Mivec or 4age BT

AE111_SEG

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2005
Putra Heights
Guys some misinformed information

1997 Toyota Levin AE111 BZ-R can outrun 1997 Honda Civic EK4 SIR.
Go to youtube and you can see Best Motoring doing the test. See the video below.

The vtec has 5 Hp more but the levin has 6MT close ratio which ensures putting power to the road most efficiently. In this case Levin has a better combination of engine power and gear ratio.
If vtec come with 6MT then maybe a different story. Going back to mivec debate......

I personally seen the neo from Kegani with 20V. Very neat job. Looks like original.
I will go for 20v cos I dont see anything favouring mivec accept the sound.......nice...

1) Mivec halfcut is very expensive.
2) Modification parts are limited.
3) If got problem replacement engine parts are hard to get. (New and Used)
4) 20V BT 6MT is faster than Mivec.
5) Mivec lacks torque at low end for daily drive.

Let say you go to sepang and something happen to the engine. No need to worry:rofl: plenty of
engine kosong and cheap somemore. Mivec better pray:banghead: cos engine kosong not easy to find and expensive.

You decide for yourself which engine makes sense!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

YouTube - AE111 vs EK4

Last edited:

artworkz

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2008
JB
personally i hv use my mivec drag wif a 89`corolla wif 4ag supercharge. i can say 4ag not very power. 2005, i work in jb n swap a corolla 82` LE to ae101.too bad, the car pickup almost no diff wif my 85` honda prelude 1.8 twin carb. but i never c the real ae111 6speed. hope hv 4ag BT 6speed owner post sum video. sumtimes best motoring cant to believe, coz almost every time i saw evo lose to wrx in straight pickup.

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 PM ----------

4AGE is extremely powerful low-mid rev, and also peak power that will slowly comes in. I should say the 4AGE 20V is really a Torque-ky engine, rather than HP engine.

In endurance races, mostly those engines which is still running is Toyota, followed by Honda, then Nissans, and finally the first to KO is Mitsu.....hehe

So I guess, the answers is out for you to figure out :P
wan try endurance race, c my milo tin KO or ur superb SR ko 1st?? did u c merdeka race???? 1st time merdeka race PERT WAJA-EVO finish the race wif top rank. where gt sr go endurance race??

hon_cs

Known Member
Jan 23, 2004
Ipoh
Well, I'm driving AE101 with BT 6spd. Power wise very smooth and fc is good. Not to mention quad throttle sound during mid-high rpm. I find neither honda, nissan or mitsu have this. Imagine this cheap price engine you can exp 6spd feel. Dont you think is a credit for 4age? As for maintenance, you need extra careful with 6spd gb. Better use good oil because i found a lot owners have 3rd gear synchro problem. Mostly feel hardly shift during morning startup. When comes to after market performance parts, there is no cheap things ok. You want good, pay for it.

David_SGTi

Known Member
Aug 15, 2007
He praised his lame nissan highly ( no offense to other nissan owner).. Insult his parents for giving him proton... I wonder when will he struck by lightning

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
ahahaha...i still remember he kutuk his car gave by his parents...
he should be luckly instead of cursing his car......

at his age i drove a toyota le 1.3 given by my mom...
at that time i was considered very lucky....
other ppl have to take public transport....

Akang Gabriel

From Facebook
Oct 9, 2010
www.facebook.com
i don't know if CK4 Mivec is faster than 4AGE, but for sure Mivec 1st gen , the one use by Wira, Satria 1st gen mmg sedap power... i've seen one at Miri here always beat down B16, SR16 and other n/a 1.6-2.0 na car.. havent see the 'timing belt terbalik' version perform, but hoping the power might be powerful as the predessesor... :)

*and yet, i still prefer 4AG-E with ITB intake.. sure kaw2 power .. i ever saw one in JB last time saw one SEG white colour with 4AG-E 4 trottle beat down a GSR.. not sure the corolla from which workshop since i'm from Miri here come there see some street drag activity, but from what i see inside the engine got 4 'bell mouth trottle body' with custom stainless steel extractor..

NRC

Known Member
Aug 31, 2007
Personal experience: I've tested my stock 4g92 (1.6 lit.) mivec satria manual VS stock 5 speed bt 4AGE corolla AE 111. manual. Result (3 rounds) (even changing drivers) 0 - 400 m: Quite the same. I think BT 6 Speed would beat mine. Note: Satria is very light weight yet I didn't manage to beat his car. :burnout: Thus I vote for BT (6 Speed).

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i'm from malaysia. can anybody give me suggestion that what kind of engine can fit into my car. my car model is rover 216sli and is 1600cc. i don't want the original engine.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience