How to DIY adjustable coilovers?

BoxCarRacer

500 RPM
May 7, 2008
Johor Bahru
hi melvin,

I think probably all spanner are the same i guess. Have you tried searching at the halfcut shop? or try posting it in WTB thread.

contreasjun27

9,000 RPM
Oct 21, 2004
subang
Visit site
hey guys, wanna ask u all. i lost my adjustable adjuster spanar.. anyone know where to buy? are all spanars universal? or different adjustable uses diff spanar to adjust?
thanks!
nope it is not universal. Because I tried once before, you can still use the different adjuster to adjust but it will take a longer time to do because it is not fit directly to the adjuster

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
hey guys, wanna ask u all. i lost my adjustable adjuster spanar.. anyone know where to buy? are all spanars universal? or different adjustable uses diff spanar to adjust?
thanks!
1 strong screw driver, 1 hammer...
Gao dim... Just my preference alternative...

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
haha...screwdriver and hammer does it quickly...

but better use the tool......so the soft adjuster collar wouldn't calar-calar heavily.... :biggrin:

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006

but better use the tool......so the soft adjuster collar wouldn't calar-calar heavily.... :biggrin:
Haha... Yeah, too much adjusting can cause the gear to worn off too...but I just find the tool isn't tight enough...

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
My preference, hard front springs with medium compression(if 30+ clicks, means around 15-17, and if got rebound, middle to hard. Depending on preference, and bump steer.

Rear, soft springs, low-mid compression, low to mid rebound, will cause body roll more than standard with low setting, so use the low setting with bigger arb. Afaik, this is quite a common setting for FF hondas,

Ride height, i'd still do the corner weight to get them right, I don't quite agree with the lower rear end though, since if there's no problem, only rear will be lower during acceleration, during parking, should be level.

contreasjun27

9,000 RPM
Oct 21, 2004
subang
Visit site

agree with that coz I bought a GAB adjustable but lost my adjuster then borrow my friend HWL adjuster end up take so much time to adjust end up my foremen fed up with it and use screw driver and hammer to finish it within 10 minutes haha...just my experience...

BoxCarRacer

500 RPM
May 7, 2008
Johor Bahru
Finally, Installed my coilovers yesterday. Took me 5 hours to complete the process including wheel alignment. Everything fits perfectly nice. Ride height is set according to my old sports spring setup.

Did not have any problem with pre-load setting & lowering the car down is easy as it seems provided you have greased the thread earlier.

So far so good but I still think that corner weighting is the best way to go.

gsr-sam

Known Member
Sep 10, 2005
PJ
A lot depends on your driving style...and that only you would know....i always setup my own car damping rate and ride height....set the looks than go for test drive at a winding road. Set the front so that it is not so stiff. Than drive around with your own style and target the back to come out a bit for FF car..which is not so easy to feel. tighten the rear damping rate till you feel it balancing with the front. Just my 2 cents anyway.

BoxCarRacer

500 RPM
May 7, 2008
Johor Bahru
gsr-sam,

Thanks for the info bro. The damping rate was originally set at 8 (30-Soft, 0-Hard)which was quite stiff for my liking & daily drive so I decided to set at the maximum softest setting which at 30 clicks for front & rear & went for a trip up & down north/south highway. The verdict, love it! It has both the comfort yet grippy feelings on both tires when cornering. It also does a great job absorbing all vibrations & uneven surface just like a stock suspension would do. Probably i made the right choice by getting a lower spring rate (F6kg/R4kg).

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi, anyone out there know where i can upgrade my waja 1.6 brake? preferably in JB. Coz i found it inefficient during hard braking.

Thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience