Mivec Club

steven7810

mivec user
Oct 12, 2004
kuala lumpur
To all Mivec used... Coming 06-May-2012 Sunday.The Mivec Owner Club are inviting all of the Mivec used to have a trip to Melaka.. Please refer to Facebook Mivec Owner Club..hope u guy can join in... Tq.

TimLang

Known Member
Jun 15, 2006
if wanna mod the flange then u have to adjust the port shape in the cylnder head. so i think cut & weld method will be much easier. no need to touch cylinder head.

I also been searching for this modifications, a bit confuse what i found in mudah. The Skunk2 original and plug and play 4g93 skunk2. Which one is suitable for mivec?

If i buy original skunk2 for b16, is it need to mod the flange according to size of gasket (mivec)? And what about S90 TB? need to use b16 S90 or 4g series S90 TB in order to match the skunk2.

Or there is plug and play 4g93 skunk2, i think its replica or purposely for 4g series. What is the pro and cons buying this? How its perform? same as original skunk2 b16?

Thanks... :smokin:

joe_mirage

1,000 RPM
May 7, 2006
rotationperminute.blogspot.com
thanx very much joe..
any place can recommend to to this mod with good workmanship..
cos i got spare mivec intake to do this..
seen in the net few person selling that already cut & weld..
u can go to nasty port flow since they can do this kind of modification :)

I also been searching for this modifications, a bit confuse what i found in mudah. The Skunk2 original and plug and play 4g93 skunk2. Which one is suitable for mivec?

If i buy original skunk2 for b16, is it need to mod the flange according to size of gasket (mivec)? And what about S90 TB? need to use b16 S90 or 4g series S90 TB in order to match the skunk2.

Or there is plug and play 4g93 skunk2, i think its replica or purposely for 4g series. What is the pro and cons buying this? How its perform? same as original skunk2 b16?

Thanks... :smokin:
now replica of skunk2 intake for 4g93 is already in the market. no need to mod anything if u r using 4g91/92/93/93t head. if mivec, still have to modify since mivec port shape is not identical with other 4g9 series cylinder head.

Havok_KiD

500 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
Mivec Jun Stage 2 cames are RM4400
your idling will be loopy and its good for high rev engine setup.. minimum 9 to 10k rev.. would be good if it is revved to 11k

bare in mind due to the 11.4 lift on high loob... u need to have an extremely good high comp piston.... recormanded CP piston.. 2nd option would be TOTO or IZUMI high comp piston.. (mivec oversize or TX3 piston)

2nd the cam would not be at its best performance if your cylinder head is not ported well enough.

but honestly if ur setup is right... u will get a neck breaking G pull ...

P/S if cannot afford JUN cams now u can opt for JUN replica which is produced by taiwan... reliability has no issue and its the same spec.. price is only RM2900

catan

Known Member
Jul 2, 2004
Png
Visit site
Mivec Jun Stage 2 cames are RM4400
your idling will be loopy and its good for high rev engine setup.. minimum 9 to 10k rev.. would be good if it is revved to 11k

bare in mind due to the 11.4 lift on high loob... u need to have an extremely good high comp piston.... recormanded CP piston.. 2nd option would be TOTO or IZUMI high comp piston.. (mivec oversize or TX3 piston)

2nd the cam would not be at its best performance if your cylinder head is not ported well enough.

but honestly if ur setup is right... u will get a neck breaking G pull ...

P/S if cannot afford JUN cams now u can opt for JUN replica which is produced by taiwan... reliability has no issue and its the same spec.. price is only RM2900
Can u disclose the minimum compression ratio need for this cam?? 12:1 ??

But the 11mm lift just similar to the B16B type R stock cam only ..... :banghead:

joe_mirage

1,000 RPM
May 7, 2006
rotationperminute.blogspot.com
my friend using jun copy camshaft in his 82mm toto piston mivec + emanage + skunk2 intake + 70m tb = 18+whp (dynojet). damnnnnnnn.

steven7810

mivec user
Oct 12, 2004
kuala lumpur
Hello... Shawwir... You are welcome to mivec club... Do join in facebook mivec owner club..
This coming sunday 06-05-2012 All Mivec owner will having a trip to Melaka.. You are welcome toooo....
I steven driving machine call mivec hahaha.

---------- Post added at 08:25 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:13 AM ----------

Hello... Shawwir..
You are welcome to MivecClub...
This coming sunday 06-05-2012.. Having a Mivec Owner club trip to melaka.. You inited to join in...
Please refer to facebook Mivec Owner Club..

wfd9766acik

Known Member
Dec 27, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Re: Original CA4A onto Satria

Helo all,

S per the above, got me those original parts (used) but yet to fit it onto my Satria. What I've in mind is to fit it exactly like they put in onto CA4A body trim - with the clips & everything.

Don't mind to make holes on the body trim for the clips as long as it can last (& looks) like those on CA4A. I noticed after some time many of fellow Satrian's look sluggish - gaps between body trim & skirts (along the edge) , uneven look resulted from poor workmanship (mostly revetted(?) - pls mind my spelling) etc.

I would like to ask on how to do it or which (thrusted) shop can do it nicely.

*Feed backs from local MIVECians/ Satrians are most wellcome & highly appreciated.

Hepi revving

iswara204

500 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Guys and bros,

Im about to get a satria gti fitted with mivec head. After reading here and there i realize that there is 3 type of mivec models.
1. Mivec blacktop
2. Mivec silvertop
3. Mivec md

Most of the forumers commented negative on the Mivec MD. May i know whats the reason?
Secondly, how would i know if its a Mivec md? please advice me because ive just submitted the loan..i wouldnt wanna have a wrong purchase..

wfd9766acik

Known Member
Dec 27, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Helo guys,

Does anybody know what happen to the mivec.co.nz/forums? It is have been down for maintenance for quite some time..

Tq boys (n girls)

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:18 AM ----------

Guys and bros,

Im about to get a satria gti fitted with mivec head. After reading here and there i realize that there is 3 type of mivec models.
1. Mivec blacktop
2. Mivec silvertop
3. Mivec md

Most of the forumers commented negative on the Mivec MD. May i know whats the reason?
Secondly, how would i know if its a Mivec md? please advice me because ive just submitted the loan..i wouldnt wanna have a wrong purchase..
hi,

for more technical information, strongly suggest u register to MIVEC Owners Group. it was very informative and usefull for me before my 4g13 become mivec 4g92 dohc.

congratulations n hepi revving

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
blacktop was so called rs version....

silvertop was the common production model...

md was modulated displacement..the mivec function wasn't for pure power..but for saving fuel like say you idling during traffic jam then the mivec system disable 2piston and only idle with 2cylinder functioning if not mistaken.....

so for your 1.8 mivec conversion any silvertop or blacktop would do just fine...but u need to have the complete mivec head+wiring+ecu to start with and some piggyback to fine tune the bigger displacement block... :adore:`

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

So i just changed my spark plug cable and it costed me rm330 lol. even though i was shocked with the price i just went for it since its proton parts.

question is what justifies it to be at this price? others only priced at around 100rm.

and are other proton parts any good in general? im looking to just buy any other branded parts next time.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience