• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

shah5755

Known Member
Apr 20, 2007
Pj....kch
haha reading the tittle already make me laugh:rofl::rofl:
if not the gov control then WHO???????
agree with u ppl,asking RAKYAt to support local product, cars like poton & pro2,but they themselves I bet my dirty nails cut if they got even 1 in their house park :mad:
only know hw to say NO,CANNOT....did they ever TRY????

mujinkun

Known Member
Apr 3, 2007
All the politicians nonetheless only wanna collect all the wealth to their coffins and related family (only some that actually berjuang untuk rakyat). Hence, all the talks is actually a zero, none, nada...cant believe at all...

devious17

Nov 18, 2003
Kay Ell
Havent they learn anything thus far? A Carerra is only priced at Euro 35k multiple that by about 4.4 throw in some service and handling charges is still waaaAAAAAaaaaaayy cheaper

Forget about Porsche, look at "The people's car" VW its just Euro 16.5k

Last edited by a moderator:

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
Just bring out this kind of issue when next election come, then we will c rakyat wan cheaper car or wat!

victorleekoonpoh

Sep 3, 2007
If follow the market price then LANGKAWI is the best comparison, without duty fees, a city, vios just cost RM55k!

Last edited by a moderator:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
I think the GOV should follow he price in Langkawi...they have no tax because it's a free trade zone why just limit to Langkawi??

This thing is dragging too long....

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Just bring out this kind of issue when next election come, then we will c rakyat wan cheaper car or wat!
It's being told on every election... It's the people that rather have RM200 than to have a future... Too shallow minded.

I think the GOV should follow he price in Langkawi...they have no tax because it's a free trade zone why just limit to Langkawi??

This thing is dragging too long....
Well, I wonder how much would the Proton earn every year compare to the penalty they pay for the AFTA that started by our own ex leader...?

Boleh cover kah..? Even the perodua is selling more car than our national car...

evolution9682

Known Member
Feb 9, 2008
Proton only able to sell in Malaysia,if export to other country no 1 will buy,some country selling price is even cheaper than we buy in Malaysia,so government keep the tax to protect Proton not to bankrupt....

ragerunner

Known Member
Mar 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I read that the R35 sells at $60,000 in the US. In Malaysia, I heard that it sells at RM600k-700k. The huge tax imposed here means that for the average guy like me, my dream car will remain just that: a car I can only dream of owning.

People ask me, "Why spend so much money on your old car? 25 years old already wo. Not worth to dump in 20k la.:stupid: Better save up and get a new car. Full spec Saga or Myvi. Vios also not bad what."

Well, this is precisely the reason. For 20k, what am I gonna get? Half a Saga or Myvi? Based on the inflated car prices in this country, can't even get a quarter of a full spec Vios.:thefinger:

Oct 14, 2010
Kejung
very true. ordinary folks like me who owns an sm4 91 model cant even dream of getting a new car just yet, more with the petrol hike recently and the cost of living which is relatively high. lucky i love that old car of mine. LOL

Jun 22, 2008
no doubt is effing expensive in malaysia...
but hve u guys ever wonder d petrol prices here in malaysia..?
its da top ten cheapest in d world though..
other countries could die to fill up their petrol everyday.. but we're msians can easily rm1.85 per liter.. haha..
wat im sayin is.. high tax but cheap petrol.. other countries, low tax but expensive petrol..

balmung69

Known Member
Jun 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
what a load of bull man. if they reduce the tax. BN people like naza will suffer which is why they wont. its like the people are suffering by paying more tax with buying imported cars and still on local cars they are expensive too. they cant lower the tax for now . probably they will have to go in stages slowly in a time period of 5-10 years?

FGT

500 RPM
May 19, 2007
Get rid of protectionism and let there be healthy competition all around. Not only in the automotive industry but other industries too. I'm sure somehow Proton and Perodua and other GLCs will learn to survive.

amonrei

Mar 19, 2009
Melaka
Tun M is a great man but as long as he lives, protectionism to the max. As for cronism and corruption, corrupt a bit enough la. No need to collect 100 supercars in your garage. Rakyat want to drive supercar too.:bawling:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Ferrari unveiled their latest speed freak of a creation during the 2012 Geneva Motor Show, only to reveal a freak of nature in terms of horsepower: all 740bhp from under the hood of a V12 monstrosity that will catapult the car from 0-100kmh in just 3.1s!

<!--more--> Apparently...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience