Walbro internal fuel pump

silvertop madness

Jan 25, 2014
Kuching
Hye there veterans, just wanted to ask something regarding fuel pumps, im using a ae100 corolla with an internal racing fuel pump Walbro 255, can i use my car until the tank is below half? because my mech told me if possible don't let my car run below den half tank..any opinions guys??

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
normal driving.....should be ok with half tank.

For spirited driving with half tank (assume your tank is still ori), the movement (lateral acceleration, high power and demanding condition like drifting) of the car make the fuel in the tank to slush around....this could possibly cause accidental ingestion of air in the fuel pump/line....and may cause fuel temporary exhaustion to the engine. I think this is your mech's concern.

If you are concerned about possible sucking in air in the fuel line, just install a fuel surge tank, or sometimes it is called a swirl pot.

silvertop madness

Jan 25, 2014
Kuching
Thanks for the info bro...but i think a fuel surge tank would't be too necessary as my car is not fully modded..my mods are just da Walbro fuel pump, FPR, trumpets and exhausts..if i were to go make it a drag beast, my ill reconsider da surge tank :biggrin:

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
i think ur mech is more concerned about the fuel pump burning out when the fuel slushes around....and not cooling the fuel pump enough

happens quite abit to walbros...theres even a thread here on ZTH where someone disected it and took a look.

feel free to google and see

but for better clarification... ask ur mech why la

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

<a href="http://www.zerotohundred.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=40760">
</a>

Imagine cruising in a not so ordinary machine, with an engine that runs
without pistons, wrapped in a sexily curved shell. Its head runs so far in front
you can hardly see where it ends, Yes, you'll be in an RX-7. What makes
the RX-7s special is the engine. It's so silky smooth you don't realize the
limit of it. What makes the FD RX-7...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience