Mazda 3 MPS

kcng

500 RPM
Jun 24, 2008
Selangor
kcng1983.blogspot.com
the mazda 3 MPS is now available but there is still no discussion about it?

any owners yet?
or anyone here test drove the car already?
or seen the car already?

how was it?
:adore:

=============================

Mazda 3 MPS Official Website
http://www.mazda3mps.com.my/

Simple Facts:
2261 cc (In-line 4)
255 HP @ 5500 rpm
380 NM @ 3000 rpm
6-speed manual with LSD
6 airbags
ABS-EBD-EBA-TCS-DSC

Last edited:

steven7810

mivec user
Oct 12, 2004
kuala lumpur
hello... i dealing with the MAZDA car... i actually tested the MPS last sunday from kelab lumba kuda.. heading back to tmn megah pj.. using bukit jalil road.. i can say tat this MPS is damn fast and so responsentive in gears 1 to 6 gear (manual)... 1st gear normal la..2 to 6 gear is damn fast and is feeling good went turbo open my friend stick to the seat... hahahaha and is a girl...kakaka

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

the car will on the road soon.... waiting for inspection and reg the car... soon you will see white and red...

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
otr price??

steven7810

mivec user
Oct 12, 2004
kuala lumpur
Rm179,895.20 on the road.....

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

Fully import from japan.... Year made 2011

kcng

500 RPM
Jun 24, 2008
Selangor
kcng1983.blogspot.com
can potential buyers test drive the car?

most of the reports are that bermaz dont allow test drive..
they even lockup the car in the showroom floor..

hmmm...

jimmyae101

1,000 RPM
Dec 7, 2005
medan indonesia
hahaha...if not free test drive how we can feel..it cost around rm179k...no just few buck like we buy mag at book store.when we buy book/mag we also can free read on some few book b4 we buy up rite...madza just lock up that car?telling u,u can test drive it after u drive home later lo...:stupid:

kcng

500 RPM
Jun 24, 2008
Selangor
kcng1983.blogspot.com
let me try my luck in lot 9 showroom next... see how is it...

if not, then i got no choice but to go the OKU way and get a Golf TSI..
:stickyman:

joe_mivec

Known Member
Jun 29, 2005
PENANG
Guess i am the first owner to report in :)
Come on give us short review...bored read and watched oversea review...but saw some maybe in 20 of group test drove it over 250 kmh in youtube...imagine that only test drive...last week went to Mazda showroom @ Juru Autocity, Penang but sadly this car no longer in there...they said it only preview on launching day only...ask them can test drive or not...they said need to booking 1st RM3k...if later dont like it can get fully refund. i dont know this car better looking than Golf Gti or not...since i cannot see the exact car...but price different around 30k...choose Gti lesser 40hp, good looking, comfort and quality Euro car...choose MPS cheaper 30k, higher 40hp, stick gear, bigger space and boot, Bose sound system...and 6s 0-60...top speed around 250kmh. but the front bumper look like smiling face...for me not so garang...

strike961

Dec 7, 2008
Clocking 1100km now.

Power: Front wheel turbo i "felt" the G-force more than a stock AWD Turbo. Actual power i think any stock Evo/STi still wins hands down. It is yet more powerful compared to a stock DSG 2.0T.

Gearbox: 6 speed manual with relatively "high positioned" clutch. Short shift. No problems otherwise.

Chassis: Stiff, firm, but it absorps quite well. Happy with it at the moment won't think of after market suspension upgrade.

Brakes: Just nice for now. Haven't try on highspeed e braking.

Interior: Like it. It even has a boost meter readily in between the tacho/speedo.

Sound proofing: Quite well for a performance series. Felt better than my previously sound proofed Lancer.

BOSE: Quite good for stock sound system. Only problem is 1 or 2 satellite actually vibrates if the song comes with higher bass input. It probably needs a better speaker box.

Overall impression: This is a balanced performance and comfort car. It is comfortable for drivers and chicks :) It is not as brutal as a STI, not as harsh as a Type R but also not as comfortable as a SL350. I think Mazda has made it in between. Some may think that its neither here nor there, but i think it suits normal driver like myself.

I think it may not fit its "Mazda Performance Series" category if that means hardcore performance. I guess, Mazda 3 sports is a better description for this car.

kcng

500 RPM
Jun 24, 2008
Selangor
kcng1983.blogspot.com
there is 1 blue MPS in the training room when i was at the Lot 9 showroom...
i check out the interior and exterior... literally molested every single area of the car...

fuh, manual with auto cruise wei... <-- damn 1 extra point for MPS...
:proud:

the clutch is not that heavy, so for sure no problem with jam

brake according to the sales person (delvin) is 4 pot but i have yet to get confirmation as the trainer is in the room with one of the workers...
i try to look closer but its hard as i cant peek under the car....
indeed a sleeper car, take out the MPS badge behind and people will think its the regular 3, so if kena tailgate, step harder abit on the gas and weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee fly...
:driver:

only think is this car come with dunlop ST sport 225/45R18 rubbers.. but not a ZR rating rubbers.. and this car has an electronically limited top speed of 250 km/h..

so was just curious, can this rubber hold if the car is maintained at 220-240 km/h ?

there is 2 unit waiting for delivery..
damn..
jealous of the new owners

Pic of one of the car waiting to be sitting in a new home

tth tyre

500 RPM
Jun 5, 2007
Puchong
Clocking 1100km now.

Power: Front wheel turbo i "felt" the G-force more than a stock AWD Turbo. Actual power i think any stock Evo/STi still wins hands down. It is yet more powerful compared to a stock DSG 2.0T.

Gearbox: 6 speed manual with relatively "high positioned" clutch. Short shift. No problems otherwise.

Chassis: Stiff, firm, but it absorps quite well. Happy with it at the moment won't think of after market suspension upgrade.

Brakes: Just nice for now. Haven't try on highspeed e braking.

Interior: Like it. It even has a boost meter readily in between the tacho/speedo.

Sound proofing: Quite well for a performance series. Felt better than my previously sound proofed Lancer.

BOSE: Quite good for stock sound system. Only problem is 1 or 2 satellite actually vibrates if the song comes with higher bass input. It probably needs a better speaker box.

Overall impression: This is a balanced performance and comfort car. It is comfortable for drivers and chicks :) It is not as brutal as a STI, not as harsh as a Type R but also not as comfortable as a SL350. I think Mazda has made it in between. Some may think that its neither here nor there, but i think it suits normal driver like myself.

I think it may not fit its "Mazda Performance Series" category if that means hardcore performance. I guess, Mazda 3 sports is a better description for this car.
Mr.Koh,when u wanna give me a ride...:driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

radiostar Advanced 2-Way Alarm System is suitable for all car makes.

Here's a list of car models that we have installed and the list is growing everyday!

In alphabetical order:

BMW
E36

Chevrolet
Aveo

Honda
Accord
Civic
CRX
Integra
Jazz

Kia
Picanto
Spectra

Mazda...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience