4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Since there are too many stories of
"Im using a GT35 ballbearing, i got it cheap"
"my ar70 is confirm a ballbearing turbo bt not ori"
"my ar70 spool fast, ballbearing"
I am not here to spoil anyones market or sales
lets hear the true story of a DSM'er who is also a turbo expert/service/engineer
he bought the china/taiwan made turbo and ran it to show the outcome
here it goes,

Compressor- 62mm inducer, 82mm exducer; 6-blade.
Turbine- 68mm inducer, 62mm exducer; 10-blade.

T3 turbine inlet, Garrett 4-bolt outlet.
4" compressor cover inlet, 2.5" compressor outlet.

It lasted 400 miles.....barely enough time to get the car tuned properly. We installed it by the books- ran the oil feed to the head with an inline filter and a volume restrictor, and it STILL died. I'm rather disappointed- it really appeared to be quite a well-built piece. I'm going to pursue a warranty claim from the seller, although I'm probably just going to get a poke in the eye. If they don't want the turbo back or are unresponsive to my warranty claim, I'll rip the turbo apart and try to see what exactly what went wrong

So, I suppose now it's time to spill the beans.....

This turbo was a JOURNAL BEARING turbo ALL ALONG. The seller BLATANTLY LIED in the listing....so you could see why I was a little upset. For not much more than I paid, I could've bought a new journal-bearing Garrett. I bought the turbo BECAUSE I thought it was a BALL BEARING UNIT as the listing clearly stated.

Here's the photos that I didn't want to post until I received my refund:

so guys have fun , u may view the thread in
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/turbo-system-tech/299821-ebay-knockoff-gt35r-testing-7.html
Jusmx141 is one of the guru's tht bring down info and tear it up n open them up for ur eyes :D

SYeNi69

Known Member
Jun 27, 2006
TTDI KL
400 miles !!!!! goddamn ...

Soo many bad experiences ... btw ... any success stories ??? :rofl: ...

a friend(A) of mine has a success story ... only him .. but then he was the 1st one to buy it in my list of friends(A,B,C,D) ... after he(A) was satisfied with the performance and many of my other friends(B,C,D) also saw the outcome ... they also bought it (3 people buy at one time) ... :rofl: i think u guys know the ending of what happen to the turbo's bought by B,C and D ... all hancur after a few weeks ... kekeke ... try send to Tong to repair ... Tong laughed and said its beyond repair ... :rofl:

Reason why i'm enjoying this is because i warned them about this ... :thefinger:

BTW - (A) is still using it until now lor ... 2 years of hard boosting and still ok ... i think he is 1 in 1000+ thats lucky ... :biggrin:

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
i bought for a fren t3/t6 china turbine from joshua thiran of millennium, and tuned it up to [email protected] on a dyno dynamics and the car is still running fine after years of hard runs. dis car beat a 12secs (SDB time) car berkampung2, so its really powerful and responsive. yet to be timed in sepang, but the licensing made it harder for me to get the car into sdb competition. bottom line, a china turbine also can tahan, but dat depends on ur application. how u boost it up. a spike can destroy a turbo in seconds as ive seen in the past

maybe u screwed the turbine during tune up kot, ive seen dat happened a lot jugek ler. what management are u using bro?

---------- Post added at 10:17 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

just finished reading sum of the posts in the thread u posted, the turbine was fecked because of the restricter kan? it wasnt because it was a china turbo? nice

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
i bought for a fren t3/t6 china turbine from joshua thiran of millennium, and tuned it up to [email protected] on a dyno dynamics and the car is still running fine after years of hard runs. dis car beat a 12secs (SDB time) car berkampung2, so its really powerful and responsive. yet to be timed in sepang, but the licensing made it harder for me to get the car into sdb competition. bottom line, a china turbine also can tahan, but dat depends on ur application. how u boost it up. a spike can destroy a turbo in seconds as ive seen in the past

maybe u screwed the turbine during tune up kot, ive seen dat happened a lot jugek ler. what management are u using bro?

---------- Post added at 10:17 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

just finished reading sum of the posts in the thread u posted, the turbine was fecked because of the restricter kan? it wasnt because it was a china turbo? nice
not all china turbos of cos :) , so dnt buy blindly , jo knows which to buy

- D i a b l o -

500 RPM
Sep 27, 2005
Shah Alam
bosstrain.blogspot.com
good post unker jin.even on the medium quality picture upon closer inspection i can see abit of wear marks..400miles is a joke,even if its a china-made turbo they still want to make a turbine that can be used after selling right,being a business man i dont think they meant the turbine to break.

however,even with their so called quality control,this happens.I'm glad you came out and share this with us.

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
good info, nice..

I read some post in web says that some or largest turbo brand manufactured their turbo part in china. Dont know how true is it :itsme:
lots of companies have moved to china including performance parts
eagle ? china , msd ignition china :D lot more
holset if not mistaken plant in china and also india :D

the important thing, they run Quality control hehehe

Trinityblood

3,000 RPM
Nov 10, 2007
soon most of the branded product building factory in china for outsource..
so for me as long as you bought it at the right place and stated ori or fake
ppl can buy anything they wan.so china turbo or garret turbo is doesnt matter,
as long as u noe what u buying...

p/s:do not expect pay rm1.5k get ballbearing turbo(ori)peace.

Trinityblood

3,000 RPM
Nov 10, 2007
plus im using bosch coil from china,nvm still running nicely and my car oso:slug:

r_monstar

Known Member
Dec 31, 2008
malaysia
buy something from who you can trust,or can give something in return when shi..tss happen.
millenium motorsport...turbo 1 and others...from R.A.C.E TORCO:top:

SDF

missing her so much
Nov 19, 2003
KL, Malaysia
buy something from who you can trust,or can give something in return when shi..tss happen.
millenium motorsport...turbo 1 and others...from R.A.C.E TORCO:top:
that's our company tag line "Genuine Delivers Best Value" :wink: