Iswara 4g91 Upgrade, pls teach me

skytech

500 RPM
Feb 19, 2008
Hi , I had some noob question to ask , I had a injection 4g91 in my iswara , I wish to know what upgrade can be done to let it to be more powerful and fast .

I want the best upgrade to be done which does not always cause problem had to repair .

Can all sifu sifu teach how to mod ? mod by step by step like change which part then next stage change which part again ? And if change which part had to change together only will do .

Please list down the modification with the COST also .. tq very much .Cost is not a problem , just wish to know .

Small cost of modification and cause more power will be nice .

My target is just want upgrade the power until like 1.6 or 1.8 , is enough . 2.0 upgrade stuff not recommend . And I want to know what is a oil catch tank , what the function for ?

Can what I list down can be fit in a 4g 91 . Will it suit ? Any side effect , does it run smooth and in good condition .will in be too much for a 4g91 ?

4g92 1.8 / 1.6 cam ?
Wat different between a high cam , and plus together with the adjustable cam pulley .

240cc injectors

4g93/92 exhaust manifold & wesgate

4g93/92 intake manifold

4g93/92 engine head

4g93/92 piston ( had to bored the block to be bigger ? ) Any side effect ?

4G93/92 Throttle body

# Any other pls teach , I just know abit only . sorry for so much question .

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
1st,weight reducing in ur car.
2nd, Basic mod like 60mm throttle body , high flow air filter and 421 etc.
Beside, are u run with stock 4G91 gearbox?

skytech

500 RPM
Feb 19, 2008
eh, nope , still using stock 4g13 gear box , want to know 4g91 gear box is pump or cable ? need to mod if i change the gear box ?

skytech

500 RPM
Feb 19, 2008
ic ,mean had to modified some more , any gear box fit iswara and also 4g91 with no need any modified ?

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
guess u need to drop by 4G91 thread la.....
n also...
from wat u posted on ur list....
very obvious dat u dun know wat to do la.....

ur engine is a n/a...
so wastegate is totally an alien la.....

as for the intake manifold...
a lot of 91 users says dat using GSR intake manifold is the best...
short n bigger holes.....
paired wif evo/mivec 60mm throttle body......
u can port n polish ur engine head also....

as for the cams....
4g93 cams r slightly higher....
but then far away from highcams la....
the adjustable cam pulley can let u set ur cam for better power....
depending on ur requirements la (mid/high?)

as for exhaust....
get a better flow one la...
4-2-1 of any brands....
or even get stock 4g93 exhaust manifold which is ori 4-2-1....
then piping change slightly bigger ones lo.....

as for pistons n engine blocks....
u can either change 92 or 93 block or change oversize pistons.....
then fuel regulator la...
piggyback or standalone la....

anyway...
since u say money is not a prob...
y not just go to a mechanic n tell him u wan power....
let him do watever he do...
then just pay the money n drive off lo....

skytech

500 RPM
Feb 19, 2008
Ic, tq .
Gsr is 4g93 right ? wat the different between 4g93 things and 4g18 ? izit the same ?
Izit 1 sohc, another is dohc ?

Changing gsr intake manifold and bigger throttle body mean will let more air go in , those it mean need to change the injector bigger abit to let it balance ??? since more air go in and the fuel inject still same . And changing bigger intake manifold and bigger throttle body plus if I change the injector too , should I also change bigger exhaust manifold together to balance the air ??

What is mean by port n polish engine head ? bore them bigger ?

4g93 cam need modified to fit in 4g91 or not ?

What is the high cam side effect since u all told me not to install .

If I did not change to other cam , can I still install adjustable cam pulley ???

4g92 / 93 block fit 4g91 ?? change over size piston need to bore the block ah ???

what is mean by piggyback or standalone ???

Money matter is can be discuss and consider , I not very poor n not very rich , just middle, if I just go to the mechanic and ask him install everythings then pay is no meaning , learn nothing , better I go buy a new power car . just want to know what those thngs function . Sorry for asking back all your question because I just learn , still a noob . Everythngs start from zero . Hope you all teach me .

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
- change to 93 block (single cam 1.8s also can, its plus cheaper). (between - rm 300 - 500.)

- change to 93 head. (between rm 200 - 300.)

- 240 injectors. (rm 100 to rm 150.)

- mivec throttle body or perdana throttle body.

- LCP - lighten crank pulley. (rm 250 to rm 500.)

- re-prom ur ECU or better still, change 1.8 ecu then re-prom to 10k cut. (rm 200 to 400.)

- port ur head. (rm 300 to rm 700)

- mivec exhaust manifold. (rm 250 to rm 350) if you are lucky enuf to find one.

- gsr intake manifold. (rm 250 - rm 350)

- 2 inch piping with only 1 bullet.

ur iswara's body is edi very light, u dont have to worry about weight.

Last edited:

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
- change to 93 block (single cam 1.8s also can, its plus cheaper). (between - rm 300 - 500.)

- change to 93 head. (between rm 200 - 300.)

- 240 injectors. (rm 100 to rm 150.)

- mivec throttle body or perdana throttle body.

- LCP - lighten crank pulley. (rm 250 to rm 500.)

- re-prom ur ECU or better still, change 1.8 ecu then re-prom to 10k cut. (rm 200 to 400.)

- port ur head. (rm 300 to rm 700)

- mivec exhaust manifold. (rm 250 to rm 350) if you are lucky enuf to find one.

- gsr intake manifold. (rm 250 - rm 350)

- 2 inch piping with only 1 bullet.

ur iswara's body is edi very light, u dont have to worry about weight.
unker, ur previous mods ahh??...

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
Ic, tq .
Gsr is 4g93 right ? wat the different between 4g93 things and 4g18 ? izit the same ?
Izit 1 sohc, another is dohc ?

Changing gsr intake manifold and bigger throttle body mean will let more air go in , those it mean need to change the injector bigger abit to let it balance ??? since more air go in and the fuel inject still same . And changing bigger intake manifold and bigger throttle body plus if I change the injector too , should I also change bigger exhaust manifold together to balance the air ?? hmm...makes sense

What is mean by port n polish engine head ? bore them bigger ? bore=bigger hole; polish=better flow

4g93 cam need modified to fit in 4g91 or not ? its plug n play...but i dun feel much diff with this mod

What is the high cam side effect since u all told me not to install . did anyone told u not to install?? well....i choose not to comment...coz din do tis mod....

If I did not change to other cam , can I still install adjustable cam pulley ??? yes

4g92 / 93 block fit 4g91 ?? change over size piston need to bore the block ah ??? yeah...both 92/93 block fits....to fit oversize pistons into ur 91 block sure hav to bore la.....

what is mean by piggyback or standalone ??? piggyback=used to "cheat" ur stock ecu; standalone=replace ur stock ecu

Money matter is can be discuss and consider , I not very poor n not very rich , just middle, if I just go to the mechanic and ask him install everythings then pay is no meaning , learn nothing , better I go buy a new power car . just want to know what those thngs function . Sorry for asking back all your question because I just learn , still a noob . Everythngs start from zero . Hope you all teach me .
i dun mean to be rude la....
just that i feel u really need to read more n try to search for more info urself....
u cant expect everyone here to spoon feed u wif information....

cheers,

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
i dun mean to be rude la....
just that i feel u really need to read more n try to search for more info urself....
u cant expect everyone here to spoon feed u wif information....

cheers,
all i can say is... everyone was once a begineer.... someone had to start somewhere...

skytech

500 RPM
Feb 19, 2008
haha, Neverymind , i can acept as i still a beginer , not i no read , just if i really duno what is that , read also no understand ma , so i ask at here ma , hahah , okok , thanks for that . :burnout:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

what is the function of a bullet in a car's exhaust? make the car more powerful o what?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience