Upper pillowball mount users

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
As the title suggest, I need some information from actual users of upper pillowball mounts. What improvements I will be looking at if I change my stock rubber upper mounts to pillowball type? As far as I know the accuracy of the geometry will increase. How is the ease of adjustment? and when I do adjustment do I need to jack the car up or just do with the car tires on the ground. If use on daily driven car, if there any potential problems that could arises? Is adjustment on the pillowball mount user friendly? Thanks for the feedback in advance.

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
i'm using it... :itsme:

let other write in first then i fill in since i never adjust/experiment with it since installed...

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
i'm using it... :itsme:

let other write in first then i fill in since i never adjust/experiment with it since installed...
Thanks for the feedback bro, what was your 1st impression switching over to it? in terms of steering feel and accuracy of the geometry and does the setting will be out easily?

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
once the pillowballs wear out it will produce sound especially on uneven road or during u-turn, depends whether you can accept the noise or not

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
once the pillowballs wear out it will produce sound especially on uneven road or during u-turn, depends whether you can accept the noise or not
You mean the spherical bearing wears out?

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
transitioning from factory shocks to an adjustable one of course there is a huge improvement...steering feel definitely feel sharper...

but like i said...all i did is set the ride height...pillow mount was set the at dead center (no need for extreme "-" or "+" setting i guess since this is my daily ride)

as for adjustment in my case its fairly easy...only have to loosen 4 allen key...jack the car a bit (to take the weight off the shock)...slight tap with a rubber mallet...re tighten the allen key...done...

i only tried once (for the sake of trying it out) but soon after that reverted back to center position...

the down side is like yeehau point out is the noise...you can practically hear and feel every nicks and cracks of the road...the upside is handling improved quite a lot and those wheel alignment shop wont dare to scam you to buy those crappy chamber adjuster nut anymore... lol

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
transitioning from factory shocks to an adjustable one of course there is a huge improvement...steering feel definitely feel sharper...

but like i said...all i did is set the ride height...pillow mount was set the at dead center (no need for extreme "-" or "+" setting i guess since this is my daily ride)

as for adjustment in my case its fairly easy...only have to loosen 4 allen key...jack the car a bit (to take the weight off the shock)...slight tap with a rubber mallet...re tighten the allen key...done...

i only tried once (for the sake of trying it out) but soon after that reverted back to center position...

the down side is like yeehau point out is the noise...you can practically hear and feel every nicks and cracks of the road...the upside is handling improved quite a lot and those wheel alignment shop wont dare to scam you to buy those crappy chamber adjuster nut anymore... lol
Bera, thanks for the feedback. I'm currently on adjustables already but having a thought on putting in upper pillowball mount to see how much improvement I can get from just the mounts.

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
Yes, it will produce "ting" "ting" noise during aggressive turning 1 side or uneven road.

Last edited:

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
So far so good, as other mention easier to adjust camber yourself, can go more aggressive.

As for wear, no comment as mine still good after 4year of usage as weekend ride.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
So far so good, as other mention easier to adjust camber yourself, can go more aggressive.

As for wear, no comment as mine still good after 4year of usage as weekend ride.
How do you reference the markings on the plate, each mark is how many degrees? if adjust without using an alignment machine

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
How do you reference the markings on the plate, each mark is how many degrees? if adjust without using an alignment machine
better do it with an alignment machine at least once so that you get the general idea each marking adjustment effect how many degree...because typically there is no standard reference for the marking...it also may differ from vehicle to vehicle...

Attachments

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Steering is definitely sharper. Ride is only slightly harsh on highway. However, much harsher if taking those back roads like kampung area, etc. I would accept the harshness with the gain of steering sharpness.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
better do it with an alignment machine at least once so that you get the general idea each marking adjustment effect how many degree...because typically there is no standard reference for the marking...it also may differ from vehicle to vehicle...
That depends also that everything else is perfectly good condition....:driver:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Thanks Bera. Now I know where to start.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,

need some help and advice on K&N filter. I realised my dad's machanic changed the filter on his proton Saga caburator to a cylindrical chrome filter engraved K&N on it.

as far as i know, i think my cousin removed it to wash before, but I was told that the is a special liquid/solution that has to be applied on the filter to enable it to collect dust. Is this true??

If so, where can i get this magical solution?? cos my engine is sounding quite angry lately. Refuses to exert any power...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience