lowering spring

siong

Nov 14, 2005
hey guys... i just want to ask.. if let say i instal lowering spring.. will there be any bad effect on my car??? ehe...

siong

Nov 14, 2005
aiyoyoyoy!!!! lidat one ar??? what is ur advise bro? shud i do? or shud i not???

edwin_lcw

Jul 13, 2005
Setapak
dun lo ...... stock std ok ma ..... if u wan u change change absorber n spring togeter la

siong

Nov 14, 2005
then i wont change de.. cause my fren want to give me the spring... last time he use for his saga..use a while only he change var de... so i tot of taking from him lor.. then now sin bro say no good de... i dowan change de... scared

if he give u free, give it a try lor... mayb u can live with the bumpiness... hehe...
absorbers wont damage to fast one lar... mayb takes few months/year time... after change sport springs, dont sell ur old stock springs... u still can use them back if u got fedup with sports springs mah....

jz my 2 cents...

tl1987

May 2, 2005
hey bro i advise u not to lower ur ride coz u noe m'sia road la....big hole here super high bump there...better not....haha...anyway its up to u ..its ur ride .. cheers :D

siong

Nov 14, 2005
i think... after all this... i might not lower lo.. hehe... kind of not worth it one... rite? thanks bros!!~!

Agl

Apr 22, 2005
Outerspace
Once I changed the spring to sports springs without changing the absobers too but nuthing goes wrong. It still consider ok if u r driving in Penang's road as long as u drive carefully lor. Cheers!

rattan

Oct 30, 2005
www.itswat.com.my
I tought of lowering my front part for my wira se... because the front part 3 fingers can go in... tought of cutting the spring.... use it until it kong then change to adjustable.... what u guys say ?

rattan said:
I tought of lowering my front part for my wira se... because the front part 3 fingers can go in... tought of cutting the spring.... use it until it kong then change to adjustable.... what u guys say ?
if u dont plan to use back ur old springs, bear the consequence that ur abs gonna 'kong' vr early and wanna experience a vr bumpy ride, cut lo.... its ur car, we cant stop u....
since u already plan for adjustables, why not save up till u buy the adjustable... stock height has its benefits... slowly mod ur car lar, dont rush things....:regular_smile:

khguan

Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
it is not easy to lower a WiSE... cos WiSE original front springs are already lowered... newer ones i duno la..

i have heard ppl fitting in lowered sport springs end up higher than stock.... i guess somebody who have done this mod should share their experience here...

edwin_lcw

Jul 13, 2005
Setapak
wah lowered ? i see like not lowered ...... mine WiSE now front more higher than behind .... behind onli 3 finger front can go in 4 finger ..... i now wanna jack up the rear .... adding bush ..... like roy27 .... the ride looks more sporty ...... jack up around 5 finger ..... 2.5 inch ..... u all think ok ar ?>

rattan

Oct 30, 2005
www.itswat.com.my
Well my WiSE , the behind only 1.5 fingers can go in... because the woofer box,spare tyre... and stuff in the boot... the front on is 3 - 3.5 fingers... looks funny sometimes to me.... think wanna go hi/lo adjustable soon... but thinking very hard on it...

edwin_lcw

Jul 13, 2005
Setapak
wah adjustable ar ? most cheapest also costs u 1000 ++ man ...... think twice ohh

rattan

Oct 30, 2005
www.itswat.com.my
Yeah .... adjustable cost more then 1k but then handling for sure increase and also can lower my ride without much damage... can use it for the long run...

jack_736

Oct 13, 2005
hmm... is it true that if u put sport springs, u will have LOTS of trouble when goin up shoppin mall ramps???
yo rattan... m drivin WiSE jus like u :-) ... wat mods have u done to ure car ??

ntc2000

Sep 30, 2005
this is my fren experience for lowering the suspension...... my fren car scratch all bottom part even got some scratch for fender....... so he change back to better sporty suspension system(not too low 1) with biggerr rimmmm.....

1st ... pls dont cut ur stock spring.... Just change the spring n absorber together to sport version 1... if you change or cut the spring and using the stock absorber... then ur absorber will kong early....

2nd if ur spring and absorber cant suppport ur car weight.... then ur rim will easy bengkok........ (you know lah... malaysia road)...

3rd.... for sure..... cutting ur spring or changing the suspension system.... sure will get bumpy ride....esp for adjustable spring.

so ... if you want to get a sporty look... just get the sporty version suspension system, change to the bigger rim but the tire at least 45 or 50......

I'm using 4G92P fuel injection engine. The Mod i had done on my car that related to ECU only replace my auto gear box to manual G.B without changing to the manual ECU. and also i got a turbo timer that already broken but the wire still connected to the ECU.

my problem is the Mech can't detect my ECU when he use some computer console stuff to detect my ECU and then check my car problem at T.body(tuning after changing new T.Body). but My car seems to be normal as the 'Check Engine' light...