Maintenance of Supra

joshuabajithomas

Known Member
Oct 13, 2008
hi ZTHians.. im contemplating on buying a supra 3.0 (A) NA for daily usage and there is one for sale .96/ 98 and mileage is about 190k km. 2 owners. car has not been modded at all. the reason why i want the auto and the NA is cos i plan on using it as a daily car and it should be mpre practical then the 6 speed manual twin turbos. plus, im also hoping that the NA engine would be more reliable and also more cheaper to maintain then the twin turbo's. what id like to know is, what kind of maintenance problems and fuel consumption am i facing? is it cheaper and more reliable for a NA auto car? is it really true that the 2 JZ engine are reliable and almost bullet proof despite the 190k km clocked? would i need an overhaul soon? what do i need to look out for when i inspect the car before i decide on purchasing the car? Any input in this would be greatly and thoroughly appreciated!!:):)

P:S: i love the toyota supra... its been my dream car since the good old gran turismo one on the playstation. if all goes well, owning this car would be a dream come true.

thanks in advance!:biggrin:

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
Actually, the correct saying is "a crock of bull" ;)

Just a question, not specifically have to do with your car's engine, but since you're in a talkative mood, I thought I ask.....how do you keep the showroom quality look on your Supra's bodykit ? Any particular product you use or favour ?
fvel: wax once every 2 months... hehehe...

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
hi ZTHians.. im contemplating on buying a supra 3.0 (A) NA for daily usage and there is one for sale .96/ 98 and mileage is about 190k km. 2 owners. car has not been modded at all. the reason why i want the auto and the NA is cos i plan on using it as a daily car and it should be mpre practical then the 6 speed manual twin turbos. plus, im also hoping that the NA engine would be more reliable and also more cheaper to maintain then the twin turbo's. what id like to know is, what kind of maintenance problems and fuel consumption am i facing? is it cheaper and more reliable for a NA auto car? is it really true that the 2 JZ engine are reliable and almost bullet proof despite the 190k km clocked? would i need an overhaul soon? what do i need to look out for when i inspect the car before i decide on purchasing the car? Any input in this would be greatly and thoroughly appreciated!!:):)

P:S: i love the toyota supra... its been my dream car since the good old gran turismo one on the playstation. if all goes well, owning this car would be a dream come true.

thanks in advance!:biggrin:
Dude, I started out having Supra as my dream car too. So basically getting is like living out my dreams but for cheap maintenance, it's definitely we can continue dreaming. As for the answer to 2JZNA, I think it's basically cheaper to maintain than 2JZGTE turbo as u got alot less components to worry about. Petrol consumption wise, i can't say much though but perhaps a good piggyback + great tuning u can save up quite a lot.

Overhauling is inevitable as with all cars but it depends on the condition of the engine. If u're lucky, u can get one in tip top condition if not, well, overhauling is d way to go. I dont think it'll cost much but the easier way out is a transplant. 2JZGE is abundance. 190k km clocked can be still in tip top condition if the previous owners drove it gently with proper maintenance. All these depends on your luck i guess.

As for 'how to choose', well it's quite subjective.

If u want more info on this, u can pm me. Or if u got the car and has trouble finding the right places for maintaining it. PM me...

Good luck mate!

Jammer25

Nov 15, 2008
hey!! im aso planning to get a toyota supra:itsme:...................Well i might be getting d turbo version...as a 2nd car though..hahah...Good luck in ur buy...:burnout:

Koffee-Black

Jan 10, 2008
Hi Guys,

I have had 3 JZA80 Supras, 1 NA & 2 TT. My current one is a Black TT. I love it to bits.

All I have done is 3" exhaust, Trust cooler, and Power FC and it makes 280rwkw! Its reliable and for what it is, great on fuel. Its a 70l tank, and get about 500-550km, better than a friends EVO8.

I love Supras, and now I have my dream car, i wont have any other. Even for a big car, handling is great, but of course, not as chuckable as an AW11 or SW20 i had before.

here is a pic of mine:

Jammer25

Nov 15, 2008
wow cool ride there bro:adore:..........Anyway just wanting to noe....How much did u spend doing up ur supra when u first got it...I mean wear and tear???:hmmmm:

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
timing belt rm1xx, serpent belt rm2xx, change the oil seals as well rm1xx. engine oil 6 liters price depends on what brand n grade u use. transmission oil manual around rm100-200 for good motul oil, rm200 for 3 cans (3x4L each can toyota Type II auto gear oil). rear diff oil rm160 for 2L kaaz. brake pads not so sure should be around 1.5k for front n rear endless pads. as far as i can see, thats all.

terence.huet

Feb 15, 2009
hi sifu's.. wud like to know where to get spare parts for supra..
really wud appreciate ur help

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi everyone, i'm sure most of you are aware of the all new Honda Civic that was recently launched just a couple of months ago. I'd like to know which of the 3 is your most preferred best feature of the 2012 Civic, everyone's input are appreciated, especially the current owners

i-MID

You can now personalize your new Civic with your own personal wallpaper just like the one on your phone or...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience