In car PC & HUD

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
Sep 15, 2006
Hi,

I'm soon to be in receipt of a Suzuki Vitara - not the best of cars i know, but beggars can't be choosers.

Basically, it's got an amp, sub, alpine MP3/iPod player, but i want to go a lot further than this.

I'd like to know if anyone has a built in computer (not a car computer, a real one, like "Shuttle" which do small cube PC's). http://www.microdirect.co.uk/productinfo.aspx?ProductID=14767&GroupID=0

It'll be running Windows XP, and i'll have GPS, audio/video and possibly internet access. I'll also have a heads up display to view the PC output (supplied by a projector mounted in the centre of the roof, and a semi-transparent screen near the rear view mirror). I would prefer not to mount the PC near the sub, due to the magnetic interference, and the vibrations. I don't yet know if this will go under any of the seats or if i can just stick it under the bonnet.

I need to know how do i supply this computer with a power source, i could consider buying one of the 12V - 240V adapters you can plug into a cigarette lighter, but i'd rather wire this into the car, obviously the computer runs on 240V so how is this accomplished? Also, are there any housings i can use, like a sub housing filled with foam to avoid destroying the computer if i take a speed bump too hard.

It's pretty much just a step up from a PS2, it just does more and it's not going on LCD, it's projected instead. I'd like info from anyone who has this setup, due to the components within the computer not being very shock resistant.

Any help would be appreciated. This is my first car and i have big plans. It's not going to be a boy racer car, i just want a good ICE and a PC as well.

Danny.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Ello guys,just recently converted to Mira L200s. No Blow off valve.
I've a question regarding the small hose connected to the air filter box. A fren of mine suggested that i cabut the hose from the box and then connect a breather to it.
Wats the difference between connecting the hose to the box or a breather? Besides louder keppish,keppish(when connected to a breather)? Like, are there any drawbacks?
Thanks in advance. :)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience