciated..
well..actually..i planned to convert it to mivec..but i'm juz 17..this yr...probably...in 1-2yrs time i guess..thts long.. i can onli convert it to 1.6 rite?
a)how much it cost for a moderate full exhaust system?
b)for the halfcuts...i still need to change the air filter,piping,manifold and etc rite?
c)for the air filter-which type is better?heard theres cone type..and some other..cold air intake..RAM...whish is better?

reply is much appreciated! thanks

gsrTurbo9166

Apr 23, 2005
no,i convert my 1.3 to gsrturbo
it is still available to convert 1.3 to 1.8
coz 1 of our member zero_kool doing it now

a)if u take branded,it wil cost u around 500++,if cap ayam then only 100 to 200++
(i did 2.5" stainless steel piping plus a RSR muffler only cost me RM660)
b)u can change it if u wan.if don wan juz need to change the wear n tear parts
c)this is depend on u whether u wan performance or juz wan some slightly different from original air filter.
for me,i will go 4 K&N or HKS air filter.

ch1ck3n

Oct 16, 2004
dun mod so much at first...get to learn to drive better first..den u start wif more power...

i have seen enuf of 17 yr olds b involved in accidents bcoz of reckless driving...

btw i am oso a 17 yr old..

gloss

May 23, 2005
SJ
bro..shld use 3" piping. not 2.5" u wil get more torque.

try Q8 also.

gsrTurbo9166 said:
no,i convert my 1.3 to gsrturbo
it is still available to convert 1.3 to 1.8
coz 1 of our member zero_kool doing it now

a)if u take branded,it wil cost u around 500++,if cap ayam then only 100 to 200++
(i did 2.5" stainless steel piping plus a RSR muffler only cost me RM660)
b)u can change it if u wan.if don wan juz need to change the wear n tear parts
c)this is depend on u whether u wan performance or juz wan some slightly different from original air filter.
for me,i will go 4 K&N or HKS air filter.

if wanna play with ur current engine, no need go for extend mod first lo..

first thing u will consider changing ur exhaust system... 4-2-1 extractor will be suitable... u dont need to go for really expensive headers as there wont be much difference in performance (but price varies a lot)... 1.3L dont need 2" piping lo... anywhere below it will do...
filter element... u can alwiz go for cap ayam one too, but not that good lo... furthermore, those expensive aftermarket ones are for lifetime use... so no need worry to change filter everytime lo... go for open pod, K&N or Apexi should be good...
after sometime when u are bored with it already, go for port n polish or camshaft...

anyway, if u maintain to service ur car after every 5000km, sure ur car in tiptop condition... modding is good but ur car basic requirement like which type of engine oil u should use shouldnt be neglected...

boyzone

Mar 13, 2005
this is what I do in my 91 engine for general stage 1 mod, just for refer.
1. oversize throttle body and rebore+polish intake manifold.
2.lighten flywheel.
3.plug and cable.
4.exhuast system.
5.drop in high flow air filter.
6.93 cam shaft

all of those are less than RM1000, but can provide good performance already.

Mivec36

Apr 29, 2005
hmm

if i be u...the engine i dun kacau liao
use only the stock engine
better do body kit and also interior
make inside look nice and also the body look nice
change sport rims...
in another 1-2 years time..u put in engine...there u go..enough already..chun car with chun engine...
waste money liao modify 1.3 seriously..been there done that...
:)

evors

Jun 27, 2005
Johor, Malaysia
Safety 1st

Hi PedalToTheMetal,

I can understand ur need for speed. I was 17 too last time. :wink: But be warned, speed without control is dangerous. Always upgrade the suspension and braking system first before you go down the road for extra speed. Ok, i know 1.3 is not much in terms of power, but still its capable of going to more than 160km/h after mod, that i'm sure. Get lowered performance spring and better bites brake pads at least.
Just my 2 sen. Happy modding.

evors

Jun 27, 2005
Johor, Malaysia
SkYwAlKeR said:
speed kills... dont over watch initial d... they are fake...
I totally agree with you man. For me, drag (please do it on an empty piece of road or in the track) is more thrilling than trying to break the land fastest speed record or the sound barrier. Be safe man.

jcn9690

Mar 17, 2004
personally....don do heavy mod. me think u also dun hav much money and income to spend on that car. better save it. jus leave ur car standard look coz nowaday car crimes damn bad.

if u wanna giv some try. try this

WEBER 40 DCNF carburetor

wah... this guy here really promotes weber so much... haha...
yeah, weber increase ur car performance quite a lot... but bare in mind it comes with sacrifices... ur FC will go blooming high...

simple modding will do lar... we dont alwiz have chance to race around circuits... furthermore, everywhere also got traffic jam... whats the use u have all the power under ur hood??... drive safely... save the fuel, so fuel price wont increase so much...

jcn9690

Mar 17, 2004
SkYwAlKeR said:
wah... this guy here really promotes weber so much... haha...
yeah, weber increase ur car performance quite a lot... but bare in mind it comes with sacrifices... ur FC will go blooming high...

simple modding will do lar... we dont alwiz have chance to race around circuits... furthermore, everywhere also got traffic jam... whats the use u have all the power under ur hood??... drive safely... save the fuel, so fuel price wont increase so much...
hehe...why not me sharing my modification experience..:biggrin:

btw here my FC
rm10=6L=i can go as far as 80km..that the far i went so far.

but las saturday nite....sumthingh happen. my fren told me to send him to PUTRA. i tot his say "putra lrt"..so i don care lah...i went out around 8.30pm...then i asked him..what time u will depart..he answered 9pm...at PUTRA bus station...perghh!!!!
me make 15minutes from pantai dalam to Putra bus station pwtc..so one problem solve edy..another problem me facing was...my petrol...lastime i filled was rm10..that time i went for 70km edy..me damn scared if my car stopped on my journey...jam summore in bank negara there..luckily me manage to reached petrol station at kerinchi..that time its 90+km edy....and my fuel gauge droped below E..hahahaa....me sweating like hell dat time....

jcn9690 said:
hehe...why not me sharing my modification experience..:biggrin:

btw here my FC
rm10=6L=i can go as far as 80km..that the far i went so far.

but las saturday nite....sumthingh happen. my fren told me to send him to PUTRA. i tot his say "putra lrt"..so i don care lah...i went out around 8.30pm...then i asked him..what time u will depart..he answered 9pm...at PUTRA bus station...perghh!!!!
me make 15minutes from pantai dalam to Putra bus station pwtc..so one problem solve edy..another problem me facing was...my petrol...lastime i filled was rm10..that time i went for 70km edy..me damn scared if my car stopped on my journey...jam summore in bank negara there..luckily me manage to reached petrol station at kerinchi..that time its 90+km edy....and my fuel gauge droped below E..hahahaa....me sweating like hell dat time....
wah... ur car got reserved fuel tank ga??.. run of weber carb also can go so far away??... or ur fuel meter rosak adi??... hehe...
anyway, mayb i was wrong about weber FC coz i never used it before... i jz heard many weber user said it does increase ur car FC lo... so i ikut saja... :smile:

Hi there, I'm looking for some advice about remapping the ecu of a sohc 4g92 lancer glxi. It's better to work on the factory ecu?, or getting in a new manage system for my engine?
Can anybody give me some advice ?, maybe someone who's used to sohc 4g92 engines.
I'm stuck on this, so I'd be glad to have any comments. Thanks