Pikes Peak’s GT-R powered Dacia Duster in shakedown tests w/video

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

Plucky would be the best description of the Dacia team that’s aiming to tackle Pikes Peak this year but that is hardly the best description for their weapon of choice. The team will be fielding a fully-reworked Dacia Duster that probably only shares the emblem on the front hood with the production model.

Ice-racing star driver, Jean-Phillipe Dayraut, an Andros Trophy champ, will be piloting the Duster up Pikes Peak in the no-holds barred Unlimited class against the likes of Rhys Millen, Monster Tajima and Paul Dallenbach.

The Duster now packs an 850hp punch courtesy of the mill from a Nissan GT-R that has been thoroughly reworked. You can see it during some shakedown tests in the video. It’s amazing how effortlessly the thing gets sideways and smokes all tyres.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SVlEzhWoLZY" allowfullscreen="" width="560" frameborder="0" height="349"></iframe>

Source: YouTube

Similar threads   Forum
News and Features
Car Talk
Videos
News and Features
News and Features
Videos
News and Features
News and Features
News and Features
News and Features