Evo 9 bov

Poacher

Known Member
Nov 21, 2012
Auckland, NZ
Hi guys,

I am looking for one if someone has one for sale? Or a source to purchase? I am in NZ.

I have tried a few different options but i am still getting compressor flutter/surge back flow when i let off the gas which is dulling the blades on my turbo :(

Thanks
Johno

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
E9 BOV is made of metal as opposed to plastic ones right? I can ask for you when I go to Ah Wah's place next Saturday.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Do you not have faith for vent-off BOV? Like HKS ones but there's a nozzle for you to connect back to the vent in opening.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
When you said the air feeds back into the turbo that creates fluttering, is there a knob where you can loosen the BOV to open sooner? Additionally check the vacuum pipe that 'pulls' the BOV to open, maybe there's a leak. That's why it's weak and having less vacuum force.

Poacher

Known Member
Nov 21, 2012
Auckland, NZ
I have put in the lightest spring, loaded on softest load (no load on spring) and even cut a little off the spring, i might cut some more off.

Ill double check the vacuum line, my boost gauge does show very good vacuum, i think i have a small leak in my intercooler pipe, idle is 16-20psi negative, and down hill it drops right down to -27 or even -29.

I have seen the evo 8mr / evo 9 metal BOV push style works much better, especially when my top intercooler pipe is 3", lots of air to remove on stock cams and stock intake / evo 8mr turbo LOL.

russellc2

Sep 14, 2012
Wellington, NZ
What BOV are you using Johno? I still get some flutter / compressor surge at part throttle with my BOV (GFB Response on 100% recirc)

I've gone to a softer spring too and cut it which helped but I haven't eliminated all of it either... I'd be interested to hear if the Evo 9 metal BOV does help as I was thinking of trying one again too.

I'm also running quite big (2.75") intercooler plumbing and maybe going to 2.5" plumbing may help??

chubster

Known Member
Aug 14, 2012
New Zealand
I run a ssqv knockoff set up to plumb back with NO SPRING. The problem is if you dont take your foot completely off the accelerator you will never make enough vacuum to open the bov.

pomnz

Apr 28, 2013
New Zealand
I have a brand new evo 9 bov waiting to go on my car. Ordered it direct from Japan to nz off nengun.com

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear turbo sifu's,

I have a crazy idea for my 4G93T. Can i change my 4G93T engine block with a 4G94 Mistubishi Lancer block and maybe use forged pistons and forged conrods (eagle conrods)... Btw the 4G94 engine block is made out of castmetal and the bore is 81.55mm & stroke is 95.8mm. so can i still boost high on the GSR if i use this block to replace the standard one?

Do you guys think this idea of mine will work, will there be an increase in hp?.. need feedbacks from all the turbo sifu's...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience