Ferrari SUV - Im Not Kidding!!

keshy

500 RPM
Dec 12, 2007

I can’t believe this is happening. Just a few weeks ago we featured the Porsche Panamera where I criticized Porsche for retarding the brand name by developing a 4door saloon car. I realize that sometime you have to move forward and think outside the box. In this case, expanding the product range to include cars that cater to different segments. By moving out of niche markets, you not only introduce the brand name to people that might not have heard of it before but the company also stands to double or triple its income, or just loose its investment.

When Porsche introduced the Cayenne, it was met with cold hearts and heavy criticism, just as I am against the entire idea of Ferrari developing an SUV. Not only is it absurd, it fails to even sound right as it rolls off your tongue but developing an SUV is exactly what Ferrari is planning to do with an unveiling set for 2011. It seems that the bosses at Ferrari have been keeping a close eye on the Porsche Cayenne and it’s sales records has baffled them and now they want a piece of the SUV pie too. Its all about the money, we accept it or not.

Called the project F151, the SUV apparently has a practical interior, estate car luggage capacity and rough-road abilities. Such un-Ferrari like features will surely cause an uproar among car enthusiast worldwide and I really hope it does. I hope people rally against it, Ferrari’s Italian Artisans strike against it, the cow’s don’t die so there’s no supply for leather, or something because I detest the very existence of the idea of a Ferrari SUV.

On a much calmer note, I should note that the Ferrari is still in its early stages and thank god the project is yet to be given the green light by bosses nervous of tarnishing Ferrari’s legendary brand image. From the renderings, it is clear that the wannabe classy super-SUV is in its showroom ready trim. It is expected to be around five meters long and two meters wide, the jacked up Ferrari would offer luxurious transport for the super rich, super annoying and just super ignorant. With it’s performance based heritage, Ferrari’s engineers and designers face an uphill task of making it look good, go fast, handle well, and basically live up to its dynamic reputation. With powerplants to be offered in either V8 or V12 form, Ferrari should recommend owning an oil field just to keep this joke moving.

It is said that the most challenging aspect of developing the SUV is the four-wheel-drive transmission because Ferrari does not have an existing system to refer to. So how do they counter the problem? They develop existing technology borrowed from their arch rival in Formula 1, Mercedes. But of course, Ferrari could just opt for a cheaper alternative in the form of Ferrari’s very own rear-drive 612 Scaglietti platform. But knowing Ferrari, they probably go for the more expensive one to improve handling and justify charging a higher price, ensuring exclusivity.

Buyers will be asked to pay well in excess of 100,000 Euros. If the F151 gets the go-ahead, the Ferrari will be revealed in concept form in 2010 before going on sale a year later.

Source: Auto Express

happyeater

Apr 13, 2006
ahahha..sooner or later... hungry investors will want the money.
simple as that.
with their current capacity really over the edge, looks like another plant is needed to make this madness...
pininfarina perhaps??

we all could have seen this joke coming, just look at the amount of nonsense ferrari merchandise u can find on their site nowadays. a theme park in middle east. imagine heaps n heaps of workers wearing a prancing horse logo operating roller coasters and serving your tea/coffee... thats ferrrari marketing to mass market, like u and me.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Good Lord! The end is nigh, my friends...repent, repent...

skazareth

Known Member
Feb 8, 2007
but still, i dun agree with this..and also with Cayene and Panamera.

Just let Toyota or Ford do their 4x4 better..

hoxy

Known Member
Oct 8, 2007
maybe ferrari have been pushed to make an SUV because proton plan to do the SUV? haha

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Photoshop again. Please measure the A pillar angle.
It's a rumour/speculation which car mags do a lot of. They always come with a rendition of what said car may look like via photochop.

ntsc

Known Member
Apr 20, 2006
Ya, the front grill really looks alike cayanne.....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi kawan2 semua, I need some help here about upgrading my engine performance.

I am driving a Ford Telstar 1999 2.0 16V with auto transmission. I would like to actually put in the electric supercharger which comes together with a chip that supposedly will increase my car with extra 15-20 bhp. Is it ok with this ?

I am also looking for MatSpeed coz my friend told me he can custom make camshaft. I was told he is in Shah Alam. Can anyone be kind enough to give me his contact ??????

With...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience