fuel pump and injector

lan evo

3,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Visit site
what kind of fuel pump and injector suitable for my upgrade?i wanna put 272 cam and retain the stock turbo.

thanks

pathfinder

Known Member
Mar 6, 2005
i think as long as standard turbo is retained,and only cams upgrade....the stock injectors&pump can handle.upgrading cams usually need to upgrade the ecu.and the fuel aspect,at least need adjustable fuel regulator to increase the fuel pressure.

upgrading the big cc injectors&high pressure pump usually necessary when use bigger turbo.

im not an expert anyway. ;)

antonio

Old Member
Jul 27, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
what engine...

if just cams then no necassary to change injector unless ur boosting quite high....but then again b4 boosting metal head gasket n "so-on" mods have been done or not...if just cams no need change but if u wan to -+200 % of ur standard injector upgrade if ok....lets say from 510 no need to go for 1000 if ur not above 2bar...but can use oso 1000 its just u have to get a management to control it...if not...rugi minyak...or engine running rich kaw kaw....

fuel pump is adequate if the fuel pressure don drop too low...if drop very low then change to those "power" or "walbro" or Sard brands...those merc bosch oso can...but cannot fit lar...need mods not just PnP...

dolly

500 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
fuel pump, walbro or power 255lph = WHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE omg. suggest you try other cars with the pump, see if you (or your family/gf) can tahan

dolly

500 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
actually walbro 255lph if purchased online is <rm400 shipping included. the shops in sunway rapes you on the price :(

lan evo

3,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Visit site
Originally posted by dolly@Mar 8 2005, 13:50
actually walbro 255lph if purchased online is <rm400 shipping included. the shops in sunway rapes you on the price :(
which website?

lan evo

3,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Visit site
Originally posted by antonio@Mar 8 2005, 12:14
what engine...

if just cams then no necassary to change injector unless ur boosting quite high....but then again b4 boosting metal head gasket n "so-on" mods have been done or not...if just cams no need change but if u wan to -+200 % of ur standard injector upgrade if ok....lets say from 510 no need to go for 1000 if ur not above 2bar...but can use oso 1000 its just u have to get a management to control it...if not...rugi minyak...or engine running rich kaw kaw....

fuel pump is adequate if the fuel pressure don drop too low...if drop very low then change to those "power" or "walbro" or Sard brands...those merc bosch oso can...but cannot fit lar...need mods not just PnP...
4g63 evo4

boosting 1.1 bar,got metal head gasket

pathfinder

Known Member
Mar 6, 2005
i think bigger turbo gives more satisfaction than 272 cams.

the problem is big turbo needs more upgrades.especially the injectors,pump and ecu.

standard injectors,pump,cams,intercooler can support slightly better flow TD05-20G,just do the ecu.anything beyond TD05-20G needs serious fuelling&ecu upgrade to make sure the internals are safe.

dolly

500 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
search from www.google.com or from ebay

i think both turbo and cam upgrade should go together, they should complement each other. search other forums, there are a couple that have done lotsa dyno testing with cams on stock motors iinm

pathfinder

Known Member
Mar 6, 2005
dolly.

if put 272 cams,so can pull easily too 7500rpm.but with standard TD05-16G,i think it cannot go high boost.which one come 1st when flooring the throttle...boost limit or rev limit?

antonio

Old Member
Jul 27, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Originally posted by pathfinder@Mar 8 2005, 16:03
dolly.

if put 272 cams,so can pull easily too 7500rpm.but with standard TD05-16G,i think it cannot go high boost.which one come 1st when flooring the throttle...boost limit or rev limit?
boost too high = engine blow +turbo blow(sumtimes)
rev to high = engine blow (conrod,bearings may not withstand) :(

dolly

500 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
pathfinder, yes 272s will let you breath better up top, but whats the point if your turbo runs out of puff 1k rpm before the 272s get to shine?

td05-16G (big G) if you look at the compressor map is pretty okay for high <1.5bar boost, but this also depends on what rpm u intend to run,

and like you said u'd prefer to upgrade turbo as it gives mroe satisfaction, true, but how about lag? and if you put a big turbo that starts to shine at high rpms, and you dont have big cams, then ur killing urself again.

thas why i said, both go hand in hand

partly agree with cams not needing as much upgrades tho. if you go for hks cams then yeah thas all you need, since the lift is not as aggresive, can still use back the stock springs and retainers, but not true if you use cams from tomei/jun/pipercross etc. also, depending on rpm, might need to beef up the internals/ bigger/better porting headjob

Evo_TM

Known Member
Nov 18, 2003
Sel
lan_evo: wat's ur E4 standard boost? heard some say 0.7 some say 1 bar...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Plucky would be the best description of the Dacia team that’s aiming to tackle Pikes Peak this year but that is hardly the best description for their weapon of choice. The team will be fielding a fully-reworked Dacia Duster that probably only shares the emblem on the front hood with the production model.

Ice-racing star driver, Jean-Phillipe Dayraut, an Andros Trophy champ, will be piloting the Duster up...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience