Hello Guest! Log in or Sign up for a full experience & ad-free!

HELP! My car cannot start!!

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

sintaq

Known Member
need help from all sifus....
(i hope i post my problem at the correct thread )

my car (1.3 satria) as a wierd problem ( i guess! ).Somestimes can start but sometimes cannot lor! what happened was, when i turn the engine on or ignition, there are nuthing!! what i my mean by nuthing is that, watch on the dashboard is not turning on, there are no indicator lamps on the meter panel ( such as bateri lamp, handbrake lamp, door lamp etc ) and even worst, the car horn is not functioning thus makes my cars unable to start. i have check the battery and even knock-knock a little bit at the connector and it seems ok but its still useless. however, if i leave the car for about 2-3 hours ( or maybe longer ) or even for a night long...when i try again, everything seems to be ok. all the indicators, watch etc are functioning as usuall. it drive me crazy ( arggghhh! ) im suspecting the car wiring..so i needs opinions and helps, thanx in advance!

i hope i got my problem clear here coz i found it difficult to explain smile

p/s:to all sifus from penang, can u guys recommend a good workshop/mechanic in penang ( island area...ayer itam to be precisely )?

Could it be that your battery needs replacing or maybe you need to check your starter.......only 2 possibilities that i can think of currently.......

yeah... could be battery weak.... switch on ur headlights see whether its dim or not... best, use a multimeter and check the voltage of ur battery....

highest possibility..............something to do with the battery.
Either the connector or the battery itself.....check both

thanx for the responses.

previously, i have change the starter's solenoid + adding a relay. i also think it got to do with the battery and the connector or maybe it caused by the altenator. could it be the alternator?

p/s:did i speel it rite? a l t e r n a t o r hehehehehhe

Last edited:
the alternator would wear your battery faster. Alternator would only start working after you've started the car. So when u can't start your car, it's not the alternator.
Btw, by reading your post

sintaq said:
what happened was, when i turn the engine on or ignition, there are nuthing!! what i my mean by nuthing is that, watch on the dashboard is not turning on, there are no indicator lamps on the meter panel ( such as bateri lamp, handbrake lamp, door lamp etc ) and even worst, the car horn is not functioning

meaning to say that there's no electricity going to your indicators. Like my car, my connector to my battery is loose so sometimes can't really connect to the negative point of my battery. errr....it's connected just that it didn't 'makan'; so wat I do is take a metal and stuffs it in btween the gap to make it tighter.

you got to find out the main problem first....for me it works.........

try to borrow a battery from a friend which has spare and test it for a few days.....

get a wireman or mechanic check your ignition key switch...the place when you slot ur key in to start the engine..at the bottom there is a bunch of thick wire that control the entire car main power supply with a Plastic connector..possible the plastic connector starting loose connection already..that's why sometime u have power u meter panel sometime dun....

santanica:
no lar.....if it does; how do u think they changed batteries??.......batteries do have their own life....
your ECU would only get reset, same as other electical stuffs that you have either in your car or in your house.
But some ppl when change battery; they'll retap the wire to the new battery first before actually disconnecting the connection to the existing battery.

Thanks i just got some bits to rice up my car and didnt know if the battery would be an issue geeky yes but should be fun

Yo bro...

I had the exactly same problem like yuu as well. happened to my wira 1.3
These are the ways that I tried (sometimes work sometimes don't)

- Knock the positive head and the negative head of the battery to that it 'makans'.
- Wash the terminal head with water
- Wipe the terminal head with a piece of cloth so that it is clean from those white thingies.
- Add battery water
- Shake the car/ battery (LOLz)

What I did ... sometimes it worked. and sometimes it doesnt . So I hand over to a friend of mine. All he did was open the fuse box (I'm not sure what is it called but it's a black box on the left hand side of the bonet) and did sumthing to it. The car magical started. and my car hasn't been facing this problem ever since (touch wood)

I'm not a car genius bro but I hope my experience can be of some help. There are many possibiliies, experiment with them and have fun bro. It is really a nice experience.

All the best and Good Luck!!

regards,
-Rock-

Last edited:
sometime ago i had problem to start my car.sometimes can start sometimes cannot.i replaced battery,alternator still cannot.i check wiring,my alarm main circuit? was the cause.took out alarm unit then everyday can start no problem.

thanx for the replies bros...

i went to see two mechanics on this day, both of them are puzzeled!! hehehehe! they check everything bout the battery, connector, stater etc and it seems that the all are in good condition. the last solution they provided are...give thier name card & call them if the problem arise again. hehehehe! :P anyway, i got some opinions from my friends and they said it maybe got to do with the fuses ( just like RockLee said ) & wiring. tommorow have to go again lorr...aiyaaaa

sintaq said:
thanx for the replies bros...

i went to see two mechanics on this day, both of them are puzzeled!! hehehehe! they check everything bout the battery, connector, stater etc and it seems that the all are in good condition. the last solution they provided are...give thier name card & call them if the problem arise again. hehehehe! :P anyway, i got some opinions from my friends and they said it maybe got to do with the fuses ( just like RockLee said ) & wiring. tommorow have to go again lorr...aiyaaaa

I'm not really sure myself. I gave a call to that friend of mine who fix my car. What he did was, knock the fuse box a few times and just make sure everything inside is tightened or in place. Try it next time if yur car just stopped moving.

Hope all goes well for yuu.

regards,
-Rock-

me anuther car, a wira V6 had the battery "kong" in 1 1/2 yrs.....after change battery; 1 week the battery indicator lights are on. When step on the pedal; the indicator becomes dim and off......so suspect altenator;
got change the bloddy thing every thing goes back to normal....around RM500 for changing alternator and servicing the car at the same time....
expensive ler....

IMHO its never good to knock a battery as it is quite fragile. u may knocked down its internal parts instead.

what i would do is

1. check battery condition. for normal battery, never use for more than 2 years.
2. check all fusible links especially for engine. normally they are bigger than other fuse.
3. check all electrical connections especially at starter motor. i kena one time and it costed me RM20 to pay the mechanic sumthing i should have known and capable to kautim.
4. if everything is fine, then maybe there is current leak. that u have to find on your own. check also earthing @ grounding points) and tightened is necessary

how about ignition switch? might be possible too...

my bet will be on ur ignition switch(the part where u turn ur key)
check that..try to replace it ..or do a hotwire start to see..if everytime by bypassing ur ignition key also can start..that means the thing kaput
my opinion only la..me no super mech..lol

A Post Every 5 Mins

I'm driving wira with 4g93t engine. Nowadays my engine RPM is very late to turn down when I rev the engine, seems like the throttle body late to close. the boost meter also late to turn down. anybody knows what happened?

Online now

Search

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom