how to stick 3rd brake light

panaroL

Known Member
Apr 6, 2005
it may seem silly but i cant stick my new 3rd brake light [bought at abang's shop at setapak] to the rear window of my wira a/b
ive tried using the stock double sided that came with the light..n after few hours it tanggal. i try using new strong double sided from hardware shop.oso tanggal. then i use UHU glue...n then i got pissed n use superglue gam gajah! the friggin light just wont stay stuck to my rear window.

yes. during diy i did press very tightly on the light to make sure the glue or tape bonds...at lis 2 3 mins i hold. then i put selotape on it so have extra support. it stays for a while. yet still tanggal. best was after pasang one night, tmorrow balik keje oredi fall off..
hhelp im pissed..huhuuhu :X-:

Maxx

2,000 RPM
Feb 17, 2005
PD-Putrajaya-KL
www.zerotohundred.com
do u clean ur screen first?
maybe got oil stain/dust. wipe the screen clean. try using dish washing liquid soap and then wipe dry.

gti[GSR]

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
my friend has 30 units of HELLA 3rd break lights,,,, anybody interested, can ask me.... clearing stock...

netmatrix

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
P Jaya:Malaysia
kh_tan.tripod.com
First you clean the rear glass again. This time u must use thinner or glue remover to remove the supa glue u used. Hopefully you don't damage thye rear demister.

Next you need to buy 3M automotive double sided tape. You can find this at spareparts shop or from some hardware shops. Its dark grey in color and cost about RM18. I tried so many brands of black outdoor double sided tape, but none of them can last heat/cold/humidity and dust as good as the 3M one.

Remove the old damaged/ useless tape from the brake light. Further remove with thinner if you cannot get the glue off. Next use soap water and clean the area before you stick the 3M tape. Even if the tape is small strips, you can align them together to make a big piece.

Clean the glass with soap water, leave dry. Then fix the brake light. If done correctly should last forever. hahaha.

The 3M double sided tape damn good i used it to replace the double sided tape of the car flag poles. I tell you the flag torn to bits, but the pole still stucks there!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I had a Saga and had met an accident recently til the right side of the front bumper torn down a bit with the hood dented. A friend of mine who drove a Viva just now, just drove up a concrete pole leftover in the grass while parking and had the left side front bumper misaligned with minor scratches. So now, I'm asking sifus around if I am to make my car and my friend's around how much will it cost? One thing for sure, my bumper screw tube already pecah and so i suspect on my friend's car...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience