airtrek engine replacement to evo 5 engine

xxx475475

Apr 20, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Hi i am buying a 2003 airtrek turbo. Previous engine blok or piston broken. So the owner gtting an evo 5 engine lantai changed and going to sell it to me. Question is i know 4g63 engine in evo 4 to 7 is the same. But are going to be complication??? Or some technical issue going to arise. Talk to the mechanic, he say shd be no problem. Please advise. Tqvm.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Hello bro, can you please define clearly what does 'engine lantai' consists of? Is it purely the 3 main component of block, pistons and conrod? Any other items? What about crankshaft?

Supposedly if only the block, pistons and conrod, I think there shouldn't be any problem at all. But you may way to re-register your block as the engine number is different now.

kaninbu

500 RPM
Dec 2, 2008
KL
i assume ur engine lantai is just the engine itself only.
engine look the same but performance wise is like heaven n earth.
evos 4g63 uses forged internal(mean for racing) where airtrek are just regular cast(like normal car).
if ur seller willing to chg to evo 5,he need some endorsement from jpj b4 handing the car to u.if not will fail puspakom.

xxx475475

Apr 20, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Its the engine which itself without other parts like turbo, fmic or gb. Yes need to register new engine.

---------- Post added at 08:07 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:49 AM ----------

plus will be using back the original tmic, tiptronic gb, ecu and i spotted few previous upgrades like aluminium radiator, external wastegate, fuel regulator installed.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
i assume ur engine lantai is just the engine itself only.
engine look the same but performance wise is like heaven n earth.
evos 4g63 uses forged internal(mean for racing) where airtrek are just regular cast(like normal car).
if ur seller willing to chg to evo 5,he need some endorsement from jpj b4 handing the car to u.if not will fail puspakom.
The 'heaven and earth' difference will only be obvious if the engine is complete ie. turbo, intake manifold, intercooler, injectors, ECU mapping etc. I think by the engine 'lantai' alone, you still get improvement but not that drastic.

---------- Post added at 08:24 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:23 AM ----------

Bro xxx475475, I will advise you to top up a bit more and upgrade the whole complete engine to Evo5, you won't regret and will be smiling ear to ear when you compare to stock Airtreks.

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
enjin lantai is depends on its package. some of it called enjin lantai complete means a complete engine with GB, ecu, wiring, brake, absorber but without all interior parts. some enjin lantai have complete enjin but without some other parts like GB, absorber, brake, wiring etc. if the previous owner change the engine only(consist of head to bottom), they call it "enjin kosong" means only engine without all other parts even like radiator, all the pumps. only parts that attached to engine block is include.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
better avoid that car bro....try to find other airtreks.
SOmewhat agree. If the engine is fried, you can't expect too much from other parts like chassis, suspension and body. Airtrek is cheap these days, take your time to look for a good original one.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
the other party will get any used engine lantai that requires a lot of rojak wiring & parts, in the long run u will face a lot
of problems as its a half done job & u will have a hard time finding the parts, your mechanic will also bang balls haha.

if its an upgraded evo 7 airtrek engine then yes can consider. if evo 5 engine lantai summore better avoid it.

xxx475475

Apr 20, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
The owner is my friend. Run check thoroughly, front drive shaft also changed. Disc brake ok. Rear shaft ok. Exhaust ok. Manifold have yet been check. Interior ok. Paint need to be done. He going to let go below mrket price.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

the foreman say my optimum boost is 0.8bar. MAx boost is 1.1bar.

So... suddenly i think abt the v-power, since the fuel octane is higher...
so, if i using the v-power n running at 1bar.

Is it more safety?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience