Is this feasible?

soggie

Known Member
Oct 26, 2004
Hi, I'm thinkin of getting a stock UK spec (ABS + airbag, CD player) satria 1.6, then mod it with mivec head and so on, dunno if its feasible. My target is 165 hp... and sufficient torque to play with - my goal is max handling capability.

A few questions:

1) what should i do, step by step, to mod a stock satria to a mivec beast?
2) on handling, what kind of options do i have to strengten the chasis? Autofoam? Crosswelding?
3) is there an exhaust that breaths well at all rpm ranges, but isn't as noisy as a lorry on full pedal?
4) what's the difference between mivec and mivec md? Heard the latter is tuned for fuel consumption...

Thanks!

tajulsans

1,000 RPM
Jul 31, 2004
Soo Bang
1. get a complete mivec head with its intake, wiring, ecu if possible.. but if u only get the head, then use a shift light or RSM to activate mivec.
2. u must ask urself, to what extend do u want to strengthen ur car chassis.. if u r realy into high speed cornering then full body strengthening should be done.. be it crosswelding and foam injection.. if u r only into dragging, then simple mods is good enough.. mayb some strutt bar..
3. a good exhaust for all rpm range and quiet?? probably the standard muffler qua..
4. mivec MD will only utilise 2 cylinder for iddling instead of 4.. but look for the normal mivec la.. more power..

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
even with turbo engines u can have very good handling. u just need to send the car to the right people. ;)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hii all....

Currently i'm using Michiba 4350K/55w (Super White) bulbs in my headlamp. However, izzit will damage the plastic cover and reflector of the headlamp (plastic type) for long term use??Hope someone can give advice. :angel_smile:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience