How dangerous is this?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Danny

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Dear sifus,

How dangerous is it if a 1cm x 2cm plastic from the spark plug fell inside the spark plug chamber? Tried vacuming it out but it is stuck inside. Do I need to ask a mechanic to open the engine head or can I start the engine?

So happens the old plugs were brittle and some plastic bits fell inside while I was changing plugs today.

Thanks in advance for your advises.

wetwetwater

Known Member
Mar 9, 2004
Puchong
Visit site
hahaha.. if the chewing gum falls into the chamber then how ? LoL....
sorry to be corny. but just in case. i guess with the nx oil change it shud be out. :P

Danny

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
tiu la, really chewing gum stuck inside! have to ask someone to take the head out already.

Danny

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
what is inside the spark plug hole? Is the compartment seperated and sealed? I'm wondering if this can work... fill up the spark plug hole with engine oil until it's full and then drain the oil out.

vestax

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Damansara Heigh
www.fivio.com
how big piece went in the chamber ? if its small then i , im sure it will go out to your exhaust valve , but if its too big then it might harm your turbine fins .

flooding the chamber with oil won't help , and will do more damage if its not being suck fully .

TE27levin

Known Member
Nov 23, 2003
Visit site
Originally posted by Danny@Jul 22 2004, 01:17 AM
tiu la, really chewing gum stuck inside! have to ask someone to take the head out already.
lol..........
dun tell me u chew one pack of gum to stick it out lol... try to start ur engine u will see ur exhaust blowing a bubble lol..
try to use hard metal wire fish it out, no need to open the head u will wasting money to replace the head gasket..
try to turn ur crank up to TDC easier to fish..
good luck..

TE27levin

Known Member
Nov 23, 2003
Visit site
:( :( how come ur plug ceramic will cracked? what i heard ppl running additional injectors or porting the head wrongly it will cause the plug crack due to the fuel direct shot or flow contact to the plug when the plug is hot.
the fuel should shot into the chamber and compress, if it striaght shot to the plug when the plug is damn hot then it will crack..

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
Take out the plug cables and crank the engine

Hope it gets blown out of the combustion chamber through the spark plug well.

carcass

500 RPM
Dec 18, 2003
Malaysia/Japan!
Visit site
Originally posted by Joeker@Jul 22 2004, 11:15 AM
Take out the plug cables and crank the engine

Hope it gets blown out of the combustion chamber through the spark plug well.
yups....agree on this.

Take out all the cables, then crank ur engine.

Hope it'll blow the gum & 'plastic' out.

Danny

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
found the solution already, thanks for all your suggestions. I borrowed some black sticky stuff (the ones that look like blue tec but this black) from the mechanic and used a thin stick to fish out the bubble gum and small ceramic bits. However I coudn't fish out everything. When I started the engine, the affected piston area had some misfiring sound, after awhile the bits flew out of the exhaust and it worked.

On the downside, the bits affected one of the valve so now there is some slight compression leak on the 3rd piston area. Acc to the mech, it will cost approx RM400 to take off the head and replace the valve (I still have some leftover valves from my previous block). So, at the moment it is still bearable, probably running at 90% of its capability. Later when I've found some 4g63 n/a head & manifold then only I'll remove the current one. Might as well do some mods since it's going to be taken out.

coldfish

Known Member
Feb 21, 2004
that's quite expensive just to take off the head and replace the valve.
my foreman took off the head to inspect the gasket and it was perfect. then i asked him to replace 2 of the drive belts. labor only RM20. your valve should not cost you RM350 even if he charges u RM50 for the labor.

Danny

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
can you recommend me to your mech? Are you using a VR4 engine as well?

my labour cost is already RM400, the valves are free coz it is from my spare engine.

ezwong2002

Known Member
Mar 21, 2004
Butterworth, Penang
www.geocities.com
eh... my mech charge RM200 to take off the whole head assembly..thats for GSR lah..including regrinding the valves.. RM20 sure or not? so cheap 1??????? RM20 only remove cam cover ah?

evo3

1,500 RPM
Jul 2, 2004
Visit site
Mech like to cut throat of these GSR engine users....and Evo also...hehehehe...my own experience.... <_<

They sez GSR n EVO so expensive ma...sure got money one..can cut throat..hehehehe :D :D

Danny

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
wtf! who's that la! hahaha

this one FOC also I run away

yolk

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
PJ
Visit site
hgahahhahah ... danny i think ur car doesn't seem to like you so much la .. time for some TLC ... just kidding bro .. glad to know you got the chewing gum out B)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The new Audi A6 has been around for a while now and Audi decides to launch the iconic Avant version, which is the most successful business-class station wagon in Europe. The new Audi is filled with technological marvels. Its lightweight body, large portions of which are made of aluminum, sets new standards, as does the wide selection of assistance and multimedia systems through the use of Audi connect. The...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience