Mclaren F1 Replacement

keshy

500 RPM
Dec 12, 2007

Remember the Mclaren F1 road car? The supercar from the 90’s that dominated auto bahns and other major highways for over 10 years. It held the title of ‘The Worlds Fastest Car’ for equally as long and some still believe it is. It’s considered the ultimate drivers car even next to a Bugatti Veyron. It produces so much heat, it needs gold platting in the engine bay just to reflect the heat. No power steering, no ABS, no traction control, nothing at all. I can go on all day about the Mclaren F1 because no other car sets my mind racing like it does. Well, until now actually. Zerotohundred.com has learnt that a replacement model, dubbed the Mclaren P11 is currently under works and is due in 2010.

Details of the new car (pictured above) has remained scarce, but sources have revealed that the new Mclaren is staying true to its tradition and remains a lightweight supercar with V8 power. But unlike its older brother, which was a well-known 3 seater, the P11 will be a 2-seater. Word has it that the Mclaren will be targeted directly at the Ferrari F430 Scuderia and the Porsche GT2. It sounds like the two prominent supercars will be easy for the P11; the Mclaren will be packing enough firepower to take on its two main rivals and some. It will use a Mercedes AMG sourced 6.3L V8 making 500 hp. That power will be channeled to the rear wheels and is capable of pulling off sub-4 second 0-100 runs, as well as a top speed of over 200 mph.

Size wise, the P11 is said to slot between the Audi TT and the R8. Our sources have also unveiled that the P11 promises to be faster than the legendary F1. If I were Bugatti or Koenigg I would start getting worried right about now.

Image Credits: Mclaren Automotive, Auto Blog

deacon

Senior master debater
May 5, 2005
KL
Looks like the HSC concept

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site
looks.. err.. non-intimidating. old one lookd better, but that's me laa...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys...just wanna ask ..can we still get 264degree cam for evo 3 in malaysia, becoz most of the place selling minimum 272 degrees only, I heard 264 is better idling and for daily use.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience