Liquid or Wax polish?

RS.Move

Known Member
Oct 25, 2005
all wax had that function too.. autoglass polish n wax i feel normal only.. effect not that good.

turtle wax better, but one thing is, it leave lotsof powder.

WAJA2003 said:
hmmm u guy last time see before at shopping center??
thay hv show 1 pcs of bonnet hv red n black colour 1,then they burn the bonnet,then use the polish a while all blck black thing will gone,bonnet surface nice nice some more...
That product is black box n with mers body 1...if not wrong lahh,price below RM39 i think
product name is auto glass or what lahh...now all shopping center hv sale 1...

lonewolf

1,000 RPM
Jun 3, 2004
WAJA2003 said:
hmmm u guy last time see before at shopping center??
thay hv show 1 pcs of bonnet hv red n black colour 1,then they burn the bonnet,then use the polish a while all blck black thing will gone,bonnet surface nice nice some more...
That product is black box n with mers body 1...if not wrong lahh,price below RM39 i think
product name is auto glass or what lahh...now all shopping center hv sale 1...
that one is PERMAGLASS

ace79

1,000 RPM
Sep 4, 2004
There are some "exotic" brands of car care, like Zaino ( did I speel 'em rite? ), PS21 etc. They come in simple white packaging, only minimal words on the containers. Needs a bit of work ( orbiter is a good idea when waxing / polishing with these brands ) but if you use their products accordingly ( from clay, car wash, polish, wax and a few more stuffs ) you can get one damn good shining car! But needs more than one person to do the job, unless you have one whole free day to pamper your car...

Or you can go to places like AutoSpa to do the job for you, AutoSpa uses Zaino I think.

For home users like us who don't have THAT much of a free time, brands like Meguiars, Mothers, Permaglass comes into play. These three major brands have been around for quite a while. Featherlite is a new player ( although have been exclusively used only for Nascar cars for years bfr! Only released for general customer use last year! ) in car care market. You can't go wrong with any of these top brands bro.

Anyway, if you want a good, wet, shiny car with that soft - coated feeling on the car's paint / shell, there are a few steps that you must take good care off, like :

- make sure wash / polish / wax your car in a shade, and car is not hot / warm ( especially front bonnet or where your engine lies lah ) washing your car properly. do it bodypart by bodypart. rinse car with flowing water. do not let water dry by itself ( water spots will set itself on your bodywork ), use a water blade ( Meguiar's and California brand got ) to push water off, then chamois dry. hidden spots ( between the rubber linings on your car's roof,the gaps between your lights and your bodywork, gaps between your bonnet / hatch and bodywork etc ) must be dry too. don't forget wheel wells etc.

- after the car is totally dry, use a duster ( Meguiar's got ) to dust off any dusts prior to polishing. apply polish using a clean polish clotch of polish applicator ( recommended ) at one bodypart at a time, let it set for about 5 mins ( this is for Featherlite, other brands maybe around 5 - 10 mins or less? ) then buff off with another cloth or orbiter ( if u got one, black and deckers only RM 199.00 ) and repeat for the rest of the car.

- now it's time to re - buff the polish. use another cloth ( or on your orbiter, put on a new polish " sarong " ) and re - buff. this is to get that nice wet shine.

- if you want to wax, do so after doing all of the steps above. it's the same steps as above.

pointers to ponder :

- diff clotch / applicator / orbiter "sarong" for each step. always clean 'em up by leaving 'em in boiling water + wash soap for a few hours, then scrub the cloth until all polish is off from the cloth. then dry lar ( tip from FocalPoint, thanks bro )

- always try to keep the cloth in a separate case / plastic bag to avoid getting something on the cloth that may later on be a "scratcher" when you use 'em on the car later.

- all of the top brands above got what they call as "polish keeper" etc. use 'em after each car wash on your car to maintain the polish. also use the duster to keep dust off and also to maintain the polish ( these "dusters" are always pre - impregnated with polish in 'em, collects and keeps the dust on the "dusters" bfr u shake 'em off ) damn good but damn expensive, Meguiar's is about over RM 100.00++. All these exotic car care stuffs can be found at Ace Hardware MidValley. Ace Hardware Melawati got a few but not as expansive as Ace MidValley's. Not sure about Ace Hardware Damansara ( the one near Harvey Norman / Ikea one ) but I think it'll be quite expansive since got more space, maybe got more stuffs lah.

i myself don't have much time and seldom polish my car though.. :embarasse !!! hehehe...me myself will buy the water blade, applicater, duster and orbiter later on to make my job easier and to allow me to polish my car often! if any of my fatcs above is wrong, pls correct it...hehehe...

TODA

Known Member
May 20, 2005
downtheroad
Ace, ur step-by-step explaination is so good, i think w a lil editing it can be published out as an article....

jz tat, for a total polish noob, I still cant understand or get the whole right set of tools to start doing any polishing -> yeah, nvr care bout my car till now...

I actually asked someone in zth forum b4, then got the info... went straight to 1 Utama's dunno-wat-name DIY shop then start hunting....in the end, i get more confused, damn so many brands so much marketing gimmicks dunno which is friend or foe to my car's paint..... >.< cant buy all then try, unless im rich which im not....

DUh should i get this?? or no need? i jz wanna spend some time on my car! HELP

lonewolf

1,000 RPM
Jun 3, 2004
TODA said:
Ace, ur step-by-step explaination is so good, i think w a lil editing it can be published out as an article....

jz tat, for a total polish noob, I still cant understand or get the whole right set of tools to start doing any polishing -> yeah, nvr care bout my car till now...

I actually asked someone in zth forum b4, then got the info... went straight to 1 Utama's dunno-wat-name DIY shop then start hunting....in the end, i get more confused, damn so many brands so much marketing gimmicks dunno which is friend or foe to my car's paint..... >.< cant buy all then try, unless im rich which im not....

DUh should i get this?? or no need? i jz wanna spend some time on my car! HELP
go read here http://www.autopia-carcare.com/

a very good place to start to learn about car detailing.

if u are not sure what product to get..i recomment you just go brother's get the Soft99 clay bar(RM29). Klasse All-In-One(RM110) and Klasse Sealant(RM80)..and get a good microfiber cloth

WAJA2003

Nov 14, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
the meguilar polish product i think ACE hardware shop many...eneos less only.
But many also i see the price liek very very expensive lorrrr...out of budget...haha go buy car wash shampoo with wash n wax.

carcrazy

Oct 11, 2005
Paste wax offers greater protection than liquid wax?

Originally, paste waxes lasted longer, and liquid waxes were easier to use. While this is still a commonly held belief, there are now car waxes on the market that are available in both liquid and paste forms with equal ease of use and performance qualities. Two examples are Meguiar’s NXT Generation Tech Wax Liquid/ Meguiars Gold Class liquid and NXT Generation Tech Wax Paste/ Meguiars Gold Class Paste wax, that redefine quality and performance with their next generation of technology.
Overall, paste wax vs liquid wax offers the same protection , gloss level and durability.
My personal experience , I prefer paste wax cause more budget ( definitely use less )

gloss

1,500 RPM
May 23, 2005
SJ
WAJA2003 said:
the meguilar polish product i think ACE hardware shop many...eneos less only.
But many also i see the price liek very very expensive lorrrr...out of budget...haha go buy car wash shampoo with wash n wax.
Eneos 1U guess hv the full product range...

cheers

ace79

1,000 RPM
Sep 4, 2004
Meguiar's Products

i have been going thru all three Ace Hardware outlets and only the one at MidValley have most of the Meguiar's car detailing tools ( applicator, car duster, wash mitt ), but still, I haven't seen most of the other items that I'm specifically looking for though. Anyone knows which shop sells the most Meguiar's tools?