Honda Crz Turbo

KeeSeong

Known Member
Jun 14, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi all sifus out there,

Currently im considering to buy a crz.. but this car previously was a demo car (according to the salesman) not sure wad demo is it hehe.. so tis car already comes with turbocharged and supercharged.. driven less than 10000km and its selling ard 78k (hvt confirm yet).

i quite like tis car as the price is reasonable to me and would like to try turbo car hehe..the dealer also agreed to let me bring tis car check by any car workshop.

My concern is im not sure how much it cost for maintenance it case problems come.. as the car will be used as daily driving car.. and is it true that problems will b lesser if u dun tekan heavily.. but wad if outstation?? can the turbo tahan altho i drive normal? i worried coz heard a lot ppl complaining on turbo car... haizzz

i reli need advise from sifus sifus..every advise r reli appreciated..

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Don't remember any CRZ variants having a turbo. If it has a turbo means already modified. CRZ basically is a hybrid running NA petrol and electric.

KeeSeong

Known Member
Jun 14, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Yaya... tia car already modified by previous owner for demo purpose.. then he sold off to car dealer lo...

KeeSeong

Known Member
Jun 14, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Not very sure leh.. i din ask abt that. normally they give 1 or 2 weeks warranty rite? How long warranty shud i get from them o??

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:39 PM ----------

I worried the reliability of hybrid + TC...

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I worried the reliability of hybrid + TC...
Hybrid, if previous owner did not do anything, should be ok. Only worried what he did to turbo/super charge the engine. BOT what boost, did he lower the compression, change to turbo parts etc. etc.
BOT without changing to forged parts you may have reliability issues later especially running higher boost. You need to check all this....:rolleyes:

KeeSeong

Known Member
Jun 14, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Ooo.. okok.. i will ask the mods from the previous owner..

The dealer give me 2 to 3 weeks warranty..
Js now tested the car.. feel ok in terms of the transmission n the engine.. not sure how much the car boosting so i js press not too heavy lo.
Js the problem on d brake.. got sound when braking not sure is it brake pad finished.

And the adjustable suspension... v bumpy haha mayb too long nvr use adjustable abit not used to it.

Jac83

Known Member
Apr 29, 2007
I'll advice u do a bit of reading and study on how an originally NA is turbocharged. Besides u need to know how to maintain a turbo charged car even more so since this is a BOT instead of originally turbo engine. Go read some on how to maintain a BOT especially on the oil change, temperature reading, boost level and etc before jumping into buying it. Otherwise you will only burn more money for repairs when u encounter issues or problems of which can be prevented should u know of it earlier before it happened.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I'm surprised no one is talking about the twin charge. He said it's both super and turbo charged.

If that really is the case, the car is very heavily modified and will probably need engine management (standalone). If you're an enthusiast and know your way around cars, it's probably an interesting car to buy. But if you're a newbie, it'll be a nightmare of a car to look after since you don't know what was done to the car to have this sort of modification.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Oh! I miss that. I thought TS not sure turbo or super, read too fast.....hhahahhahahha

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
This one need to get ST1l opinion. Had experienced in Turbocharged CRZ before.

KeeSeong

Known Member
Jun 14, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I further noted tis car went up to magazine b4 and i read the modifications i think shud b only TC la... not SC inside.. to further ask the workshop later.. and its bolt on without modified the internal.. hyvrid is still runnning.. clutch remain original.. js changed the stock injector, hondata ecu.

The engine was running smoothly. Tested the car was ok leh.. boosting level not sure.. i think less than 1.0 bar..

I wonder when i bring the car for checking, how they check wherher the internal is still running normally? I don think they will open the head n check??

But thanks for all the comments..hehe

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
If BOT they should have added thick head gasket to reduce the compression. Then boost should be low since internal not changed. Boost like 0.4 to 0.5. Higher boost can but internals won't last. Better check properly

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

If first impressions weighed in more than a blonde’s opinion on the gross national product of a third world nation, the Volkswagen Scirocco 1.4 TSI would certainly leave more than just a lasting impression in your gleaming eyes.

Next to the Golf that it’s based on, it looks a whole lot better, like Megan Fox next to Ashlee Simpson, attractive nonetheless but just not quite up to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience