lowering spring

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

jack_736

Known Member
Oct 13, 2005
hmmm... is there a way where i put sport springs, but i maintain my stock ride height..... is it possible.... ?
i was thinking of putting GAB springs... but i scared it will lower my ride too low..
is there a way to maintain the standard height ?

rattan

1,500 RPM
Oct 30, 2005
www.itswat.com.my
jack_736 said:
hmm... is it true that if u put sport springs, u will have LOTS of trouble when goin up shoppin mall ramps???
yo rattan... m drivin WiSE jus like u :-) ... wat mods have u done to ure car ??
No mods at all only a minor ICE upgrade and rims... thats all ... engine all dead stock... here is my car pic :

Everything stock la... normal car...

rattan

1,500 RPM
Oct 30, 2005
www.itswat.com.my
How about u jack_736 ?

jack_736

Known Member
Oct 13, 2005
same like u ... stock engine.. jus simple player
nice bling bling rims ya got there... 16" ??
eh rattan, think i noe u la singh... u jasdev's neighbour rite?? jasdev from selayang ... im his fren jack la...

rattan

1,500 RPM
Oct 30, 2005
www.itswat.com.my
yeah its me.. how u know its me ? Lol:x small world.... u also driving SE ha... cool...hehe...
Cheers...

Agl

500 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
Outerspace
Visit site
Well for my ride, a normal w/aero, before the modding front is 3 fingers an g the rear 2 fingers. It looks funny to me so i went cutting the springs, after all front was 1.5 finger.

jack_736

Known Member
Oct 13, 2005
jack_736 said:
hmmm... is there a way where i put sport springs, but i maintain my stock ride height..... is it possible.... ?
i was thinking of putting GAB springs... but i scared it will lower my ride too low..

advice pls !!!!
thx peepz

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
jack_736 said:
if wanna maintain stock height, dont change sports springs lor... if u wanna change sport springs to improve handling, i recommend u maintain ur stock springs and get sway bars (antiroll bars)... it will help u reduce bodyroll to ur car, similar to what sport springs do....:regular_smile:
besides, u can maintain ur ride comfort as well....

if u want extra high, get rally springs (not sure which type)... they are hard springs and higher than stock springs...

jack_736

Known Member
Oct 13, 2005
hmm... ive heard of how peepz put sport springs n then they put spacers....
wats tat ??? is it safe ??

siong

Known Member
Nov 14, 2005
sorry guys havent reply or come into the thread so long... streamyx so cha la... cannot connect at all in my area... say no to streamyx.. oh yea..i asked around in shops in penang... they advise me not to change the sport spring wor... they say if want to change..change when ur car is older abit... very not worth one... i dunno just a piece of advise...

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
yah, ur mech might have a point there... changing to sports springs, there are alot of wear and tear to ur car... for example, drive shaft and suspension arm and bushes... coz ur springs are harder, most shocks are transfered to the chassis via suspension links... thus, ur suspension arms and bushes might damage vr early...

it is recommended that harder suspension being used in tougher chassis... and weaker chassis pair with softer suspension....

nofear

Mar 9, 2006
lowered is suitable for racing........... ONLY on proper track or road - smooth 1.
lowered pros : good looking, good cornering, good handling.......
but the pros will become cons on street racing if the road condition is bad -got lubang n not smooth.
on track, lowered car wins stock car
on a bumpy road, stock spring perform better than lowered spring......... trust me. i experienced that............

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
yes yes... i trust u... i often outrun even by a stock kancil on uneven roads... haha... coz i cant go any faster due to stiffer springs in my car....

example, last time with stock suspension, i can go 50kmh on uneven roads... but now, only about 40kmh max.... hahaha... vr bumpy, whole car squeeking adi...

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
nvm, just press ur pedal...maybe at the end of the road u left only ur seat and steering..lolz...jk..
i using sport abs and sport spring too...too bumpy...erm, but in malaysia, we dun have a choice to choose the hardness of the spring..cos they all didn rate it...so it;s very hard to find a daily + sport 1...unless those branded 1...but i doubt even eibach or GAB didn rate the spring hardness too....

bongweeyap

Known Member
Jan 26, 2005
have have the sam experince like u guys.
ther is no free lunch in this world rite guys???
if use the cheap L.spring, i have to sacriface the comfort.
if wanna to use H/L adj, than i have to spend more $$$.
but now i ahd change to H/L adj in my putra.
ok quite noremal.surely a bit bumpy than stock.
but overall satisfied.
i'm using 17inch with 40 series one.:):):):)

seanlee

Known Member
Jun 30, 2004
1st.....FF car..normally setting is front abit highr then real....becoz when hard braking..you will saw engine weight tranfer front pressing more...it need space to brake down..that why you will saw....alot of RR or FR car have to adjust the real more higher.....

2nd.......Do not lower your car too much! This perhaps is the number one no no. It is a symbol of a true rice-boy (not a racial slur, means all show no go, typical car that has $5000 bucks of wheels and tires, a big 5 inch tip, aero kit, a thumping stereo, vinyl graphics, no springs and not much else). Lowering looks really cool and can make a significant improvement to a cars cornering capability but going too low is detrimental to both handling and even safety. Going too low can cause bumpsteer, where the tie rods and control arms are traveling different arcs resulting in the wheels steering themselves with no steering wheel input. When a car is so low that the suspension bottoms under cornering loads, the end of the car that bottoms first will violently slide out. Super low guys are convinced that they are driving super touring cars but if you take them out on the track they will suck incredibly. Our SE-Rs are cursed with short travel suspension as it is and cannot take being lowered more than 1.5-2 inches at the most. So install some good springs such as Eibach, H&R or Ground Control and DO NOT CUT THEM MORE TO MAKE YOUR CAR LOWER. If you have the Ground Control springs do not adjust them to lower your car more than two inches except if you are going to compete in car shows where the car will be a stationary display.

i`m driving a WISe too, but wise came with R3 tune handling.....it respond really good then normal...the suspension setup is just like waja....and you will notive at the front absorber...compare with 1.6 wira and 1.5 wira..is totally different...

alot of people thinkinf cutting the spring..but out think..did you know that....when you travel..in highway...when reach some uneven road...you will feel like flying..and not holding the road...worst if the workmanship..not good...the spring will came out from the bush or compount from absorber.....then came to damper rate..will be change..and in short time your suspension will be gone!....

3th....... you want to lower ..plus comfort......you can if you dun mind hitting your car on the bump...with you lower..you need more harden spring....or abosober...to support..so that your car will not touch the bump....
if you want comfort..mean ...softer sprinig and absorber will be using....well to balance it 2...you can get a hilo softhard....suspension or.....HOTBIT customize..or TITAN.....will do...

4th........If you are using high performance springs, try to wait until you can afford the shocks also. Performance springs store more potential energy when they are compressed. They need a shock with more rebound damping to keep the car from bouncing all over the place after you hit a bump. Really good shocks like Koni or GAB’s are adjustable so you can tune your shocks to the springs. Performance springs with stock shocks usually feel floaty on high speed undulations. I find that that feels a little spooky. Performance spring’s quicker rebound characteristics also seems to wear out stock shocks quickly making them get super floaty. I prefer GAB’s because of their easy adjustably (Koni’s require removal from the car to adjust them) and durability. In IMSA racing other brands of shocks would be shot after one race. GAB’s would last a whole season. Tokico’s are inexpensive but don’t last as long. They also seem to have too much compression damping and not enough rebound in my opinion so they are harsh but floaty. ...

damn you guy..make mean like Ah po!!!..telling so much story...
anyway.....just short advice...do not cut your spring no matter good or not...if you cut...your handling will end up worst then stock...

if still want more story..i tell later..hahahahah..coz i play onlyhandling on my car...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Please view the customer feedback from the link below:

http://wetshinedetailing.blogspot.com/2010/01/initial-impressions-rainaway.html
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience