Hydraulic Lifters for 4G93T

gsr-sam

Known Member
Sep 10, 2005
PJ
Sifu's out there....need some advise....i intend to replace the hydraulic lifters in my 4G93T with new ones from the proton 4g93 NA...would there be any diffrence? how about the durabiity? Thanks in advance...

AlucarD

1,000 RPM
Jan 15, 2004
RM55 satu - Proton Part center OEM 4G93. Get the performance one :)

tonytony

Known Member
Apr 11, 2004
if its making tik tik tik noise...its not the lifters (unless ur engine has been overheated and seized prior to this). NOTE: Hydraulic lifters are an ingenious design and RARELY fail.

problem lies with oil pump...specifically relief valve spring. Spring tension low resulting in oil flowing back to oil pan and top engine starved of oil resulting in lifters collapsed.

I've solved mine on a mazda engine.

AlucarD

1,000 RPM
Jan 15, 2004
Jun, no they are OEM. Performance/aftermarket ones have to order/buy elsewhere.

Mitsu lifters are well known for their ticking noise. From 1st gens all the way to the latest evos. Its just a flaw/quirk of the engine. My current motor has over 7bar of oil pressure at full flight and 2bar at idle and it still tick and thats with a big oil cooler. It can be solved buy getting updated lifters with the 3mm opening. This was proven when these was installed on a frens car recently. Super quiet can only hear the fan running. :)

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
alucard, dat big oil cooler is decreasing the oil pressure to the head. where do u tap the sensor for the oil pressure meter? i think its an oil pump problem also, as mine isnt ticking on revv, just a lil on idle jer

AlucarD

1,000 RPM
Jan 15, 2004
xtremeleo, its not an oil pump problem if you have sufficient pressure when driving. Just the lifters. Mitsu is well documented and common to have low oil pressure at idle and I've been living with mine for years without probs to then engine. Even if you have a new uprated pump it is still the same oil pressure la. Tried that.

For that oil cooler my car's oil pump housing has a thermostat. So oil pressure when cold is not an issue. ;)

contreasjun27

9,000 RPM
Oct 21, 2004
subang
Visit site
Jun, no they are OEM. Performance/aftermarket ones have to order/buy elsewhere.

Mitsu lifters are well known for their ticking noise. From 1st gens all the way to the latest evos. Its just a flaw/quirk of the engine. My current motor has over 7bar of oil pressure at full flight and 2bar at idle and it still tick and thats with a big oil cooler. It can be solved buy getting updated lifters with the 3mm opening. This was proven when these was installed on a frens car recently. Super quiet can only hear the fan running. :)
any idea on where to purchase this lifters? coz i need them badly at the moment cant stand the noise. Everytime I rev trickliimggggg sound so annoying...haha like my engine gonna blow like that haha

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
any idea on where to purchase this lifters? coz i need them badly at the moment cant stand the noise. Everytime I rev trickliimggggg sound so annoying...haha like my engine gonna blow like that haha
Jun, These are the lifters Bro Alucard is mentioning...

Check the website below
http://www.meek.com.au/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=168

AlucarD

1,000 RPM
Jan 15, 2004
Muahahah... speed2H you still remember the link to meek.

Anyway, Jun. These are in AUD and they are gonna be quite expensive now since AUD is 3x MYR. That excludes shipping. I got a few sets for myself and my bros last time. The folks in Meek is nice they will ship to you.

contreasjun27

9,000 RPM
Oct 21, 2004
subang
Visit site
Muahahah... speed2H you still remember the link to meek.

Anyway, Jun. These are in AUD and they are gonna be quite expensive now since AUD is 3x MYR. That excludes shipping. I got a few sets for myself and my bros last time. The folks in Meek is nice they will ship to you.
How much is the shipping fee bro? Coz my
sister is there but she is coming back on Tuesday aiks so rush don't know manage to ask her get for me or not. If by shipping how long do it takes to ship it to Msia bro?

AlucarD

1,000 RPM
Jan 15, 2004
How long depends on $$ la.. overnight also can!! :slug: Eh, Benny ask your sis to order for you from Oz and bring back la. Save shipping and tax.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys,

I'm upgrading the brake pads (front and back) on my stock 4-pot caliper Brembo braking system.

I need suggestions, pricing & where to buy (prefferably in the northern region)

Looking for something reasonably priced, BUT has to be definately better than my stock Brembo system.

Not really upgrading, it's just that my brake pads died :) and i need to get replacements!

Thanks in advanced!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience