How's the Nissan Syphilis?

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Sorry, I got issues with spelling.

So yeah, thoughts about this car? Yes this thread is directed at an individual who recently contracted STD. Our very own izso!

Is the CVT boring?
Does the cornering ability makes you clench your butt cheeks?
Does the engine drone constantly being maintained ~3000rpm for peak torque by the CVT?

Tell us more!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Ya, especially the FC. Something like travelling at high speed but RPM was only at 1800rpm from what I recall. Can't remember the speed.

He is happy with the FC and the door slamming sound is too quiet that he said is boring and the sound from my mira door slamming sounds better :bawling:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
So Izso got the new Sylphy? Nice looking car, and there's a Nismo styling kit which makes it look really2 mean!

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Not the new Sylphy, G11 model. Meaning pre-facelift and 2.0L

Swapped out 17" rims Did a complete full service on all oils and spark plugs, DIY of course. Freaking idiotic design. To remove spark plugs I need to drain coolant, remove intake manifold and throttle body and all intake plastic bits. !@)#(!)&%@(#*!(&%@#()$*!

The CVT isn't the smooth ass CVT that you'd be expecting. When driving around (in normal mode) aggressively you can feel the torque pull when flooring it. In sports mode the engine is more revvy and gear changes are more aggressive. Quite torquey engine.

But because of the leather seats and overall weight of the car, no butt cheek clenching cornering cause it's quite comfy. The interesting thing is I can do the same type of cornering speeds as my Wira with all the bars and suspension mods. I haven't quite dared to push the Sylphy yet, haven't quite sorted out the brakes yet. Waiting to get the 4-pots installed.

Exciting? Not really. The sheer weight of the car kinda dulls all sensations from the road and engine noise is almost non-existent. Driving at 160km/h feels like 110km/h in my Wira.

Do I like it? Not really. But can't complain la. It's torquey, comfortable, goddam spacious and quiet.

It's goddam boring. I've almost dozed off a few times driving it. Aftermarket support for the car is almost non-existent too.

Shares parts with Livina and Latio (Says a lot about the excitement of the car) and interestingly shares the same rotors as the Wira 1.6. Dammit.. my Wira had bigger brakes than this car.

Mixed feelings overall. Comfortable and surprisingly handles well with stock suspension and all. Boring because it's lifeless. EPS, quiet cabin and almost no road feel. Basically the plus points is the negative points la.

Oh and gb goes into 'limp' mode if I overheat it. Like driving 160km/h for more than 20 minutes, it'll cut out the power and limit it to 90km/h until the GB cools down. I'm researching ATF cooler alternatives as the way it's designed, it's sort of impossible to install an aftermarket standard ATF cooler.

Lastly... I'm seriously looking forward to pitting this car against SupraFans Altis/Mira in that drag race I'm trying to arrange. :biggrin:

---------- Post added at 10:56 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

Does the engine drone constantly being maintained ~3000rpm for peak torque by the CVT?
What drone? I didn't hear any drone at all.

and 110km/h is 2k rpm so I rarely drive 3k rpm. But I don't recall any droning noise la.

Last edited:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Izso, if you don't mind me saying this, but it sounded like you like your Wira more than this new ride. No offence.

nyne

Known Member
May 21, 2013
selangor

Swapped out 17" rims Did a complete full service on all oils and spark plugs, DIY of course. Freaking idiotic design. To remove spark plugs I need to drain coolant, remove intake manifold and throttle body and all intake plastic bits. !@)#(!)&%@(#*!(&%@#()$*!

The CVT isn't the smooth ass CVT that you'd be expecting. When driving around (in normal mode) aggressively you can feel the torque pull when flooring it. In sports mode the engine is more revvy and gear changes are more aggressive. Quite torquey engine.

But because of the leather seats and overall weight of the car, no butt cheek clenching cornering cause it's quite comfy. The interesting thing is I can do the same type of cornering speeds as my Wira with all the bars and suspension mods. I haven't quite dared to push the Sylphy yet, haven't quite sorted out the brakes yet. Waiting to get the 4-pots installed.

Exciting? Not really. The sheer weight of the car kinda dulls all sensations from the road and engine noise is almost non-existent. Driving at 160km/h feels like 110km/h in my Wira.

Do I like it? Not really. But can't complain la. It's torquey, comfortable, goddam spacious and quiet.

It's goddam boring. I've almost dozed off a few times driving it. Aftermarket support for the car is almost non-existent too.

Shares parts with Livina and Latio (Says a lot about the excitement of the car) and interestingly shares the same rotors as the Wira 1.6. Dammit.. my Wira had bigger brakes than this car.

Mixed feelings overall. Comfortable and surprisingly handles well with stock suspension and all. Boring because it's lifeless. EPS, quiet cabin and almost no road feel. Basically the plus points is the negative points la.

Oh and gb goes into 'limp' mode if I overheat it. Like driving 160km/h for more than 20 minutes, it'll cut out the power and limit it to 90km/h until the GB cools down. I'm researching ATF cooler alternatives as the way it's designed, it's sort of impossible to install an aftermarket standard ATF cooler.

Lastly... I'm seriously looking forward to pitting this car against SupraFans Altis/Mira in that drag race I'm trying to arrange. :biggrin:

---------- Post added at 10:56 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

and 110km/h is 2k rpm so I rarely drive 3k rpm. But I don't recall any droning noise la.
same thing happens to my mum's Teana 3.5. We drove around 220km/h for about 15mins at 5000rpm, the computer cuts off at 160km/h. My dad was like "WTF??!!, potong steam" hahaha

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Izso, if you don't mind me saying this, but it sounded like you like your Wira more than this new ride. No offence.
Unless it's a 2-door based car, very few cars will be "better" than my Wira. Hahahaha! (Better in my eyes and heart la. Literally, a lot of cars will eat my Wira for breakfast lunch and dinner)

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

same thing happens to my mum's Teana 3.5. We drove around 220km/h for about 15mins at 5000rpm, the computer cuts off at 160km/h. My dad was like "WTF??!!, potong steam" hahaha
Kanasai.. 160km/h also wanna complain? :thefinger:

The Teana should come with a gearbox cooler as standard. I'm surprised it cut off at all

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
He is what.
I shall not sell my car then. :biggrin:

Unless it's a 2-door based car, very few cars will be "better" than my Wira. Hahahaha! (Better in my eyes and heart la. Literally, a lot of cars will eat my Wira for breakfast lunch and dinner)

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

The Teana should come with a gearbox cooler as standard. I'm surprised it cut off at all
Because Wira is lightweight compared to Sylphy. Manual also...

I agree with you in your earlier post. Earlier this year, my friend brought me for a ride in his bro's FD Civic 2.0. Was trying to show the car's power in sport mode with paddle shifter. Sure, the car is faster than my stock Wira. But I told my friend, the Civic can go fast but it seems slow. Gearchange feels like nothing compared to the jolt you get when you change gears in Wira and the engine seems quiet for Civic. Reach 5000rpm also can say feel like quiet and the sound is muffled. Wira if rev until over 3000 rpm, can feel excited already. Technically, Civic is faster but it doesn't feel fast. :hmmmm:

nyne

Known Member
May 21, 2013
selangor

hahaha we were otw balik kampung and my dad was chasing BMW E66, suddenly it made this weird sound for like 10s. Sound like the car on supercharger mode. but in the end, it slowly cut the speed. my dad press the pedal twice, nothng hppn. so we cruising at 160km/h, cant do anythng much.

---------- Post added at 11:41 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:37 AM ----------

i think all Nissan now have this cut off power issue when you pressure the car to much. Maybe they made the car not for speeding or high rev.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Waiting to get the 4-pots installed.
So brake, much pot, wow.

So 160km/h is also at 2k rpm?
This is what you call tokkok!

I was wondering if the engine sounds drone-ish or the CVT got sound.

But really? 4 pot? Overkill much? The rear brakes not disc brakes?

dimes18

Jun 12, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

I haven't change spark plugs though, planning too.. i can see the hassle there..
Saw from other forums the long runner intake manifold improves torque..
did you do a idle relearn after the throttle body cleaning? I have done the Idle relearn, other wise the idle is bouncing from 1000 to 2700rpm :hmmmm:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
cvt is fun when driving relaxed mode/ cruising highway no matter what speed....as well as conserving fuel and smooth driving

but in pure acceleration/deceleration or performance....nahhhhhhhh.... :banghead:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

:D :lol: :D :lol:

Trying for largest exhaust in Malaysian Book of Records...

Nice ah ?

Fitted on Nissan Sunny 130Y.
Will add flame thrower later..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience