How's the Nissan Syphilis?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Full tank 40L, reasonable sensible driving 540km city driving. My style of driving 450km city driving.

So that's about 11km/L to 13km/L.

Haven't taken her outstation yet so dunno about highway. Anyway that's not bad for a 2.0L
Yup, for 2.0L is damn good FC.....

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Not the new Sylphy, G11 model. Meaning pre-facelift and 2.0L

Swapped out 17" rims Did a complete full service on all oils and spark plugs, DIY of course. Freaking idiotic design. To remove spark plugs I need to drain coolant, remove intake manifold and throttle body and all intake plastic bits. !@)#(!)&%@(#*!(&%@#()$*!

The CVT isn't the smooth ass CVT that you'd be expecting. When driving around (in normal mode) aggressively you can feel the torque pull when flooring it. In sports mode the engine is more revvy and gear changes are more aggressive. Quite torquey engine.

But because of the leather seats and overall weight of the car, no butt cheek clenching cornering cause it's quite comfy. The interesting thing is I can do the same type of cornering speeds as my Wira with all the bars and suspension mods. I haven't quite dared to push the Sylphy yet, haven't quite sorted out the brakes yet. Waiting to get the 4-pots installed.

Exciting? Not really. The sheer weight of the car kinda dulls all sensations from the road and engine noise is almost non-existent. Driving at 160km/h feels like 110km/h in my Wira.

Do I like it? Not really. But can't complain la. It's torquey, comfortable, goddam spacious and quiet.

It's goddam boring. I've almost dozed off a few times driving it. Aftermarket support for the car is almost non-existent too.

Shares parts with Livina and Latio (Says a lot about the excitement of the car) and interestingly shares the same rotors as the Wira 1.6. Dammit.. my Wira had bigger brakes than this car.

Mixed feelings overall. Comfortable and surprisingly handles well with stock suspension and all. Boring because it's lifeless. EPS, quiet cabin and almost no road feel. Basically the plus points is the negative points la.

Oh and gb goes into 'limp' mode if I overheat it. Like driving 160km/h for more than 20 minutes, it'll cut out the power and limit it to 90km/h until the GB cools down. I'm researching ATF cooler alternatives as the way it's designed, it's sort of impossible to install an aftermarket standard ATF cooler.

Lastly... I'm seriously looking forward to pitting this car against SupraFans Altis/Mira in that drag race I'm trying to arrange. :biggrin:

---------- Post added at 10:56 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

What drone? I didn't hear any drone at all.

and 110km/h is 2k rpm so I rarely drive 3k rpm. But I don't recall any droning noise la.
What, to change plug have to do all that??? Then how much to pay if send to workshop? Must be bloody ridiculous service price leh!

What to expect from a so called uncle car la, of course comfort an unexciting driving experience. I'm also getting bored with my Mark X, feels too slow, need to do something to inject more excitement into it.

4 pot? Nice!

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
What CVT car drones at 3k RPM?
Proton Preve / Supramaniam S CVT Tebo.

Wait that's not a car, that's a piece of shit.

What, to change plug have to do all that??? Then how much to pay if send to workshop? Must be bloody ridiculous service price leh!

What to expect from a so called uncle car la, of course comfort an unexciting driving experience. I'm also getting bored with my Mark X, feels too slow, need to do something to inject more excitement into it.

4 pot? Nice!
I trade you my boat, it FEELS FAST, especially making a corner, so fast its almost defying gravity to the point it almost topple over.

You're in luck I am looking for something that feels slow, I offer you a 1 to 1 straight up trade no cash involved. My turbocharged boat for your Mark X.

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
full tank 40L so little? Does that includes reserve level? Cannot be 40L lah...my tortoise is 40L and new dugong is 42L...
Yeah well, the light comes on and I go pump. 40 to 42L at most. Averages out to 40L. I'm sure there's more that can go in but I'm not entirely used to the car yet, don't dare push it.

Outside mechs charge RM270 for the plugs and probably another RM60 for the workmanship. Coolant outside is probably RM35 for Nissan longlife. Nissan will charge up to RM400 for everything, checked! I bought the plugs RM200 totally and RM22 for coolant, DIY job that took 4 hours including stopping for breaks and photographs. Ok la. I'm never sending to a mech, ever.

And excitement takde kan? I totally know what you feel man. Jom share share buy a weekend track car and mod the crap out of it. Hehe

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

4 pot? Nice!
That is why no end to modding. Got used to the power wants more and more......:biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
That is why no end to modding. Got used to the power wants more and more......:biggrin:
If engine limit reached already, nothing much to do lor. For turbo, different abit since hp can go very high regardless of the low displacement. :biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Yeah well, the light comes on and I go pump. 40 to 42L at most. Averages out to 40L. I'm sure there's more that can go in but I'm not entirely used to the car yet, don't dare push it.

Outside mechs charge RM270 for the plugs and probably another RM60 for the workmanship. Coolant outside is probably RM35 for Nissan longlife. Nissan will charge up to RM400 for everything, checked! I bought the plugs RM200 totally and RM22 for coolant, DIY job that took 4 hours including stopping for breaks and photographs. Ok la. I'm never sending to a mech, ever.

And excitement takde kan? I totally know what you feel man. Jom share share buy a weekend track car and mod the crap out of it. Hehe
I heard is not good to wait till light shows up only pump petrol? Will damage the fuel pump no?

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Neon lights...LED of 10 diff colours...Bodykit....stickers and vinyls....GT wings....eye lids....big ass chrome aluminum grille....2 x 6" mufflers....

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I heard is not good to wait till light shows up only pump petrol? Will damage the fuel pump no?
Not on modern cars and the way the fuel tank is designed. Usually when low fuel still have a few litres in the tank.

This is of course not including track cars which pulls high G-force around the corners.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Not on modern cars and the way the fuel tank is designed. Usually when low fuel still have a few litres in the tank.

This is of course not including track cars which pulls high G-force around the corners.
Some cars like my kancil dont have low fuel indicator have to just monitor on the speedo. But no idea how far more it can go :rofl:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
If you watched that Top Gear episode where they each drove 3 different cars, Jag was Jeremy Clarksons choice, May drove a small eco car and Hammond a mid-sized car, each were given a full tank and told to drive one ridiculously far place. Clarksons Jag had 100miles more fuel even though the light was on and flashing.

In my old Wira I had 50km easily before it would start to sputter and choke.

It's only bad for the fuel pump when your fuel line is completely dry.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
If you watched that Top Gear episode where they each drove 3 different cars, Jag was Jeremy Clarksons choice, May drove a small eco car and Hammond a mid-sized car, each were given a full tank and told to drive one ridiculously far place. Clarksons Jag had 100miles more fuel even though the light was on and flashing.

In my old Wira I had 50km easily before it would start to sputter and choke.

It's only bad for the fuel pump when your fuel line is completely dry.
So cars like my kancil, if i want to push it further but no light indicator for low fuel, when do we know that my car is really too low to go any further? I mean for cars that no indicator.

Just dont answer me like "Till when you car cant move is when u know ur car no fuel" :rofl:

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

Few times scared myself with blinking indicator.
Hard corner abit no more blink :laugh:
Then blink again

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Few times scared myself with blinking indicator.
Hard corner abit no more blink :laugh:
Then blink again
Yours okay. My mira lagi scary. Almost reach E. But when go up hill suddenly empty. Then when straight road back to normal. Then uneven road less a bit. Then when really flat road. Okay that's the real indicator. Now I understand then not scared la LOL!

Last time like got fuel or no fuel now? LOL

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
hahaha, better top up petrol before the tank goes really empty.

If the fuel line goes empty and air got sucked into the line and air bubble goes to the injection system...you'll know the excitement waiting for you at the car workshop...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hello boys and girls... i need to get GT Wing mounts custom made for my car.

i wanna make it similar to the J's Racing EG6 GT Wing.

J's Racing 3D GT Wing Wet Carbon 1350mm Civic EG6 SiR Hatchback DGW1-H3 In Stock!

anyone know where i can get it made? some contact info etc would be nice.

preferably shah alam/ subang/ PJ area.

thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience