JPJ Puspakom Inspection - Which Way ?

sakuraguy

5,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Sendai, JAPAN.
www.zerotohundred.com
Hello guys,

Currently running a small project on Proton Wira 1.6 Mirage Turbo. In 3 days the car may have been completed and seeking advise.

1. Should I send to JPJ inspection after front body part converted to Mitsubishi or leave as stock Wira 1.3. Later I change the body part after JPJ approved?

2. Seat have nothing to do right? because im changine seats.

3. Does big intercooler is fault on JPJ inspection or just use the stock small bumper side "oilcooler look like" intercooler first?.

4. Does extra gauges will affect JPJ inspection?

:tee:

Thnx ..

Doink

3,000 RPM
Aug 1, 2004
House
Visit site
nope...dont do anything to the exterior yet...just transplant ur engine...and register...u dun want any unwanted problem...no gadgets watsoever...until after inspection...focus more on passing the puspakom test rather than throwing everything at once...

gsrTurbo9166

500 RPM
Apr 23, 2005
Doink said:
nope...dont do anything to the exterior yet...just transplant ur engine...and register...u dun want any unwanted problem...no gadgets watsoever...until after inspection...focus more on passing the puspakom test rather than throwing everything at once...
that's true
nowaday jpj rules change a lot
if is last time u install all the bodykit oso no problem

rizzo8

Oct 21, 2005
Share Experience at JPJ

Anybody care to share their experience during Puspakom inspection? What exactly do these guys check?
I just changed engine recently but have not been to Puspakom yet. Somone told me besides checking the engine, brakes, they also drive your car over speed bumps to make sure enough ground clearance. And if your car too low, and damage underbody, thats too bad. Is this true?

Appreciate those who have gone thru to share with us.

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
actually change car looks different from its original as well as lowering our car for road use is illegal nevertheless. sample is wira change to lancer face. no doubt wira is basically a lancer but legally, the car is registered as proton wira.

refering to lowered suspension, i read this in NST yesterday. altering standard ride height is illegal unless specified as standard lowered like satria GTI. otherwise, avoid unnecessary hassle.:D

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
So, in short... if it is not factory-fitted, it is illegal right?

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
acbc said:
So, in short... if it is not factory-fitted, it is illegal right?
by legal yeah. but out of say 800,000 units wira on the road, i think more than 70% had been modded. maybe lowered, change to different wheels, change taillamps and fibre glass grille. he he he

not much action can be taken...:lol:

MizuChi

Known Member
Apr 17, 2004
Japan
Visit site
They won't say anything until you get caught.. coz that's where they get their income from.. the rumours about the police/JPJ having to fine a certain amount every month is quite true actually.. and I'm not going to say more than that..