LEVIN AE111 ABS INSTALL IN Local non ABS AE101

ae76

Known Member
Jun 4, 2006
DEar all toyota siful......please help to advise that,
1. Is it good to tranplant also the ABS system from AE111 levin halfcut into the AE101 local that original without ABS system?
2. Maintain the original mac system absorber or go for Super Strut type from AE111 halfcut?

Thank for all sifuu. advise......:nurse:

KHWONG

3,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2006
haha.. superstrut with ABS.. hahaha..
i using it on my car now .. feel OK.. raining + emergnecy wise very good lo..

bad is steering very heavy when Superstrut is being used...

but 1 think u need to consider is superstrut maintenance very ma fan.. noisy somemore..

pls aware tat ur rear disc brake also need to hav abs sensor on the knuckle... ur 4 abs sensor front n rear work well ??? cus very susah n mahal to get it once broken.. hhahah

Adeen

2,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2006
kl
if ssh and mahal....better not put ABS, then...?hehhee...my car oso have ABS....but the other day in the rain, my wheels locked when i hit the brakes in shock....but tyres oso almost out oledi....very scary...

super strut i think will make car handling better....isn't it..?

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
i also interested to kno la..
isit require to replace the whole braking system ?

ae76

Known Member
Jun 4, 2006
bro, since S.S handling better.....but any other problem beside the noise and parts?

KHWONG

3,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2006
SS handling better. but steering very heavy ..
driving not tat comfort sue to the wheel sound ...hahaha
changing drive abs n driveshaft more complicated...
need experienced mech to do it...
noise come from ball joint tat dun hav new part .. only chop shop

but i OK with it... i happy since cornering is OK for me ..

ae76

Known Member
Jun 4, 2006
Bro KHWONG,

Your ABS & S.S from Levin AE111 also?
Me still thinking want to put in full set or not...
My mech tell me that the ABS may cause problem and s.s will give a lot of problem also.....:driver:

mamatAE111

Known Member
Oct 25, 2006
Bro ae76,

If you don't want to use the S.S but still want ABS, you could try to get the local SEG AE111 Mac system knuckle with ABS sensor. Then you could maintain the Mcpherson strut, and use the halfcut ABS system.

You can still use the twin pot caliper and disk from the halfcut. The twin pot caliper is bolt on to the local AE 111 knuckle. But you have to shave 0.5 to 0.6 mm from the outer diameter of the brake disk. Send the disk to engineering to do this.
Bro KHWONG have seen my twin pot brakes on my stock 4afe SEG auto, still with rear drum brakes :)

As bro hoong said, must use the rear brake from halfcut that have the ABS sensor.

I also heard that the Levin rear ABS sensor is the same as local SEG rear ABS sensor. Can any sifu verify this?
I still don't have the Levin rear disk yet, cannot confirm this info..

KHWONG

3,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2006
haha.. bro ae76

my abs n ss system came from ae101 FX body... i turun full set wiring into my car.. lucky no problem happen.. only 1 sensor rosak... but i did heard from mech say tat not av abs install in SEG work well.. something also not functioning due to unknown reason...

but lucky my abs OK.....haha.. SS wise.. problem sure got.. depend how u think of it only....for me is OK.. a bit noisy only.. parts wise ui can always look in chopshop for spare set like me ... hahahahha

hope this can help u bro....

ae76

Known Member
Jun 4, 2006
Thanks alot for all the infor.....it really help me a lot.......

vh-101

500 RPM
Dec 14, 2006
haha.. bro ae76

my abs n ss system came from ae101 FX body... i turun full set wiring into my car.. lucky no problem happen.. only 1 sensor rosak... but i did heard from mech say tat not av abs install in SEG work well.. something also not functioning due to unknown reason...

but lucky my abs OK.....haha.. SS wise.. problem sure got.. depend how u think of it only....for me is OK.. a bit noisy only.. parts wise ui can always look in chopshop for spare set like me ... hahahahha

hope this can help u bro....
wah bro hoong, very good info! hehe, everytime i read, u sure got new stuffs wan. ur SeG getting more and more "geng" wor.. when turn high cam? wahaha

KHWONG

3,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2006
wah bro hoong, very good info! hehe, everytime i read, u sure got new stuffs wan. ur SeG getting more and more "geng" wor.. when turn high cam? wahaha
wah... high cam !!!!!// i am not untill tat level yet bro.... where got new stuff on my car recently .. damn pcket lubang lubang ler...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

I own a CRZ and at the bottom of the front windshield, there a part that always collect water.
And I am not sure if its due to rain water or tap water collecting there. Here's a pic.

Any way i can try to remove it?

Ive tried glass cleaner and elbow grease, but doesnt seem to work at all. Am afraid it might be permenantly marked.

Thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience