Ford ^^ Holden

leslie

2,000 RPM
Aug 14, 2004
looking for owners of ford holden or any 4door left hand drive!!! urgent!!

links

1,500 RPM
May 26, 2004
why so urgent? previous own one old skool ford falcon with 4.0 V8 cabby in Aussie land before..but the fuel consumption cannot tahan....so sold off after 1 month for a mitsubishi magma...

leslie

2,000 RPM
Aug 14, 2004
need it for an event... anybody knows anybody that has one???...

leslie

2,000 RPM
Aug 14, 2004
event on 30thjuly till 1st august...

my number is 017-3333865.. pls call me before wednesday if you have and interested...tq

leslie

2,000 RPM
Aug 14, 2004
if you do have and its not in kl.. for instance melaka,penang, jb, around malaysia.. we dont mind.. we will pay for all transportation !!

bal3056

Sep 10, 2005
Puchong, S'gor
Hi mates, the last post was some time ago in 2004. I decided to join this forum today in the hope that someone will contact me regarding this discussion on Holdens. There are quite a few Holdens of the 70s around here in KL, 5 of them being within the Holden group we are in. I own a 1980 holden, my brother a 1979, and 2 of my mates 1973 model. I have been a Holden freak for 32 years now. 3 of these Holdens are being fully restored under my care and loving attention. 1 has been restored sometime ago for a friend and sold for a whopping RM45,000. This car can be viewed in www.adckits.com.my . There are about 2 more in Johore, 2 in Pahang, and 3 in Butterworth/Kedah region. Once I get in touch with all Holdens in the country, I'll be forming a Holden Club Malaysia, first time ever here.

Feel free to discuss on this subject if it interests you. These Aussie tanks are available for event shows, advertising, media presentation etc.

email : [email protected]
Hatish Mayer
KL, Malaysia

calvintys

Known Member
Sep 24, 2004
klang
Hi,

Just out of my curiosity. What is soo great about those car? I have been in australia for 5 year plus and i never like those car and non of my australian mate like those car too (sorry to say). Do you mind helping me out. I am very curious about it.

Cheers
Calvin

takata8

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
O.S.H
Visit site
The grass outside is always greener..... FORD n HOLDEN is just like PROTON n PERODUA in MALAYSIA... I mean the branding..... it is local made, very normal for them.....
What I can say bout FORD n HOLDEN is their raw power n their torque.... FORD has the blown XR sixes and HOLDEN has the muscular V8.....
most of the AUSSIE thinks that Japanese car is hotter n more sexy to look at..... if they were to buy something to show off.... it must be a Japanese cars.... owning a Japs car here is consider cheap but paying the spare parts n road tax is gonna be hell expensive.....

Last edited:

bal3056

Sep 10, 2005
Puchong, S'gor
Well Calvin, one thing's for sure, no one ever said that Holdens were great cars, neither are any other makes in this world great enough. Each make and model has it's own likes and dislikes, pros and cons.
I am in the classic car restoration business and have built many cars from scratch and each make truly shows it's bad points when you strip them apart. All makes are marketed to show how good they are from the outside for business sense and purpose. To me I've seen so many bad points in Mercedes cars as well as BMWs, Jaguars etc, but would you not buy one, you would if you can afford them. I own a BMW myself and I love the refinement and technology, handling and suspension setup put into the Bimmers. But I also know there are many bad points but that doesn't stop me or anybody else from owning them. Likes and dislikes is a matter of choice. I've been involved with Holdens of the 70s and 80s for 30+ years and still continue to love them for their robustness, quality, reliability and comfort levels that even todays cars can't match. There are numerous websites on Holdens and the love that owners have for them. Similarly, there are numerous websites on love for BMWs, Mercs, Jags, Japs, even Protons and Kancils. Can they be wrong?

Bert

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Muddy Delta
Visit site
bal3056,

Nice work on the cars... how much does it usually cost to restore a car? hopefully in the future I can find a nice old car to restore for a weekend cruiser

takata8

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
O.S.H
Visit site
Just suddenly came up in mind... r they really AUSSIE? not interested in FORD n HOLDEN? They are one of the representation of Aus... just like footy n cricket..... o come on.. U must be joking.....

calvintys

Known Member
Sep 24, 2004
klang
takata8 said:
most of the AUSSIE thinks that Japanese car is hotter n more sexy to look at..... if they were to buy something to show off.... it must be a Japanese cars.... owning a Japs car here is consider cheap but paying the spare parts n road tax is gonna be hell expensive.....

Aussie love jap car because they are cheap in most sense. Such as petrol, price of the car, parts, technology if you compare it to holden or ford. Also you are wrong about road TAX, in australia all car pay the same road tax.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear Friends,

Need some info regarding Force Induction (turbocharger / supercharger) for 4G92 MIVEC. Advantage/disavantage?:rolleyes:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience