Help needed for FM222 gearbox

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
normally the pv6 autobox has to be installed immediately once removed from other car, if left unattended for a long time, problems will persists...same goes for sei gbox.

neuro, so how? u must refund the buyer?

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
should have told him only 5 days warranty rite..then your safe...
cos y did he left the gbox sitting there for a week? anything might happen....even the mech could swap the internals...& claim its faulty

where is your gbox now?

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
i gave him 3 days warranty after he install it in his car.
after 1 week, i thought ok la.
then he called me saying he just installed the gb and condition not good.
what to do..
actually i ask him to install at AG (becoz AG installs and took out the gb for me) but he says that he got a reliable workshop.
sudah la. perkara lepas..

i got the gb from JerungV6.
only install it for 3 days, then my engine main bearing buat hal, that made me change to rvr. so wanted sell the gb la to give the money to Jerung.
so give back the gb to JerungV6 la. kesian him.. gb cantik gila..

Last edited:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
thats the problem...dunno the problem genuine anot.......
if install at AG, sure they will rectify the problem...if install other wshops we wont know wat they do behind us.......they remove the parts & replace with faulty ones then blame us for selling them fauty gbox.....thats the risk we have to take......
summore not all workshops have the capability to intall it....

maybe need to overhaul it back & put it up for sale again......

edwardgth

Known Member
Feb 20, 2007
The bushings didn't cause much. It was within 50

---------- Post added at 07:43 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:32 AM ----------

The one thing I noticed about auto trannies is that if you are able to find a reliable person to overhaul for you, the gb will last. Like my last gb, it was overhauled for the third time when I bought the car 5 years back. I never had to do anything to it except to maintain the ATF. Back then, I trashed the gb a lot but I changed the ATF at every service intervals and it has carried me through without problems for the last 5 years when I felt the tranny has reached it's end.

So my theory is this, if the ATF is well taken care off, then the tranny will be less problematic. Mechanics will always tell you that the ATF needs to be replaced every 10 to 20k done but I think that it actually depends on your driving style. Like me, I'm a hard driver and with the ATF cooler installed, I still feel that with my driving style, the ATF will lose it's effectiveness due to the stress and heat generated from all the hard driving and that is why I change it at every service intervals together with the ATF filter.

Just my 2 cents.

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
thats the problem...dunno the problem genuine anot.......
if install at AG, sure they will rectify the problem...if install other wshops we wont know wat they do behind us.......they remove the parts & replace with faulty ones then blame us for selling them fauty gbox.....thats the risk we have to take......
summore not all workshops have the capability to intall it....

maybe need to overhaul it back & put it up for sale again......
that's why. i think i learned a lesson there and maybe for lan_eterna too coz i kinda accidentally dragged him into this. haha..
anyways, Jerung already overhauled it to it's former glory and sold it already.

---------- Post added at 08:39 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:33 AM ----------

The bushings didn't cause much. It was within 50

---------- Post added at 07:43 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:32 AM ----------

The one thing I noticed about auto trannies is that if you are able to find a reliable person to overhaul for you, the gb will last. Like my last gb, it was overhauled for the third time when I bought the car 5 years back. I never had to do anything to it except to maintain the ATF. Back then, I trashed the gb a lot but I changed the ATF at every service intervals and it has carried me through without problems for the last 5 years when I felt the tranny has reached it's end.

So my theory is this, if the ATF is well taken care off, then the tranny will be less problematic. Mechanics will always tell you that the ATF needs to be replaced every 10 to 20k done but I think that it actually depends on your driving style. Like me, I'm a hard driver and with the ATF cooler installed, I still feel that with my driving style, the ATF will lose it's effectiveness due to the stress and heat generated from all the hard driving and that is why I change it at every service intervals together with the ATF filter.

Just my 2 cents.
true true..
must look for very skilled and reliable foreman to overhaul/rebuild back the gb.

and yes, take care of the ATF, ur gb may last.
and dont delay in changing the auto clutches too if u feel its worn..

edwardgth

Known Member
Feb 20, 2007
Mtf - cost me 50 while ATF cost me 98 for 4 liters of fully synthetic ATF by penzoil

monsterhks

500 RPM
Oct 18, 2007
anyone knows wats the different with the code perdana sei manual
F5M222RRKE and F5M222VPKF??? or izzit nothing different? Thanks!

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
bro...based on last 4 digits
1st part - final drive ratio
2nd part - not sure
3rd part - front LSD
4th part - vehicle made...

basically not important la haha......i also dunno wat it means...cos the mentioned above is for 332 gearbox.

Jun 20, 2011
klang
hello bro....r u use perdana v6 or perdana sei?that gearbox fm222 is for perdana sei,wira 1.6,putra and wira 1.8...my friend got same problem like u,use engine v6 but use gearbox fm222.if u want advise u can try ask my mechanic.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,
I'm planning to upgrade my 4G63 7bolt to 2.2L..
I already bought the internalpart and will be install next month..
i'm a newbie and my problem is...i don't know which turbo to fit on?
anyone can suggest any??
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience