How to eliminate water stains on window glass?

nd4ever

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
KL, PJ & S'ban
www.facebook.com
Yo morning guys, i'm wondering how to heck to eliminate water stains that occured usually on the front windscreen, rear windscreen & all windows glasses on our car?

My fiancee's Vios & Waja started to have this bloody annoying problem since a year ago & i'm still searching for the best possible solution to deal with it. I've tried sending it for polish at those car spray painting shops & still it wont even last for 3 months! Macipet! Fedup edi ler.

So anyone of u guys can share some ideas to deal with this particular problem? Thanx & i appreciated it a lot buddies! ;) :)

gabanzz

Feb 19, 2006
same problem as mine. i used 'autosol' to remove it. (the one like a toothpaste)

autosol:

'http://www.noelsautoparts.com.au/Autosol%20Products.htm'

nd4ever

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
KL, PJ & S'ban
www.facebook.com
Hmmm........ i've tried autosol to deal with the problem but still, it wont last long enough. In less than 4 months, the damn water stains keep coming back. Dammit! :angry_smile:

Anymore ideas? Anyone? :Not_Impressed:

LeChuCk

Known Member
Mar 7, 2006
used to have this problem as well...and when it's raining it's hard for the wiper to clean the screen as it'll streak pretty badly..i sent my car to the car grooming service and they managed to get the water stain out...costed me ard RM40 and they used some sort of solution which was pretty powerful...now back to OK...good stuff

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
my problem appear at side mirror. where can i get autosol ?gabanzz, is it the metal polishing? there are 2 toolpaste in the website. :p

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Autosol first until nice-nice, then fast-fast stick tinting film on the effected surface....

nd4ever

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
KL, PJ & S'ban
www.facebook.com
LeChuCk, which car grooming center that u sent ur car to rectify the water stains? I noticed that u r from Penang rite? Errr....... i'm located in KL area ler buddy. :shades_smile:

RM40 is bloody cheap just to rectify the problem as i'm tired & fedup with it edi. Such a new car also kena, even my fiancee's new Sentra starting to show up signs of water stains spots on the door windows. Dammit! :angry_smile:

Mikhai

Nov 12, 2005
Try vinegar with water, 1 to 1 ratio.

My friend's new wira got same problem. EON use some kind of chemical to clean it. It works, but not 100% clean, still a bit stain, but very minimal.

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
First thing you should do, DO NOT use Rain-X.

From my previous experience, Rain X is the main culprit that causes watermarks. I had a similar problem too, but i just stopped using it and after many many car washes over a period of time, it just goes off.

Alternatively, you could use those soap powder. Fab of something that is strong enough and wash the windscreen, it'll help abit. Again, you must wash it a couple of time before it slowly wears off.

You could use something stronger like alcohol/thinner to remove but you must be very very careful not to put too much coz you might end up scrubbing off your car paint instead.

martinchan

1,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2005
Ipoh
Yup! agree with gabazz

using autosol

but there is a trick!

by using autosol but not with your hand, it is no use on it!!!!!

first apply some autosol on your windows, whole of your windows, then here is important, you have to polish the window with a polisher mechine but not with your own hand. exsample polisher like those driller. have to go to metel shop buy those polisher span. ( around RM5 only )

at least 3 times to polish.

my car window like new after polish it. learn it from tinted shop. heheh

earl-ku

Known Member
Mar 6, 2006
kukujiao.com
youocan get autosol from any hardware shop or supermarket or hypermarkey or diy shop

cost you less than RM10 for a tube

especko

Oct 9, 2004
hey what about those watermark on the side mirror? I heard that you can't use chemical to clear it or something. any explaination for it? thanks.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The Aussies done it again! Marty and MOOG builds the cheapest DIY stereo (perhaps in the world too) with only 50 Aussie dollars, equilavent to about RM150 in Malaysia. Check out how this is accomplished and this is no shody job either!

YouTube - ‪Worlds Cheapest DIY Car Stereo (SE03 EP09)‬‏
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience